Opinion Mark Logiudice and the Board of Directors - No Board changes as at 24th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole board isn't going anywhere. Let's get used to this fact. (95% fact)

MLG may have to be the boards' scapegoat though, but again, he may choose to dig his heels in also.
If the rest of the board disapprove of him staying on, only then may blood be shed.

Still seems to me that should Judd want the post (and he may well not) then it could be his and his quickly.
Just reading the landscape here and have no evidence for it.

With Judd as President, the natives are appeased, we have profile in the top ranks and 'hope' is restored.
Judd can not be president, when you have maclure asking for him to be scrutinized and his role questioned.

There's more to this

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Judd can not be president, when you have maclure asking for him to be scrutinized and his role questioned.

There's more to this

………. ambulance chaser.

Facts or * off.

just saying .... enough is enough.

Here's the facts, we've had our worst on field performance over the last two years in our clubs history.

Off field we are in the strongest financial position we've enjoyed in 20 years.

The president doesn't coach the team. He doesn't even appoint the coaches or the senior coach. He puts other people in charge to do that job.

Supporters attacking the president are just ignorant, lashing out at everyone.

The media attacking Mark are just after another story to sell more newspapers. They can go and get stuffed.
Well said mate.
I believe that in the rush to assign blame, people aren't properly taking stock of what each persons responsibilities are.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some people just want to watch the world burn.
So let me guess, you want to attract the best coaching talent the club can?
Imploding the board and having a complete club meltdown doesn't really scream stability, or a work environment that is going to entice the best coaching talent, does it.

There's more to this

Everyones role should be scrutinized. In 2019, in 2020, 21 etc etc.

You know why I say Judd? Kernahan. Could we do the same thing again? We may not but then again, we may just do so.......never know :)

Here's the facts, we've had our worst on field performance over the last two years in our clubs history.

The president doesn't coach the team. He doesn't even appoint the coaches or the senior coach. He puts other people in charge to do that job.

The media attacking Mark are just after another story to sell more newspapers. They can go and get stuffed.

Missed that post mate … great … baby in the bath water and all :)

The Godfather and his Capos
https://m.carltonfc.com.au/club/about-us/board

I implore one of our many powerbrokers to clean the rot that has festered in our boardroom for far too long and force a board spill.

Members such as Fat Tony himself, Luke Sayers, Jeannie Pratt (her money will be missed), Craig Mathieson and co have presided over what can only be described as poor decisions one after another.

The sacking of Ratten.
The hiring of Malthouse.
The appointment of Bolton (without the nesescary support, where was Neal Craig's replacement?).

If Mike Fitzpatrick is reading this, I beg you to act. The general positive member sentiment towards the current board is at an all time low and the chances of someone being able to dislodge the current heirachy would be high.

Apologies for possibly causing more negative discourse but it has to be said. After today's performance from Mark, it should be the last nail in his boards coffin.

Also just let the record show. I agree with today's decision. It had to be done.
Good heavens. Carlton has more idiots that call themselves supporters than any club...LOL
How about a thread for closing down this site next.
Its infested with agendas. They wont stop till the whole CFC is eradicated.

Didn’t we foolishly give up our rights to vote in/out directors when terms were up? Your only chance is through an egm these days.

Why are people so sensitive? Don't like the way we sacked Bolton - look at the board. Don't like that Bolton lasted 3.5 years - look at the board. Don't like the dark malthouse days - look at the board. Don't like the Ratten sacking - look at the board. I mean it's clearly not one of the better boards going round. I think people applauding the clubs financial position should be applauding Bolton for his persistent positive message and understand we've got a massive supporter base and the board has us behind where we actually should be.

How bout that marvel stadium deal we all love so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good heavens. Carlton has more idiots that call themselves supporters than any club...LOL
How about a thread for closing down this site next.
Its infested with agendas. They wont stop till the whole CFC is eradicated.
You started your comment with "good heavens". I stopped reading after that.

So much this. The board backed in this "reset" and backed in Bolton so have to accept some responsibility... but please!

They've been incredibly patient for almost 4 seasons, we've won 3 games in what 33 games? That is not tenable, unlike Dimma, Buckley etc who at least had shown they were able to win games we haven't been able to. We are flying off field and that is largely to do with the board, the president and the other execs they have put in place at the club.

Who remembers the failed Richmond board ticket the season before Richmond won the flag?

The whole board isn't going anywhere. Let's get used to this fact. (95% fact)

MLG may have to be the boards' scapegoat though, but again, he may choose to dig his heels in also.
If the rest of the board disapprove of him staying on, only then may blood be shed.

Still seems to me that should Judd want the post (and he may well not) then it could be his and his quickly.
Just reading the landscape here and have no evidence for it.

With Judd as President, the natives are appeased, we have profile in the top ranks and 'hope' is restored.
You think Judd could have stood that conference......it was pretty heavy

Judd is a show piece.......he sells membership tickets

I think the board got the timing of the bolton sacking pretty right. Malthouse was done two weeks before his record breaker. The board leant from that one...

why call for the board to be sacked now? is it sacking season? lets delist a few deck chairs while we are at it...

He looks a star early as predicted. But I guess everyone knew that. It's everything else that will be a worry going forward.

In regards to the topic, apart from further instability, why would we keep the current board?

Off field we are as strong as we have been. Liddle, Lloyd and Russell have been good gets. Mistakes have been made but there was a lot to do.

Am struggling to think of any other candidate capable of guiding a young list through the challenges of a rebuild, as well as Bolton has done. On that basis, the board's appointment of him should not be considered as anything but a damn fine decision. The list is simply now at a different phase in its development; requiring a coach with a different focus. Calls for the board to step down are silly imo.

Off field we are as strong as we have been. Liddle, Lloyd and Russell have been good gets. Mistakes have been made but there was a lot to do.

Yep. As much as I am disappointed about today and think Bolton has been made a sacrifice to relieve the pressure things are mostly good. I always try and look at the "big picture" and I still believe the rebuild is on track.

Off field things are good and have improved dramatically and we have brought in a lot of good people.

On field, although struggling, I still believe we have a talented list for the future. Also, the classy way Bolton addressed today will make sure things are handed over smoothly and the players will move on quickly. The place is generally happy and until a week or so ago Bolton was still the man to lead.

IMO the worst thing we can do is change the board and the direction. It would be a disaster as overall things are okay and heading in the right direction

I am very disappointed by what happened today. And I do think there are certain people on the board who shouldn't be there, which I have outlined previously.

But I do not think now is the time to make any drastic changes at board level nor do I think it is necessary for the president to step aside now.

For mine Mark has done an OK job, today being one blemish, the only other major one being the Graham Wright debacle early on in his presidency.

I don't buy for a second the criticism that he's not public enough or that he shouldn't be there because he's not the best public speaker. That's infantile garbage we can leave for the media.

Right now we need stability and that starts at the top down. I think we've largely been excellent off the field under Mark and Cain and now is not the time for upheaval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back