Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Wouldn't be getting a game in most teams but is coming from a long way back due to injuries. It would sting if he comes good at another team after pumping games into him. He is a very good athlete, game sense and positioning is the problem at the moment.
Thanks for the honest assessment mate. I cant see us wanting another kid who is under performing in a position we already have kids for.

Thanks for the honest assessment mate. I cant see us wanting another kid who is under performing in a position we already have kids for.
I have more faith than others that he will come good (looking at SGIO guy), but it is going to take awhile. He hardly played during COVID, his first year at AFL level was ruined with an ankle injury and then last year was just a club wide mess.

I have more faith than others that he will come good (looking at SGIO guy), but it is going to take awhile. He hardly played during COVID, his first year at AFL level was ruined with an ankle injury and then last year was just a club wide mess.
A case of worth more to you, than someone else it seems. We have plenty of them.

More then just me, but a few of are calling this blind faith

Hoping something exists because the words pick 14 exist on his Wikipedia page

Well, well, well, what do you know?

A few posters had a crack at me when I suggested this a few days ago....

Jon Ralph is a tigers supporter…

Jay Clark said a second rounder.

Why the F**k would a rebuilding team waste a first round pick on a 27 year (next year) Baker? He’s not good enough for that. Doesn’t make any sense.

Jon Ralph is a tigers supporter…

Jay Clark said a second rounder.

Why the F**k would a rebuilding team waste a first round pick on a 27 year (next year) Baker? He’s not good enough for that. Doesn’t make any sense.
It makes even less sense considering the new tasmanian team starts up in a few years. Its never been more important to keep early picks to maximise the chances of recruiting players that will be on your list far beyond the compromised drafts.

You don’t like people calling out your delusional posts, do you?

Straight to personal attacks and sooking. Grow up.
haha all I said was the article is exactly what I said a few days prior. Not sure why you're so fascinated with me, even when I only quote a journo you call it a delusional post.

So you're saying those half a dozen journos (not me, the journos) I named as examples are also delusional?
It was the tough tiger that said he never sooks. He sooks more than any poster Ive encountered on bigfooty.
Garbage Sherriff.

haha all I said was the article is exactly what I said a few days prior. Not sure why you're so fascinated with me, even when I only quote a journo you call it a delusional post.

So you're saying those half a dozen journos (not me, the journos) I named as examples are also delusional?

Garbage Sherriff.

You didn’t just quote a journo in the post I quoted, you made a comment..

Who are the half a dozen journos who said the eagles should split their first rounder for Baker?

They all said he's worth a 1st rounder. I'm sure you can put 2 and 2 together there. Unless Eagles hold some secret 1st rounders I'm not aware of...

I said you’re delusional for saying the Eagles should split their first round pick for Baker.
There isn’t half a dozen journos who said they should do that - it’s only Jon Ralph.
You just made that up that there’s 6 journos and twisted my words….

If you can’t work out the difference between splitting an early first rounder and a late first rounder, there’s something wrong with you.

Stop making stuff up and derailing this thread, mate.

I said you’re delusional for saying the Eagles should split their first round pick for Baker.
There isn’t half a dozen journos who said they should do that - it’s only Jon Ralph.
You just made that up that there’s 6 journos and twisted my words….

If you can’t work out the difference between splitting an early first rounder and a late first rounder, there’s something wrong with you.
Once again, unless Eagles have some secret 1st round picks hidden away, they will have to split the one they do have, even ifnit ends up being a later 1st rounder. They don't have one.....yet.

Once again, unless Eagles have some secret 1st round picks hidden away, they will have to split the one they do have, even ifnit ends up being a later 1st rounder. They don't have one.....yet.

You said there were half a dozen journos who agreed with you that the eagles should split their first rounder. There was only one - Jon Ralph. Stop making stuff up and twisting my words.

Enough is enough. Stop derailing the thread. Move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These uncontracted player moves are so predictable.

1. Player nominates his team.
2. The destination club offers between 60-80% of his real worth.
3. The other club stomp their feet and talk about not accepting, etc.
4. The deal gets done on the last day for a token improvement on the original offer.

Baker's worth pick 12-15 I'd say

Freo will offer their latest 1st rounder and it'll likely get done (say pick 16 that becomes 20-22 on draft night).

West Coast is more tricky but it'll be their 2nd plus a future 3rd or something like that maybe with a F4 thrown in as the token extra. They'll only split their pick if they want to do that anyway and will still only give up something they consider equivalent to their 2nd + F3.

Garbage Sherriff.
The majority of the footy journos have no idea.

There were several who said WC should accept Norths offer of pick 4, 15 and 17 for Harley Reid.

Then there was Kane Cornes who said HR would be better off at North.

Most I heard said Baker was a late first, early second pick.

Last edited:
The majority of the footy journos have no idea.

There were several who said WC should accept Norths offer of pick 4 and 15 and 17 for Harley Reid.

Then there was Kane Cornes who said HR would be better off at North.

Most I heard said Baker was a late first, early second pick.
I wouldn't listen to a word Kane Cornes says.

West Coast is more tricky but it'll be their 2nd plus a future 3rd or something like that maybe with a F4 thrown in as the token extra. They'll only split their pick if they want to do that anyway and will still only give up something they consider equivalent to their 2nd + F3.

The only way west coast split is if they have a particular player at the draft they want and they think they can still get him with a later pick.

Example- if west coast have pick 3, want Moraes who will be there at 7 they would trade down for a pick that gets them Moraes and a pick that gets them baker.

2 players they want for essentially one pick. For a club that needs both quantity and quality that is a good outcome.

It’s what they did in 2013 trading back to get Sheed.

However- and it’s a big however, there doesn’t appear to be “that player” in this draft. Even more true as lack of top end WA talent means there is a disincentive to split.

Things will get tricky with Tiges. Might come down to the last day.

Seriously hope Freo back out of this.

Absolutely need forwards with their picks this year (and next) and I'm not sure that's Baker's best position.

I'd also question giving up anything in the 1st round for a 27 year old who isn't a KPP.

A question- what would you like Freo to do with their first rounders, assuming neither Warner & McDonald are available?

Bringing in 3 more 18 year olds doesn’t seem to be in Freo’s best interests in terms of wanting to immediately strengthen your B22.

A question- what would you like Freo to do with their first rounders, assuming neither Warner & McDonald are available?

Bringing in 3 more 18 year olds doesn’t seem to be in Freo’s best interests in terms of wanting to immediately strengthen your B22.
If none of the targets are feasible, either/and push up as high as possible this year, move them to next year for anther crack.

The likes of Martin & Cameron could be available as stop gaps this year, and would be available for cents on the dollar to cover forward holes.

If none of the targets are feasible, either/and push up as high as possible this year, move them to next year for anther crack.

The likes of Martin & Cameron could be available as stop gaps this year, and would be available for cents on the dollar to cover forward holes.

You just said you want/need forward targets.

Pushing up draft order will get you a very good midfielder- or maybe a KPd in Trainor.

Martin isn’t solving your problems. Cameron would be a good get, but I don’t think he’d be as cheap as you think.

Cameron would cost more than baker even with his age

Cameron would cost more than baker even with his age
Then he can stay in Brisbane.

He's worth what Walters was worth 2 years ago.

Point is, if you don't end up with what you want this year, get as high quality in as you can, and spread it into the next year to keep trying, while filling in the gaps in the meantime.

Seriously hope Freo back out of this.

Absolutely need forwards with their picks this year (and next) and I'm not sure that's Baker's best position.

I'd also question giving up anything in the 1st round for a 27 year old who isn't a KPP.
They desperately need small forwards, but they also desperately need someone who can deliver nicely into F50 and someone who isn't afraid to take a ping off one step instead of handballing and making it the next persons problem. Baker could well be that person. If there is any chance of landing warner next year, then they probably need to roll at least a pick into next year too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back