Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Expecting Freo will go hard at Baker not Eagles. Eagles are gunning for Buss of course and probably will look at Drafting Banfield's Son and getting a top 1st round pick before a bid comes in for him.

I like Balta but has not proven to be consistent like Baker, Lynch yeah but he has barely played in two years.
Taranto!? is this the guy that is a terrible kick and is criticized constantly by opposition supporters?
Those inside mids that have most of their touches in a contest always cop s**t with their poor disposal efficiency, thats just part of the role. Its not just taranto
Balta looked elite when he was playing to me, maybe you have Baker ahead of him, it doesnt matter. Point is Baker is only your 3rd best this year so far because you are missing a bunch of senior players, so its baker, Bolton, a couple others then kids

Expecting Freo will go hard at Baker not Eagles. Eagles are gunning for Buss of course and probably will look at Drafting Banfield's Son and getting a top 1st round pick before a bid comes in for him.
I dont think Banfield is a top 10 pick that we would need to jump ahead of at this stage, but hard to say so early. Wouldnt be surprised if we bring next years pick into this year though, would give more flexibility to get Baker.
I wouldnt rule us out because of that

I dont think Banfield is a top 10 pick that we would need to jump ahead of at this stage, but hard to say so early. Wouldnt be surprised if we bring next years pick into this year though, would give more flexibility to get Baker.
I wouldnt rule us out because of that
Not top 10 but likely Eagles 2nd round might come into contention if they trade for Busslinger. Dogs are going too look for this years draft seeing as they have father sons next year and only a 2nd & 3rd so far to draft with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he says no to the PSD, then the Eagles should say no.

They are at a critical time where they shouldn't even be considering moving such a high selection unless it is to bring in a superstar or improve their overall draft hand.
I agree. Others don’t and I do see their view point but our picks should go to the draft or under 23yo trades IMO. FA is the lever to pull for the age bracket around Baker.

Not top 10 but likely Eagles 2nd round might come into contention if they trade for Busslinger. Dogs are going too look for this years draft seeing as they have father sons next year and only a 2nd & 3rd so far to draft with.
If you're talking about Charlie Banfield, he isn't eligible to be drafted until 2025.
No split but offer the 2nd round pick and if Richmond don’t take it. It’s PSD time. Baker would be set by then.

1 year deal on huge money so no other team would take him and if they do, he gets paid and leaves again the year after.
West Coast will never do this.

If I am west coast, there is absolutely no way I am splitting our first pick or including it in any deal for Baker.

If Baker refuses the PSD, I'd just let him go to Freo.

They should be holding onto their 1st round pick(s) for dear life.
No split but offer the 2nd round pick and if Richmond don’t take it. It’s PSD time. Baker would be set by then.

1 year deal on huge money so no other team would take him and if they do, he gets paid and leaves again the year after.

Baker wouldn't go in the PSD.

If he nominates us, a trade will get done.
We could've gotten Brockman in the PSD but didn't.

You seem to be forgetting we are below you guys on the ladder.
a 2nd round is not getting Baker, if that's all you are offering I am hoping he picks Freo.

You seem to be forgetting we are below you guys on the ladder.
a 2nd round is not getting Baker, if that's all you are offering I am hoping he picks Freo.
Hope away…..

Not forgetting, just know if it went down the PSD way, it’s easy to manufacture outcomes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back