• Jack Watts

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Jod

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • the granny shagger

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Winston Reid (in for time zone purposes)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Charlie fat-s**t Adam

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He got fouled again taking the shot but no question. Red but free kick. First foul was outside the box.
Nah nothing in the challenge in the box. Just a standard challenge putting pressure on the guy about to shoot. There is definitely a pull back earlier but it's way outside the box. Was weird refereeing.

Nah nothing in the challenge in the box. Just a standard challenge putting pressure on the guy about to shoot. There is definitely a pull back earlier but it's way outside the box. Was weird refereeing.
Well two separate commentary feeds disagree with you.

The first pull should have been given a foul straight away and then Redmond should have been given a red for committing a cynical foul as the last defender outside the box.

Instead, Dean thought an advantage was available and, as I understand it (although I could be wrong) you can't pay advantage and then go back and give a straight red. He then decided there was another foul in the box, which wasn't there imo, that was still worthy of a red as Dele got his shot away.

Definitely weird refereeing, but in a roundabout way the correct result occurred: Redmond was sent off and Kane missed the pen so it made no difference that it was given.

Super weird refereeing. There are two covering defenders in the middle so I wasnt even sure it was a straight red. Either way, yellow or red, it's way outside the box. If you play advantage and allow a shot on goal, you cant then pull it back if it doesnt go in.

So he does the wrong thing there, then somehow gives a penalty for a foul outside the box.

Ah well, Spurs were the better side and deserved to win. Ball didnt lie with Kane skying the pen either.

I feel like managers complain about every penalty and red card decision where they didn't 10 years ago. The reason the game changed so fast was that 2000 Spurs supporters outsung 25,000 Saints with the exception of the first 90 seconds of the game. Genuinely insane in the away end, not a single person sat for any of the 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spurs away fans are the best in the league.

Pity the home fans are sometimes such a miserable lot :D

It's most definitely a red. He denied a clear goal scoring opportunity the two other defenders weren't close enough to put any pressure on the shot.

Interesting question on the advantage & red. Would you rather the goal to go 3-1 up and no red or penalty and a red? I'd probably rather the penalty and red

You are correct upon watching the replay. No foul in the box, the pull happened outside the box. Nothing but pressure on the man in the box with the foul occurring outside the box. 50/50 on whether it was a DOCGS - comfortable with the ref deciding it was not. Could just have easily gone the other way.

Last edited:
Well two separate commentary feeds disagree with you.

Which one were you watching? On Optus' feed they criticised the decision because there was no foul in the box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely different atmosphere home and away isn't it?
Very similar for us. Our 3000 away fans can outsing any full stadium of home fans in the league, however add in another 50,000 passengers at home who do nothing but groan when we lose the ball and all you end up with is a stadium lacking in atmosphere.

Spurs away has always been a top day out. There used to be some proper characters when I used to go. Good to hear it's still that way

It's amazing how little you care considering you posted it.

2nd person to nitpick on the text. Don't care.
The graphic was the point of the tweet. Made that clear to Ned also.

2nd person to nitpick on the text. Don't care.
The graphic was the point of the tweet. Made that clear to Ned also.
Well if you're going to post a tweet with two different stats, it might be better to highlight which one you're actually referring to.

I care not for how quick he's got to 50 goals compared to other Spurs players (or whatever it was), the text however is what got my attention and warranted a discussion.

So? I can't take the text out of the tweet now can I, don't know why someone's tweet comparing a young player to others from years past at the same point rustles jimmies but alas I did make it clear what I was referencing.

As for Redknapp, father has us winning the league. Son has Liverpool missing the 4. So grain of salt.

Back