Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Contracted or not Baker is a lot better player it's not even debatable. he has been a top 3 player at Richmond for 3-4 seasons.
Might as well say he's your number 1 player while you're at it.

He’s a better player, but he’s not worth a top ten pick.
I don't think he is a top 10 pick per say but I don't think he is back much further than that maybe a pick 12-15 is his real value he is certainly not 2nd round pick and with pushback academy's it might be...

I think Bolton is above him but Baker is probably next in line imo if your going by 3-4 year period.
He's up there... Equal 2nd, equal 4th and 6th in the Jack Dyers so that's what 4th best and some change.

5th best if you're going off the last 2 years ;) discount?

If he does go it will be for the value of a top 10 pick

The market was set for Shultz last year and baker is a much better much more versatile player
Schultz was valued at pick 16 to 18.

Was contracted.

No where top 10.

If he was out of contract, it would have been a 2nd round pick

The market was set for Shultz last year and baker is a much better much more versatile player
Shultz went for picks that Collingwood would assume to be in the 20s and 40s respectively(after NGA/FS picks).

That doesn't equate to a top 10 pick.

What Collingwood overpaid is also completely irrelevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old are you ? 12?

This is ridiculous
Ah yes, I created this account before I was born, before I was even conceived in fact!

Embarassing accusation mate

You look like a fool not understanding the difference between a contracted and uncontacted player but it seems that reputation is well known already on this board

Ah yes, I created this account before I was born, before I was even conceived in fact!

Embarassing accusation mate

You look like a fool not understanding the difference between a contracted and uncontacted player but it seems that reputation is well known already on this board

Lol

Baker is in for a contract that could go for 5 years for $5 m or more

But you reckon that’s not worth a top 10 pick equivalent ?

That’s not how the afl works

It’s all good

Let’s just see what happens

Lol

Baker is in for a contract that could go for 5 years for $5 m or more

But you reckon that’s not worth a top 10 pick equivalent ?

That’s not how the afl works

It’s all good

Let’s just see what happens
1mil isnt what it used to be. "Good Players" will be on 1mil over the next few years, top 10 pick players will be on a lot more than 1mil

The most likely outcome is Baker to Freo for their middle 1R pick. Our offer will be straight swap for our 2R. I hope he stays at Richmond.

You're selling yourself short with a top 10. Freo paid #2 for Lachie Weller so that means he's worth more than that. Pick #1.

That's how it works, doesn't it?

Had another think about Liam bakers value and I admit I miscalculated

Liam baker will end up yielding the value of picks and players between pick 5-10

2 time premiership player , can play anywhere , at his peak . Great soldier tough skillful and knows how to win .

Could play in any team in the league and make them better, simply a star .

Hope he stays but if he goes that what he is worth, and that is what Richmond will get

West coast and Fremantle both have the capital to make it happen .

I’ll be back in when the price has been paid to gloat .

Had another think about Liam bakers value and I admit I miscalculated

Liam baker will end up yielding the value of picks and players between pick 5-10

2 time premiership player , can play anywhere , at his peak . Great soldier tough skillful and knows how to win .

Could play in any team in the league and make them better, simply a star .

Hope he stays but if he goes that what he is worth, and that is what Richmond will get

West coast and Fremantle both have the capital to make it happen .

I’ll be back in when the price has been paid to gloat .
Have another another think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back