Lions Finals Ticketing Information - No more Collingwood supporters seeking tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to sticky the seating map to the top of each page? ZoBlitz Jivlain dlanod ?? with everyone posting their seats I keep going back over the thread to find this to see where they are sitting.:(

2023-mcg-seating-map-1024x721-jpg.1812599

Virtual tour

Regarding ticket sales/swaps: The AFL Grand Final is protected under Australian law by anti-scalping regulations, which forbid tickets to be sold at more than 10% of their face value. Offering tickets at more than this will be deleted; continuing to try to scalp tickets will result in bans.

BigFooty does not guarantee ticket sales or swaps. It is entirely at your own risk, please make sure you trust the poster in question. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:
Sounds like you can’t choose a category of seating.
You just get a seat where you get a seat.
Yes
However, you have to have enough money/credit in your account to cover possible costs.
Example applying with family and or friends.
Say it is 3 adults and 1 Concession/junior.
You need to ensure you have $1725 plus in the account you nominate.
3 x $448 = $1344
1 x $381 = $381

Should we make the GF most likely we all get offered cheaper category seating.
However, they only go to your given card once. If insufficient funds you are deleted from the process.

At a quick glance the process looks the same as last year.
We all went through it but in the end got knocked out by the Cats anyhow.

Flights booked.

Accommodation with a family member in Fitzroy.

Will do a practice run for the ticket ballot on the weekend. As well as clear the credit card.

Just need to find some cold/wet weather gear and we are good to go.

So much more pressure on this weekends game - don't know how gamblers cope with risking money. Booking the flights feels like a gamble and it wasn't a comfortable feeling.

Alternate plan is sovereign Hill. Went once and it was pretty cool. Not grand final cool though ...

If we win this week and make the prelim, will that most likely be on the Saturday?
Yes more than likely, the team that finishes higher up the ladder ie. Collingwood, is usually given the longer break leading into the Grand Final so it would be them Friday night at the MCG and the other Prelim Saturday night... hopefully at the Gabba.

Yes more than likely, the team that finishes higher up the ladder ie. Collingwood, is usually given the longer break leading into the Grand Final so it would be them Friday night at the MCG and the other Prelim Saturday night... hopefully at the Gabba.
I actually disagree. Well, normally M Malice would be correct, but this year, taking into account all scheduling, I would expect Collingwood's preliminary final to be on the Saturday and the other one to be on the Friday.

Otherwise Collingwood's opponent will only have a 6 day break leading into their preliminary final which I believe is both unfair and unpalatable.

I actually disagree. Well, normally M Malice would be correct, but this year, taking into account all scheduling, I would expect Collingwood's preliminary final to be on the Saturday and the other one to be on the Friday.

Otherwise Collingwood's opponent will only have a 6 day break leading into their preliminary final which I believe is both unfair and unpalatable.
Unless that semi final is also on a Friday

Unless that semi final is also on a Friday
Correct. But that would also mean both teams next Friday will be coming off a six day break, having both played today. Don't really think this would be fair, regardless of whether it's us or Port. But of course we know that fairness and equity are well down the rungs on the AFL's ladder of priorities.

Section 5 Thank you will try those options cheers
having trouble with the changing of password. Only have one Ticketmaster email account for both - can get a prompt to change the password - which goes to my email but then when I do it says email not valid and to contact Brisbane lions office? Very frustrating any help appreciated.

Correct. But that would also mean both teams next Friday will be coming off a six day break, having both played today. Don't really think this would be fair, regardless of whether it's us or Port. But of course we know that fairness and equity are well down the rungs on the AFL's ladder of priorities.

We should be Friday night. They've swapped the fixtures around from last year. 6v7 and 2v3 were thursday/friday in 2022. This year they were Saturday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flights booked, what is the likelihood of a catergory 2 member getting gf tickets if we make it?

Just on this, people should really consider booking flights soon as the price hikes will be brutal if we win the prelim.

I think that is the least important thing for the afl. MCG Friday night prelim = $.

2400 for 5 return tickets on virgin was the best deal i could find- worth the punt

Great get.

I’m really regretting not just pulling the trigger months ago but I was worried once I bought the tickets the club would implode.

Are they refundable if we don't make it or you just get a credit?
My daughter got ours last week.
She checked the prices again before the game last night.
They were the same at that stage. She noticed the earlier flight was sold out.
It was an 8.55pm Virgin flight Friday evening. She works till 6pm Friday.
She got one with a $99 cancel fee rather than a credit.
So, you get a refund less the $99.
But i believe there are options just different price structures.

Our accommodation can be cancelled in time without any costs.
Maybe this year we may get to go if not i can handle losing $99.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back