Prediction Melbourne, the next dynasty club.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dees are tracking just fine for a potential dynasty ... just below Par to Richmond (prelim in yr 2) and the cats (runner up in yr 2)

A potential problem I see though is in 2019 Richmond acquired Lynch who transformed our game plan and potency up forward

If the dees acquire Grundy after losing Jackson, they are treading water. They absolutely need to evolve their forward line to keep improving

The Dees showed that they can learn by a poor finals showing in the past, hopefully we can do it again.

I'm a bit worried though that we didn't make some changes for the Lions game

We were a very dominant team, but maybe other teams have caught up with us. I'd hope we at least challenge for another flag, but there's some pretty good teams about.
Haven’t you changed your tune, the most arrogant, ridiculous loud mouth poster on here (not easy to do considering Melbourne had become the greatest team of all time according to a large portion of there supporters) to now ‘there’s some pretty good teams about. Can’t be easy to pull your foot out of your mouth while pack peddling at the same time.

What happens if they win more in the next few years? Im as critical of Melbourne as anyone, but a dynasty gotta start somewhere. This year is a set back no doubt, but they have more chances to salut if they are good enough.

Big Footy is more reactionary than the media.

Very minor point here but whilst BigFooty is indeed reactionary at times, that word doesn't mean what you think, based on your utilisation (it is in fact closer to the opposite of how you have used it). You would instead say Big Footy is more reactive than the media.

This is a classic Bigfooty thread, team wins a Grand Final and has a relative balanced youngish list and talk turns automatically to a dynasty. The following year the premiers have their moments but arent good enough at the end of a long season, then all the jealous douche bags chime in with their 2 cents about how this team wont be any better going forward.

The reality is Melbourne still won the flag last year, everyone else's team wasn't good enough. Flags are hard to bloody win no matter when they are won. Melbourne still have a solid list have tasted success and the bitter disappointment of defeat. Melbourne fans now get to sit back and see exactly what their team is made of while the rest of you can only dream of winning a more recent flag.

Rinse and repeat with said new premiers name

I think the word dynasty gets thrown around a bit by most fans. A dynasty is in the real sense
generational not just a period of several years. Sure Lions, Cats, Hawks Tigers were great
in their periods in the modern AFL era, but not quite a dynasty.

As such, the greatest dynasty in our game's history is Hawthorn 1971-1991. Eight premierships
over a generation and some losing GF's also. Seven of those came in 15 year period. The continuity of
success from the 70s to the early 90s showed that the succession for success and winning culture
was ingrained over two generations of playing groups.

Toumpy your approach has become stale and repetitive and needs some work in the off-season. This isn't your best work. I hope you use the summer to put your head down, work hard and come back bigger and better in 2023.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Pies fans crowing about a dynasty back in 2010.

Will be tough for the Dees going forward, they've peaked and will probably go the same route as the Bombers circa 2001, also sent packing by the Lions. At the same time the Lions Fremantle Blues etc are on the up.

Let’s hold off claiming Fremantle and Carlton are going to fly past Melbourne. Both teams have the mental fortitude of a bowl of custard and have proven nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the word dynasty gets thrown around a bit by most fans. A dynasty is in the real sense
generational not just a period of several years. Sure Lions, Cats, Hawks Tigers were great
in their periods in the modern AFL era, but not quite a dynasty.

As such, the greatest dynasty in our game's history is Hawthorn 1971-1991. Eight premierships
over a generation and some losing GF's also. Seven of those came in 15 year period. The continuity of
success from the 70s to the early 90s showed that the succession for success and winning culture
was ingrained over two generations of playing groups.
Now this poster gets it.

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Let’s hold off claiming Fremantle and Carlton are going to fly past Melbourne. Both teams have the mental fortitude of a bowl of custard and have proven nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention the Dees had Gawn and Petracca (2 out of their best 3-4 players) carrying injuries going into finals.

I'd personally still have them thereabouts in terms of Premiership favourites next year.

We are the next dynasty club, just like Collingwood 2010, Sydney 2012, Bulldogs 2016.
Or Geelong 07 or Hawthorn 08 or Richmond 17

None of them started off with back to back flags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back