Free Agency Mabior Chol [joins Gold Coast as an unrestricted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to him. Chol has always been one of those tantalizing 2-3 moments a game type player where you go "wow". A guy that size shouldn't move like that and do athletic things like he does.

But then he goes missing for large parts of games. If he can put it together and be more consistent the Gold Coast have a very good signing. I have my doubts on that given he's already 6 years in the system, but it's not impossible.

At worst he's a good depth signing at a good age.

Better pick than we got for Brandon Ellis... :confusedv1:

Better pick than we got for Brandon Ellis... :confusedv1:

And only 2 years older. What was his deal, like $3mil for 5 years?

Obviously age is a big factor.

Win for RFC. Definitely don't want to jeopardise that by taking Tarrant as a FA. So we trade for Tarrant then, honestly I'd probably take a straight swap for CCJ although I'd love them to throw in pick 38 or 39, whatever they have...

Win for RFC. Definitely don't want to jeopardise that by taking Tarrant as a FA. So we trade for Tarrant then, honestly I'd probably take a straight swap for CCJ although I'd love them to throw in pick 38 or 39, whatever they have...

Ellis was 18 months older when traded. With two extra premierships, ~150 more games, runner-up b&f, AA squad, 3 x 22under22, Rising Star nom etc.

Mabs has a 26th place in the b&f to show for six years on the list. Best of luck to him.

pick 39 (probably end up being pick 41) and Tarrant for CCJ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to him. Chol has always been one of those tantalizing 2-3 moments a game type player where you go "wow". A guy that size shouldn't move like that and do athletic things like he does.

But then he goes missing for large parts of games. If he can put it together and be more consistent the Gold Coast have a very good signing. I have my doubts on that given he's already 6 years in the system, but it's not impossible.

At worst he's a good depth signing at a good age.

But surely there isnt a worse club to go to for a player like that. He usually comes into the team, provides a spark for a few weeks and plays well then becomes terrible. Hes done it 3 seasons in a row. GC is the last team he would become a consistent player at.

But surely there isnt a worse club to go to for a player like that. He usually comes into the team, provides a spark for a few weeks and plays well then becomes terrible. Hes done it 3 seasons in a row. GC is the last team he would become a consistent player at.

three years of guaranteed money and he gets to go back to his home state. And we got an end of second round pick. Genuine win-win

Seems like a decent outcome for the Tiges, the Suns and for Chol.

His best is very good. Will be a good pick up for the Suns if he can get some consistency.
Has been quite consistent so far.
Remains one of only 5 players to kick a goal every round so far.
Chol along with Hawkins, C.Cameron, Fritsch, M.King

Good company.

Chol has been a real treat to watch for the Suns this season. He has family up there, so Richmond probably couldn't have kept him, but he is a significantly bigger loss for them than CCJ (at this stage)

But then again, Chol probably never displayed.this kind of consistency at the Tigers, like Casboult at Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back