Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
his ability to free his arms up when being tackled and pin point a handball is immense, i dont think many people realise how bloody hard this would be with an AFL footy player or two hanging off him... not many can do it

This is the Priddis of last year. Absorbing tackles, getting his arms free and putting others into space. I think I saw one time early in the last where he blind kicked when he could've handpassed and that was it. Our midfield looks so much better when he plays like this!

Nice to have him back for finals, along with last years Gaff and last years Sheed.

This is the Priddis of last year. Absorbing tackles, getting his arms free and putting others into space. I think I saw one time early in the last where he blind kicked when he could've handpassed and that was it. Our midfield looks so much better when he plays like this!
Yep, back to the best form of his career

Not that i dislike Masten by any stretch, but does it seem like he's the odd man out in the midfield?

Priddis, 33 disposals, 26 of those handballs. I believe only one of those handballs was ineffective? Perhaps two?

Our engine rooms hums so much better when he's hitting targets with those handballs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that i dislike Masten by any stretch, but does it seem like he's the odd man out in the midfield?
Tries hard, but * me is he weak. Can't break a tackle to save his life, and even worse he never even manages to ride a tackle and/or get his arms free. Had 27 disposals tonight but his ranking points were among the lowest in the side.

Ive been saying all year how much we miss sheed - so has he. He looks for him.
Bruce and Dennis spoke about this. I agree. He was rusty in his first few games back, but looks a different player now.

Priddis, 33 disposals, 26 of those handballs. I believe only one of those handballs was ineffective? Perhaps two?

Our engine rooms hums so much better when he's hitting targets with those handballs.
Yep, because it means our runners are on the move.. thats how we destroy other sides.

Tries hard, but **** me is he weak. Can't break a tackle to save his life, and even worse he never even manages to ride a tackle and/or get his arms free. Had 27 disposals tonight but his ranking points were among the lowest in the side.

I feel like he has the least impact of all our mids, even Hutch. And is the only one unable to really take over a game as he relies on the rest of the midfield to be performing well. That being said, if he's having a good game it generally indicates the entire midfield is, so he can be considered a barometer of sorts.
I also dont believe ranking points accurately reflect contribution or impact.

But yeah he does actually give it his all. I want to see Jetta give a 4 quarter effort.

I feel like he has the least impact of all our mids, even Hutch. And is the only one unable to really take over a game as he relies on the rest of the midfield to be performing well. That being said, if he's having a good game it generally indicates the entire midfield is, so he can be considered a barometer of sorts.
I also dont believe ranking points accurately reflect contribution or impact.

But yeah he does actually give it his all. I want to see Jetta give a 4 quarter effort.

One thing he does do is run all freak'n game. Surely that has some impact on opposition mids trying to go with him. Perhaps we can't underestimate that.

I don't think any of you noticed, he looks to give off a handball to a team mate because he can't kick! Must be instructions by the coaching staff, otherwise I've also noticed he's improved with his tackling. Not necessarily chasing anyone down. But at least he equalises the contests and forces stoppages.

I don't think any of you noticed, he looks to give off a handball to a team mate because he can't kick! Must be instructions by the coaching staff, otherwise I've also noticed he's improved with his tackling. Not necessarily chasing anyone down. But at least he equalises the contests and forces stoppages.
His tackling has never been questioned. One of the best going around when he locks a guy up.

Masten has his uses, not everyone can be a superstar. He flicked aorund some stupid handballs today for no reason but there were times Lecras, Wellingham and Mcgovern did the same.

His kicking is normally better than it was tonight.

The key is the entire team playing as a cohesive unit. Priddis isn't a gamebreaker, he needs Shuey and Gaff and the support cast working hard with him. Sheed was the missing piece for us, just gives us that class inside player that takes just enough off of Priddis and Shuey's shoulders. When we were relying on Redden, Masten or Hutchings in this role, we looked much much worse.

Ohhh dem handballs. This guy really is back to 2015 form. Holding on and handing off to the release player, every time. Think it goes to show that Priddis knows he isn't supposed to kick because in our best games he clearly isn't trying to.

Have a feeling that Sheed being back is massive - would love to know how many times he was the release from a Pridda handball.

Hitting form at the right time. His elite hands in traffic (most notable while being tackled) are back. Tackling well. So important for our chances over the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back