Universal Love Macaffer the best tagger in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Dal Santo 16 touches.
Joel Selwood 20 touches.
Josh Kennedy 13 touches to 3qtr time.

Wow, did we ever expect this?
A shining light for such a dark looking season.

He's not, but he's taken to it like a Selwood to water.

The thing is unlike say a Crowley or Jones type of tagger which mostly mind opponents, he has the potential to make it as a big bodied inside mid. I reckon he'll still be the go to tagger, but I hope that next year, he'll be given license to play a genuine midfielder's role and rack up ~20 possies a game as a Luke Ball type.

I loved the Caff's game tonight, to keep a Brownlow medal fancy to 18 possessions is something special, especially when your side is getting a belting.

It's his role for the rest of his career now, let him play it and perfect it, he could be great at it (Ling like) in that he can actually get possessions himself once he learns the nuances off the role.

Anyone think he should have gone to McVeigh after 1/2 time?
McVeigh seemed to be everywhere.

Nick Dal Santo 16 touches.
Joel Selwood 20 touches.
Josh Kennedy 13 touches to 3qtr time.

Wow, did we ever expect this?
A shining light for such a dark looking season.
Don't forget job he did on a red hot Mundy after 1/4 time also.

Kennedy's 18 touches were largely ineffective too, got a few on the counter and even they were nothing special. Caff got 15 of his own. Good job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The impressive thing about his game tonight is that his opponent plays a totally different game to the player types we've previously asked him to shut down. It really increases his scope as a tagger and he's getting a fair bit of it himself and his disposal is usually pretty good (few errors tonight but he was not alone and in greasy conditions)

I thought he had a shocker tonight :(

Eh? You're trying to nominate yourself for a Winty award? :p

Caff was brilliant tonight. Hanley has been arguably Brisbane's best player this season and not only did he stop Hanley from having any semblance of influence on the contest, he influenced it himself with the 8 tackles around the stoppages and with his ability to find the ball out in the open. Definitely in the top 5 on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back