Lions Finals Ticketing Information - No more Collingwood supporters seeking tickets!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it possible to sticky the seating map to the top of each page? ZoBlitz Jivlain dlanod ?? with everyone posting their seats I keep going back over the thread to find this to see where they are sitting.:(

2023-mcg-seating-map-1024x721-jpg.1812599

Virtual tour

Regarding ticket sales/swaps: The AFL Grand Final is protected under Australian law by anti-scalping regulations, which forbid tickets to be sold at more than 10% of their face value. Offering tickets at more than this will be deleted; continuing to try to scalp tickets will result in bans.

BigFooty does not guarantee ticket sales or swaps. It is entirely at your own risk, please make sure you trust the poster in question. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Last edited:
I’m tempted to make the flight from Perth.. but I’ll wait to see what TheZork’s situation is!
At this point I have 2 more (Priority 3) tickets - Category 7 and standing room. So far I've offered them to family/friends/Melbourne work colleagues but I would much rather sell them to rabid Brisbane Lions fans who I know will at least go some way to offsetting some of the carry on from the toothless brigade.

So it turns out I'm a goose, I did register for the ballot but must've been a technical error and it didnt go through as no money came out of my account. I should've checked at the time. Will contact the club anyway tomorrow but probably fat chance.

However, this community has been great, had a few dm's saying they'll look out and get me one if possible and even an offer which I'm trying to facilitate now. More optimistic than I was this morning! Grasshopper17 Ive dm'ed you.

Can guarantee for any sellers I will be making big big sounds.

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 9.08.26 pm.png

scared homer simpson GIF

Last edited:
That's devastating. You are a very kind person. I'd be frothing.

I assume you have talked to someone but on the pies board a member got a message that said the credit transaction failed, check your balance and the transaction would be attempted again tomorrow at midday. And the lions posted a message saying keep your phone close because ttek will call if the transaction fails.

Can you put a different card on the account in the hope they try again?
Thank you to both you and Elixuh for your suggestions, will give them a go. Surely there can't be a seperate set of rules for both teams respectively.

If nothing comes through you need to call the club tomorrow. Going through the club is the most effective way to sort the issue, not Ticketek.
Ticketek are bloody disgraceful. Even back in the good old pre-covid days the only way to get a respectable outcome out of them was to visit their physical office and literally get stuck into someone. World Square in Sydney was my go-to. But then covid hit and that got closed down. Now they don't even have a working phone line. Zero accountability.

Worst part is that apart from boycotting the whole sport I don't know what the solution is.

😡

Ticketek are bloody disgraceful. Even back in the good old pre-covid days the only way to get a respectable outcome out of them was to visit their physical office and literally get stuck into someone. World Square in Sydney was my go-to. But then covid hit and that got closed down. Now they don't even have a working phone line. Zero accountability.

Worst part is that apart from boycotting the whole sport I don't know what the solution is.

😡
Solution is competition in the industry. Can't see that happening anytime soon though!

View attachment 1812776View attachment 1812777View attachment 1812778
These are some images that I took during a tour last year, 2 days after the Grand Final.
It’s the first time I have ever been to the G.
These pics are from the very top of of the stands.
It was a long walk up the stairs to get there but worth it just to see the view from up there. Loonngg way to the other end of the ground.
How good. I get a bit jack of people who tell us how well travelled they are and how rubbish our stadiums are compared to those overseas. In 2014 I went to Brazil for the World Cup and was part of a sell out crowd for the cut-throat Ecuador v France final group match at the 80,000+ Maracana in Rio. I walked in, looked around and thought "yeah, it's decent... but it's no MCG".

Win or lose, make the most of Saturday guys, particularly those going for the first time 🙂

Once the Zork gets his ticket, if anyone happens to see one for my Dad who missed out, drop me a DM. Poor guy booked flights and is committed to fly down regardless and watch from a pub if he can't get one!

At this point I have 2 more (Priority 3) tickets - Category 7 and standing room. So far I've offered them to family/friends/Melbourne work colleagues but I would much rather sell them to rabid Brisbane Lions fans who I know will at least go some way to offsetting some of the carry on from the toothless brigade.
Would do anything if one of them was still available 🙏🙏🙏

Bad news for our family. We are P1 members. Registered in the ballot okay for the six of us on my brother in-law's credit card, so we can sit together. Unfortunately when it came time to pay, payment failed as unbeknown to my brother in-law, his credit card had a transaction limit less than the sum total. So we missed out on tickets. Apparently there's no recourse with Ticketek. My brother in-law is really torn up, gutted to have let us all down so badly. I/we don't blame him at all, but we are very disappointed, especially for the kids, who've never be to a granny but have heard all the stories of our previous successes. We'll try the club tomorrow, but don't hold much hope.
Good luck mate. Awful situation.

Just read this quote from this article and my statement is WTF, what has Collingwood got to do with giving instructions it:

Ticketek told News.com.au in a statement that they were aware of the frustration, but the process "ran as per the instruction from the AFL, Collingwood Football Club and the MCG."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read this quote from this article and my statement is WTF, what has Collingwood got to do with it:

I imagine it relates to what was discussed early in this thread as to how the priorities get allocated. Judging by what I've read here today, it seems that for us, all our Priority 1 tickets were allocated first, to the best Categories. Then after they were all done, the Priority 2's were allocated, to the lesser Categories, then the P3's.

Looks like how our club has organised it has matched up with how we think it should work, more or less. From what we've read, the same can't be said for Collingwood.

I imagine it relates to what was discussed early in this thread as to how the priorities get allocated. Judging by what I've read here today, it seems that for us, all our Priority 1 tickets were allocated first, to the best Categories. Then after they were all done, the Priority 2's were allocated, to the lesser Categories, then the P3's.

Looks like how our club has organised it has matched up with how we think it should work, more or less. From what we've read, the same can't be said for Collingwood.
Didn’t work for us. Foundation Members and September Members since it’s inception and Priority 1 allocation yet relegated to Category 4 tickets. I’m not ungrateful because people obviously missed out and I do feel for them but to say I’m not pissed is a massive understatement and I know we’ll never get answers but how have Priorty 2 and 3 people wound up with Category 1 tickets?

Didn’t work for us. Foundation Members and September Members since it’s inception and Priority 1 allocation yet relegated to Category 4 tickets. I’m not ungrateful because people obviously missed out and I do feel for them but to say I’m not pissed is a massive understatement and I know we’ll never get answers but how have Priorty 2 and 3 people wound up with Category 1 tickets?

A good analogy I’ve seen (on the Pies board) is:

There’s a flight with 500 seats (some first class, some business, some economy), and 20000 are desperate to get on it.

Those with Priority 1 are randomly allocated ANY seat first.

Once they’re all allocated, then Priority 2 are allocated ANY seat.

Repeat for Priority 3.

I think it’s reasonably fair - the peace of mind of being guaranteed a seat is worth much more than the difference between Cat 1/4/7 etc, IMO.

Aka, if you were desperate to get on the flight (perhaps to attend the GF!), you probably wouldn’t care about sitting in economy instead of first class for a couple of hours, if you were given the peace of mind of having a guaranteed seat.

A good analogy I’ve seen (on the Pies board) is:

There’s a flight with 500 seats (some first class, some business, some economy), and 20000 are desperate to get on it.

Those with Priority 1 are randomly allocated ANY seat first.

Once they’re all allocated, then Priority 2 are allocated ANY seat.

Repeat for Priority 3.

I think it’s reasonably fair - the peace of mind of being guaranteed a seat is worth much more than the difference between Cat 1/4/7 etc, IMO.

Aka, if you were desperate to get on the flight (perhaps to attend the GF!), you probably wouldn’t care about sitting in economy instead of first class for a couple of hours, if you were given the peace of mind of having a guaranteed seat.
Still doesn’t explain why all P1’s weren’t just allocated category ones and how people outside P1 got into category 1 to the detriment of P1’s.

I mean how is it that P2 and P3 have jumped P1’s and got into first class then if there were enough category 1 for the P1.

I don’t think it’s a good analogy at all.

Still doesn’t explain why all P1’s weren’t just allocated category ones and how people outside P1 got into category 1 to the detriment of P1’s.

I mean how is it that P2 and P3 have jumped P1’s and got into first class then if there were enough category 1 for the P1.

I don’t think it’s a good analogy at all.

It is - it’s saying that Priority 1 means you are guaranteed “a” seat… not “the best” seats.

Being guaranteed a seat is better than not being guaranteed a seat. That’s what you pay for.

The quality of the seat is then randomised.

There’ll be differing opinions on how right or wrong that is, but P1 is definitively better than P2.

Guaranteed access to randomised seat > possible access to randomised seat

It is - it’s saying that Priority 1 means you are guaranteed “a” seat… not “the best” seats.

Being guaranteed a seat is better than not being guaranteed a seat. That’s what you pay for.

The quality of the seat is then randomised.

There’ll be differing opinions on how right or wrong that is, but P1 is definitively better than P2.

Guaranteed access to randomised seat > possible access to randomised seat
I don’t agree. All P1’s should’ve received category 1; once that category is exhausted, it spills into category 2. There shouldn’t be a situation where a P1 member ends up with worse seats than a P2 or P3 member. I can understand if they are equal as but not worse off. Just a ridiculous situation that punishes longevity and loyalty all because of randomness.

All well and good saying a P1 is guaranteed a seat, but how is it that P2 and P3 are still getting better seats when by rights P1 should exhaust category 1, spill into category 2 and so on?

I don't know of any Priority 2/3 Lions members who have wound up with Category 1 tickets. Do you? I haven't seen any of them post here to that effect.

Am after 2x GF tickets for me and my dad, prepared to pay $$$$$

Not sure how this site works entirely message wise, please contact me on facebook or reply to this comment with contact method

Remove this Banner Ad

Back