Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might be no Frank Grimes and yes that would have and did help, but his university education and rhodes scholarship he worked and earnt was the main premise of my post.

At least unlike Donald he didn't misuse the inheritance
2 mill 30 years ago wouldnt be far off what he has today

How do you know that?
Didn't he chip in 1.7 mill of his own money for his campaign at the last election.
I am positive he has more than 2 million now.
What 2 mill could buy 30 years ago V what it buys today.
Then add what the missus tipped in and he hasnt done much to add to the kitty himself(in relative terms) after the dad left him his silver spoon

What 2 mill could buy 30 years ago V what it buys today.
Then add what the missus tipped in and he hasnt done much to add to the kitty himself(in relative terms) after the dad left him his silver spoon
2 million in 1988 is probably the equivalent of 6 million in today's money. His house would be worth that alone and more.
With his Cayman island investments safe to say the PM is doing nicely.

2 million in 1988 is probably the equivalent of 6 million in today's money. His house would be worth that alone and more.
With his Cayman island investments safe to say the PM is doing nicely.
I bought a house in South Yarra for $130g in 88
Its probably worth 2 mill now
Sydney realestate did better than that

Frydenberg just asked on the Project ( i know... ) what the first word in his head was after reading Trumps tweet.

Skirted around it and ran some " stepford wives-regurgitated " s**t.

Another s**t-truck in cabinet
They are WOEFUL

******* had ALL the answers on Project tonight when it came to blaming Renewa......oh whoops Waleed hit that for 6 , LABOR....was Labors fault !!!

Spud

He might be no Frank Grimes and yes that would have and did help, but his university education and rhodes scholarship he worked and earnt was the main premise of my post.

At least unlike Donald he didn't misuse the inheritance

Rhodes scholarship isnt really any kind of indication of talent or hard work.

Abbott got one just for being right wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libs are a good chance to be returned. I have never seen anything like it.

People have given up on them and are looking for alternatives. Consequently fringe elements like Hanson and the minors are acting as opposition and Labor are the pseudo government. Listen to people like Morrison, Hunt and Turnbull. Any * up they announce they are pillorying Labor hoping to use them as a smoke screen for their failings. Starting to catch on with people saying, Why don't Labor do something? Shorten needs to sit down with Turnbull. So if things don't get fixed its Labors fault for not using their somehow Positive Reputation to do something.

Turnbull will be replaced and the Libs will look for a Bishop or some new high flyer cash in on a novelty effect somewhere and Labor will be stuck with an ineffectual Shorten thanks to Rudd's rules.

While people are sick of the Status Quo and things could turn ugly real quick if things turn rancid I don't see one of the major parties or any other figure doing a Trump. We would actually be more like Britain (Brexit) with the Sates splintering, a movement occurring locally. Or groups who challenge the legitimacy of the system (France like). I'm just guessing. But I get the feeling Turnbull's attack on Shorten etc is about the former strategy. Labor if they had any brains should call their bluff and put the wheels in motion to replace Shorten with someone half competent.

Libs are a good chance to be returned. I have never seen anything like it.

People have given up on them and are looking for alternatives. Consequently fringe elements like Hanson and the minors are acting as opposition and Labor are the pseudo government. Listen to people like Morrison, Hunt and Turnbull. Any **** up they announce they are pillorying Labor hoping to use them as a smoke screen for their failings. Starting to catch on with people saying, Why don't Labor do something? Shorten needs to sit down with Turnbull. So if things don't get fixed its Labors fault for not using their somehow Positive Reputation to do something.

Turnbull will be replaced and the Libs will look for a Bishop or some new high flyer cash in on a novelty effect somewhere and Labor will be stuck with an ineffectual Shorten thanks to Rudd's rules.

While people are sick of the Status Quo and things could turn ugly real quick if things turn rancid I don't see one of the major parties or any other figure doing a Trump. We would actually be more like Britain (Brexit) with the Sates splintering, a movement occurring locally. Or groups who challenge the legitimacy of the system (France like). I'm just guessing. But I get the feeling Turnbull's attack on Shorten etc is about the former strategy. Labor if they had any brains should call their bluff and put the wheels in motion to replace Shorten with someone half competent.

Labor should replace Shorten because the LNP and especially PM Turnbull are hopeless?
LNP's best chance of re-election is to keep Shorten in his job not try to get him replaced.

If Labor are smart they would replace Shorten with Plibersek 12 months out from the next election.

Labor should replace Shorten because the LNP and especially PM Turnbull are hopeless?
LNP's best chance of re-election is to keep Shorten in his job not try to get him replaced.

If Labor are smart they would replace Shorten with Plibersek 12 months out from the next election.

No Labor need to replace Shorten because he himself has no point of difference and has offered nothing new since the election, which they lost. There is no major point of difference with the parties. All the policies screwing many Australians have bi partisan support. Which works if the Government is s**t but they won't stick with the Status Quo for long.

Plibersek or Bowen would be my front runners. Both have spoken out against Negative Gearing, Housing Affordability, unemployment and stuff like Gay Marriage which while a minor point still needs doing. They would actually be a point of difference. Surround themselves with competent people and maybe unearth a few decent local candidates and a future Keating/Whitlam may emerge from their side and shake things up.

Please make this happen! The only ones left of Plibersek in Australia are The Greens. The Coalition would have a field day with her as leader of the opposition. Not to mention the politicking that would go on with another change of leader.

No Labor need to replace Shorten because he himself has no point of difference and has offered nothing new since the election, which they lost. There is no major point of difference with the parties. All the policies screwing many Australians have bi partisan support. Which works if the Government is s**t but they won't stick with the Status Quo for long.

Plibersek or Bowen would be my front runners. Both have spoken out against Negative Gearing, Housing Affordability, unemployment and stuff like Gay Marriage which while a minor point still needs doing. They would actually be a point of difference. Surround themselves with competent people and maybe unearth a few decent local candidates and a future Keating/Whitlam may emerge from their side and shake things up.
Shorten doesn't need to offer anything new two-and-a-half years out from the election, especially when the Liberals are tearing themselves apart. Also, Plibersek and Bowen are just continuing to talk about ALP policies that Shorten and the ALP took to the election; they are his policies as well and he shouldn't be the only person talking about anything of note. I'm hardly his biggest fan and Bowen or Albanese would probably be preferable, but he's done nothing wrong and they will coast it in at the next election, in all likelihood.

Shirten will be fine to win the next election.

Nearly rolled the carteliers in one term. They arent getting any more popular.

While I have personal issues with Shorten and do not see him as an especially strong or visionary leader, he has kept the ALP together more effectively than the overly patronising Rudd or the politically opportunistic Gillard. Given that party infighting turns swing voters off and that the LNP is currently rife with division, this benefits the ALP more than it otherwise would.

Against a savvy political operator like John Howard, I don't think Shorten would match up. However, neither Abbott nor Turnbull fall into that category. Abbott is much too polarising while Turnbull comes off as overly indecisive, dithering and with his latest tirade, hypocritical.

I have also never seen a government with as little political acumen as Turnbull's LNP government. Implementing an obviously flawed robo-debt recovery system was not particularly intelligent, but cutting pensions is an outright stupid thing for a right-wing government to do. Pensioners tend to vote for right-wing parties and nothing alienates people more than cutting off their access to money.

As things stand, I would therefore expect Shorten to win any future election comfortably. This can certainly change - a wildcard party like PUP could spring up, Shorten or the ALP could commit a serious political faux pas or the LNP could replace Turnbull with a savvier political operator. I doubt Bishop would be that person; in fact, I don't see anyone with Howard's political savvy in the LNP ATM - but you never know.

If Labor are smart they'll STFU and do absolutely nothing

Was truly laughable at the response by many when Trumball, lost his cool and then compared it to Gillard's speech.
In fact most will only remember cuts to family benefits and increase to private health.

Gillard's speech went viral around the world - big difference.

If Labor are smart they'll STFU and do absolutely nothing

Labor can't win with Shorten.
As bad as Turnbull & his party have been, polling is showing that they are not losing votes to Labor but to One Nation and the rest of the nutjob brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back