• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I won't lie I'm ******* excited by this fight. Massive fan of McGregor and while not as big of a fan of Floyd you can't not respect how good he is in a boxing ring.

Does Conor belong in the ring with him if you went on boxing talent? * no but as a spectical you'd be lying you said you weren't intrigued at least. I don't think it'll be the best fight by any means but it's no different to the Manny and Floyd fight, how good was the build up?! I can't wait to watch the whole build up and then when both men are finally in the ring just waiting to see if Conor truly can catch him on the chin. Once again no he probably won't but it'll have everyone on the edge waiting to see if he can.

For what it's worth I actually think Conor will fair better than some boxers Floyd have faced even though they are far more talented purely because he'll be bringing something different with his style and he'll go down swinging no matter what. Also the stamina will be interesting having 12 3 minutes rounds.

For what it's worth I actually think Conor will fair better than some boxers Floyd have faced even though they are far more talented purely because he'll be bringing something different with his style and he'll go down swinging no matter what. Also the stamina will be interesting having 12 3 minutes rounds.
If it happens I have wondered the same thing. What Conor has brought to most of his fights is something his opponent hasn't seen, a quirky style. I can see him crouching a lot a leaning forward and sideways to go for those angles his movement coach likes. He is happy to leave his chin out so he can counter but I can't see him out countering perhaps the best counter fighter in history.

The how, when and why during the bout is what will make this fight.

If that fight happens in August/September......there's a good chance we'll see McGregor compete in the octagon again before the end of the year.

It won't happen but if by some stupid miracle McGregor knocked out Mayweather......I might have to get 49-1 tattooed somewhere and pray everyday to the reincarnated god of Steve McQueen/Bruce Lee.

Might be interesting for a couple of rounds while McGregor still has his KO power. After that it will be a schooling on shoulder rolling and evasiveness. Have to admit I'm a bit 'meh' about it. Although it will be good to know sooner rather than later whats happening at LW.

If that fight happens in August/September......there's a good chance we'll see McGregor compete in the octagon again before the end of the year.
Dana just said that Conor will actually turn around and fight right away after the Mayweather fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fight will be one sided and s**t (most likely) but the build up will be really fun.

Floyd gets a lot of credit for his trash talk, when in reality, all he does is brag about money and be honest and cocky about his assessment in other fighters ability to beat him.

Conor has the ability to insult with a comedic sense of timing which can make the whole room laugh, at the line and the opponent.

I would rather pay for the press conference than the fight.

Done deal eh.
Personally while I'll admit I'll watch it, it's a dumb idea Conner is gonna get his ass handed to him. Sad for boxing really when it takes a UFC fighter with 0 professional fights to generate possibility the biggest boxing ppv since PAC fight.

it is a dumb fight but its not really a dumb idea by those involved.

UFC gets huge exposure with one of its biggest stars
Floyd gets an almost risk free 50-0 record and a truckload of cash.
Conor makes huge money that he would never make in UFC, and probably doesn't risk his body as much.
promoters make bulk coin
Gambling revenue sky rockets
Vegas makes huge money

Only losers are the people who go into the fight expecting...well a fight. Ill watch it sure, just for the entertainment value, of the build up and saying hey I saw this. There is always that .01% chance that Conor wins and we have just witnessed one of the most insane things ever.

the betting line suggests he has a far better chance of winning, than Holm beating Rousey :rolleyes:

oh well if the Gambling agency says it could happen, where is my wallet? :p

I dont see how Dana can be so confident Conor returns to the octagon unless its for a GSP superfight or Diaz III. Even those fights dont seem that tempting after Mayweather. How do you return to the octagon for a fraction of the Mayweather purse?

Back