Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

This was in a CODE article that got posted on a Richmond thread.

Fremantle has reportedly tabled a five-year deal to secure the premiership player’s services. But Walls said it was a matter of whether the 26-year-old wanted to return home.

“Obviously he’s a very good, experienced player,” he said. “If he decided that he wanted to come home, we’d want to be right there and put our hat in the ring.

“We don’t know what’s happening. We’ll track him but we don’t know at this stage.”

To me that doesn't sound that confident.
What would you expect him to say about a player at another club?

If its Eagles then they're going to have to split their 1st pick. Firstly to satisfy a trade and secondly cos they need to hit the draft hard.

GC could be a good trading option as they could get a pick before Lombard gets bid on. Say pick 4 and a future pick for 8 and 9. Then give us a pick 8 or 9 for Baker and a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Eagles still get a top 10 draft pick, Baker and an extra 2nd/3rd round pick. We get a top 10 pick and Suns still get a early 1st round selection plus Lombard. I think everyone wins?

If its Eagles then they're going to have to split their 1st pick. Firstly to satisfy a trade and secondly cos they need to hit the draft hard.

GC could be a good trading option as they could get a pick before Lombard gets bid on. Say pick 4 and a future pick for 8 and 9. Then give us a pick 8 or 9 for Baker and a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Eagles still get a top 10 draft pick, Baker and an extra 2nd/3rd round pick. We get a top 10 pick and Suns still get a early 1st round selection plus Lombard. I think everyone wins?

That’s not going to happen.

We could try and use our 2nd and F2nd to get a late first, but I don’t see us handing over a top 10 pick for Baker.

We could try and use our 2nd and F2nd to get a late first, but I don’t see us handing over a top 10 pick for Baker.
Even if you obtain a later top 10 and and extra decent pick and Baker?

Given there's no top 10 rated WA prospects you'd be mad to pass that up.

Even if you obtain a later top 10 and and extra decent pick and Baker?

Given there's no top 10 rated WA prospects you'd be mad to pass that up.

Since when does West Coast draft based on players state?

If things plan out as Ralphy says, it might not be an easy negotiation.

Could see us saying our first is off the table ala Adelaide in 2021 whe negotiating Dawson trade with Sydney.

It’s probably gunna end up in a situation that if Richmond don’t get what they want in picks they will keep him and pay him .

He seems to prefer west coast , but they have less to offer so it will be interesting to see what happens

People haven’t yet realized that tpp space is just as valuable as draft picks .

Running the balance of that tightrope determines club success.

Since when does West Coast draft based on players state?

If things plan out as Ralphy says, it might not be an easy negotiation.

Could see us saying our first is off the table ala Adelaide in 2021 whe negotiating Dawson trade with Sydney.
Well if there was a top 5 rated WA prospect I'd imagine you'd be pretty keen to land them....

Yeah Matt Clarke won't shaft us. If Baker goes to Eagles, your 1st is extremely likely to be involved one way or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if there was a top 5 rated WA prospect I'd imagine you'd be pretty keen to land them....

Yeah Matt Clarke won't shaft us. If Baker goes to Eagles, your 1st is extremely likely to be involved one way or another.

Depends on your definition of “shafting”.

Apparently we asked Baker to go through PSD if you believe Ralphy.

That would have been Matt Clarke.

By time the trade period rolls around there will be no one at Richmond which Clarke (or Baker) to have loyalty to.

Dimma is gone, so is Peggy and Gale and Hartley won’t be there either.

Depends on your definition of “shafting”.

Apparently we asked Baker to go through PSD if you believe Ralphy.

That would have been Matt Clarke.

By time the trade period rolls around there will be no one at Richmond which Clarke (or Baker) to have loyalty to.

Dimma is gone, so is Peggy and Gale and Hartley won’t be there either.
haha that might hold some weight if North, Hawks and us didn't have picks ahead of you.

Considering that's not the way Clarke or our club has ever conducted themselves, I'd be extremely surprised if he suddenly goes full Dodoro.

Dimma, Peggy and Gale have nothing to do with it and Hartley will be here for a couple more years yet.

haha that might hold some weight if North, Hawks and us didn't have picks ahead of you.

Considering that's not the way Clarke or our club has ever conducted themselves, I'd be extremely surprised if he suddenly goes full Dodoro.

Dimma, Peggy and Gale have nothing to do with it and Hartley will be here for a couple more years yet.

Here’s the chat with Ralphy where he says “my understanding is that [going through PsD] is what west coast have said”.

Other than Clarke, I can’t think of who that person would be. He’s our list manager.

Noting also, 3 people on panel had 3 different views on what Bakers value is. Ranging from splitting our first, a late first or even a 2nd round pick.

Here’s the chat with Ralphy where he says “my understanding is that [going through PsD] is what west coast have said”.

Other than Clarke, I can’t think of who that person would be. He’s our list manager.

Noting also, 3 people on panel had 3 different views on what Bakers value is. Ranging from splitting our first, a late first or even a 2nd round pick.

Like I said, I'd be backing Tom Morris' info before Ralphy.

Anyway, we shall see. It's not worth spending anymore time on at this stage.

It’s probably gunna end up in a situation that if Richmond don’t get what they want in picks they will keep him and pay him .

He seems to prefer west coast , but they have less to offer so it will be interesting to see what happens

People haven’t yet realized that tpp space is just as valuable as draft picks .

Running the balance of that tightrope determines club success.
It doesn't work that way.

If he wants to leave and is uncontracted, he's leaving.
You'd better get used to it.

Like I said, I'd be backing Tom Morris' info before Ralphy.

Anyway, we shall see. It's not worth spending anymore time on at this stage.
This starts to be where everyone could be right. Baker prefers West Coast, they say yeah but it will probably have to be PSD because like a lot have been saying, you don’t spend good picks on 27 year olds when rebuilding a list so then he’s going to have to go to Freo, stay at Richmond or shaft Richmond and Morris then understands it to be Freo

I could see 2 seconds (1future) and perhaps an extra pick (like a 4th rounder) getting you Carlton's 1st rounder as they need points for the Camporeale twins provided you're talking about a pick in the 13-16 range that could be then traded for Baker and I think that would be a fair trade. Its still beyond absurd to expect a top 10 pick for Baker.

I could see 2 seconds (1future) and perhaps an extra pick (like a 4th rounder) getting you Carlton's 1st rounder as they need points for the Camporeale twins provided you're talking about a pick in the 13-16 range that could be then traded for Baker and I think that would be a fair trade. Its still beyond absurd to expect a top 10 pick for Baker.

I find it really amusing that pick 13 is fair but pick 10 is absurd .

Do you know what these two words mean lol

I find it really amusing that pick 13 is fair but pick 10 is absurd .

Do you know what these two words mean lol
Yep. Pick 10 gets you a pick that gets you a player likely ranked 11 or 12 currently. Pick 13 (in my opinion the absolute best case scenario for Richmond) likely gets you a player in 17-18 range judging by the current mock drafts. What you keep suggesting is utterly absurd but keep going.

Eagles could easily split their first with the Suns and go to the draft with a top 10 pick and Baker.

Suns would be motivated to do the trade to get ahead of the Lombard bid, and they'll still have pick 20 and a couple later picks to points match

Baker is a self proclaimed eagles nuffy, he's admitted as much on shows like "that's good for footy" and the playing group tease him about whenever we play west coast

Or Richmond could trade Baker and Brisbanes first for the Eagles first pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back