• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny u should say that... I was just watching Floyd and his team at a skating rink. I'm kinda thinking...should u really be doing that less that week out from the fight.
The man was carving it up on his roller skates, tho...having a hell of a time.

You can say a lot about the guy, but you can't say he doesn't know how to blade. Like a gazelle on the rink.

I read while 95% of bets have been on McGregor, 81% of the money has been for Floyd.

19 mma fans betting $20-100 on Conor to one investor betting $5000 on Floyd basically.

This is exactly how Brexit and Trump ran before those events.
The masses were correct and read the atmosphere correctly but the odds were skewed by big money bets trying to maintain semblance of legacy.

This is exactly how Brexit and Trump ran before those events.
The masses were correct and read the atmosphere correctly but the odds were skewed by big money bets trying to maintain semblance of legacy.

ummm ok, not sure how election polls have anything to do with boxing but the smart people will be getting the easy 27% interest this weekend.

and a lot of people are going to do their $50 and be disappointed at how bad Conor is going to look.

Paulie angling for a fight is sad.

Cake Boss has untreated concussion and had his side-piece taken again.
4Z3VpTo_d.jpg

Last edited:
ummm ok, not sure how election polls have anything to do with boxing but the smart people will be getting the easy 27% interest this weekend.

and a lot of people are going to do their $50 and be disappointed at how bad Conor is going to look.

Ummmmm, it's called understanding the flow of money. Doesn't matter what the book is.
Whales skew the odds. Probably Floyds juiceheads keeping the odds from dropping lower as they are falling down as we get closer.
Expect some massive 5 - 6 figure bets to land around friday / saturday to push odds back down in Floyds favour while the majority vastly lay on Conor. You will get better odds on Conor after a swing later in the week, that will be the whales who are incapable of emotionally accepting the change thats coming and can't beleive Floyd can be defeated.
Same thing happened with Brexit & Trump.
People who are emotionally invested are backing remain/hilary/Mayweather while people who are aroused by the smell of fear in the air are betting on brexit/Trump/McGregor.

High rollers had continued to invest in Remain betting yesterday, but the sheer volume of small stakes on Leave in the last 24 hours managed to force Paddy Power into a lose/lose scenario. The small stakers have been paid off today.
https://news.paddypower.com/politic...-votes-to-leave-despite-huge-bets-for-remain/

The odds on PaddyPower have swung wildly in the past. but Trump was always on the losing side. Trump's odds were less than 1% in June 2015, just before he announced his candidacy. He peaked at 38% this past May.
There was also a noticeable difference in the gambling style on the site. Most of the big money bet on Clinton, but there were lots of tiny bets on Trump.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/18/news/paddypower-pays-hillary-clinton-bettors/index.html

Last edited:
Ummmmm, it's called understanding the flow of money. Doesn't matter what the book is.
Whales skew the odds. Probably Floyds juiceheads keeping the odds from dropping lower as they are falling down as we get closer.
Expect some massive 5 - 6 figure bets to land around friday / saturday to push odds back down in Floyds favour while the majority vastly lay on Conor. You will get better odds on Conor after a swing later in the week, that will be the whales who are incapable of emotionally accepting the change thats coming and can't beleive Floyd can be defeated.
Same thing happened with Brexit & Trump.
People who are emotionally invested are backing remain/hilary/Mayweather while people who are aroused by the smell of fear in the air are betting on brexit/Trump/McGregor.

High rollers had continued to invest in Remain betting yesterday, but the sheer volume of small stakes on Leave in the last 24 hours managed to force Paddy Power into a lose/lose scenario. The small stakers have been paid off today.
https://news.paddypower.com/politic...-votes-to-leave-despite-huge-bets-for-remain/

The odds on PaddyPower have swung wildly in the past. but Trump was always on the losing side. Trump's odds were less than 1% in June 2015, just before he announced his candidacy. He peaked at 38% this past May.
There was also a noticeable difference in the gambling style on the site. Most of the big money bet on Clinton, but there were lots of tiny bets on Trump.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/18/news/paddypower-pays-hillary-clinton-bettors/index.html

There's always lots of tiny bets on a big underdog and the big bets on the favourite in any event. No one dares to bet big on the underdog and you make nothing betting small on the favourite.

The thing is 95% of the time the short priced favourite wins.

2 elections polls being off by a few percent doesn't change the fact that McGregor is a boxing novice who is going to be completely outclassed by one of the all time greats.

There's always lots of tiny bets on a big underdog and the big bets on the favourite in any event. No one dares to bet big on the underdog and you make nothing betting small on the favourite.

The thing is 95% of the time the short priced favourite wins.

2 elections polls being off by a few percent doesn't change the fact that McGregor is a boxing novice who is going to be completely outclassed by one of the all time greats.

Ok, i understand where your coming from - Floyd is a great so Conor can't win - very common logic on this. Possibly a true statement. I'm seeing more than just fight metrics in this whole scene that i've witnessed and profited on before. Along with that, there's more value on Conor with a hedge on Floyd via points - that was my bet from the start.
I think people will be shocked at what Conor does to Floyd.

Floyds last knockout was against Ortiz with a blindside, hardly a true knockout. Previous KO was in 1996?. His only chance is winning on points by gassing out Conor but he will get rocked many times before that happens and thats where it will be won or lost. The only person to survive Conors punch was 6ft 170p zombie Nate Diaz who's face looked like a squashed tomato afterwards. If Floyd can avoid that for 36 minutes he'll win.

Ok, i understand where your coming from - Floyd is a great so Conor can't win - very common logic on this. Possibly a true statement. I'm seeing more than just fight metrics in this whole scene that i've witnessed and profited on before. Along with that, there's more value on Conor with a hedge on Floyd via points - that was my bet from the start.
I think people will be shocked at what Conor does to Floyd.

Floyds last knockout was against Ortiz with a blindside, hardly a true knockout. Previous KO was in 1996?. His only chance is winning on points by gassing out Conor but he will get rocked many times before that happens and thats where it will be won or lost. The only person to survive Conors punch was 6ft 170p zombie Nate Diaz who's face looked like a squashed tomato afterwards. If Floyd can avoid that for 36 minutes he'll win.

Knocking out UFC cans is a hell of a lot easier than boxers, Floyd even at his age with busted hands probably still hits harder than McGregor

Mcgregor would want to win after all the smack talk he's been doing I hope he wins definitely not going to place a bet on him though

Mcgregor would want to win after all the smack talk he's been doing I hope he wins definitely not going to place a bet on him though

Yeah a bloke that's got a professional record of 0-0 better beat one of the best boxers of all time (arguably the best defensive fighter ever)

The smack talk is the whole reason Mayweather has agreed to fight him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish North had a recruiter that could talk like Conor. The guy is so convincing that he could probably sell ice to the eskimos (or convince them that Arden Street is the holy grail of world sports). In the recruitment interview all he'd need to do is repeat 'tink about it' in the players ear and that'd be enough to get most of them to sign.

Last edited:
Floyd really pushing the Conor struggling to make weight angle.

Not entirely sure how it sells the fight plus Conor has never missed weight, not entirely sure why its being brought up?

Where's this happening?

been mentioned on a bunch of news sites the last few days, as phantom13 said Conor made weight at 145 plenty of times, surely he makes 154 easily

Floyd really pushing the Conor struggling to make weight angle.

Not entirely sure how it sells the fight plus Conor has never missed weight, not entirely sure why its being brought up?
I reckon Floyd has been worded up to what Conor currently weighs. I know in the UFC, so I'm assuming boxing, fighters always weigh themselves in front of the Commission (maybe it's just UFC officials, not 100%) when they arrive for fight week.

Boxers tend to cut a lot less weight than MMA fighters. He has probably heard 170-ish and assumed that's going to be a really hard cut, when in reality that's at the low end of weight cutting in MMA.

That's my conspiracy theory anyway.

I've only seen it mentioned here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/revealed-what-happens-conor-mcgregor-11041189

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/d083f0f695b5da5391cb1456b52899ef

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-floyd-mayweathers-claims-he-wont-make-weight

seems like a bit of a beat up

from the BR article

On Tuesday, Floyd Mayweather claimed Conor McGregor was at least 10 pounds overweight and suggested he wouldn't be able to cut the weight in time to make the 154-pound limit for Saturday night's fight, according to FightHype.com.

On Wednesday, McGregor responded in his usual colorful style.

"Tell him to shut his f--king mouth," he told reporters. "He knows nothing, fool of a thing. Let him keep praying. Praying for fatigue. Praying for me to take a back step. All he's doing is praying, but he's praying to the new God of boxing."

10 pounds. ******* Lol.

Rumble once weighed 210 two weeks out from a fight at 170. Dude missed by a few pounds, but still.

He also started a camp at 230 (could have been the same camp).

Only 10 pounds is the dream.

I've only seen it mentioned here.

That's one, think that is todays, I think the other time was at the open workouts.

Just interesting, he's a smart man, and everything he does sells the fight. Not entirely sure of the angle here, I guess get peoples interest up "could conor miss weight in the biggest fight ever" makes people tune in for the weigh ins.

Back