Members v The Media v Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The patronising of our members over the last decade or more by the media and even worse our own admin has IMO gone a long way to creating the level of angst we see at the moment amongst the members.

I thought it might be a good idea to keep a record of all the things the members got right that it took a lot longer for the
media and Koch et. Al. to work out (many they haven't yet)

1. Southern Power idiocy
2. Co-captains
3. Our inside 50 approach
4. Our lack of tall defender
5. Not playing enough/true KPF
5. Boak is a midfielder
6. The prison bars/teal
7. Ken
8. Stadium presenters
9. Conflicted board members
10. Buying back our license
11. Adding making our community proud to the SOP
12. Refusing to hire a goal kicking coach
13. Premature declarations of mission accomplished.
14. Declaring Port members with the same standards that made the club great "haters"

What else would you add?

Last edited:
The absolute drama over our crowd numbers when we're not even in the bottom half of the table for avg home crowds.
Throw in the metric of avg crowds vs an interstate club and we're close to the top.

Excluding maybe 2020, we've always seemed to have ruck depth issues.

And the issue has come out again in full swing this season off of Lycett's form drop, prematurely trading Ladhams and refusing to play Hayes. Nearly jut as bad as the 2018 ruck crisis if you ask me.

Still waiting for the wider penny to drop about how diabolical our lack of a home ground advantage is and has been since not long after the joint re-opened.

Seeing Adelaide Oval and the rabid Port crowd repeatedly hyped up as a massive issue to be overcome for visiting sides, before and after games, often by victorious players themselves, is a comic cliche at this point.

And the issue has come out again in full swing this season off of Lycett's form drop, prematurely trading Ladhams and refusing to play Hayes. Nearly jut as bad as the 2018 ruck crisis if you ask me.
Not related to the thread but I cannot understand why we traded Ladhams. It was unbelievably stupid. Player-preferred destination ****ed the club over.

The patronising of our members over the last decade or more by the media and even worse our own admin has IMO gone a long way to creating the level of angst we see at the moment amongst the members.

I thought it might be a good idea to keep a record of all the things the members got right that it took a lot longer for the
media and Koch et. Al. to work out (many they haven't yet)

1. Southern Power idiocy
2. Co-captains
3. Our inside 50 approach
4. Our lack of tall defender
5. Not playing enough/true KPF
5. Boak is a midfielder
6. The prison bars/teal
7. Ken

What else would you add?
Screeching on ground presenters on game day

The absolute drama over our crowd numbers when we're not even in the bottom half of the table for avg home crowds.
Throw in the metric of avg crowds vs an interstate club and we're close to the top.
You'd love, I dunno the President to be loudly and everywhere possible telling the footballing world how detrimental our Adelaide Oval deal is and making it known throughout the land the ridiculous crowd numbers we require to just break even each game compared to say a North melbourne or St kilda.

Screeching on ground presenters on game day
Yeah it took them ages to replace Wayne Phillips too.

I think Wanganeen to the board over Fiachi could probably also be added. A fair few here saw that coming.

Actually if I add Cardone we could just call that conflicted board members (added to the OP).

Yeah it took them ages to replace Wayne Phillips too.

I think Wanganeen to the board over Fiachi could probably also be added. A fair few here saw that coming.

Actually if I add Cardone we could just call that conflicted board members (added to the OP).
Cardone - FFS.

Yes I completely forgot about that abomination. It transcended all known logic, and went against every moral principle of human existence and organisational savvy.

Shoot him into the sun immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merchandise (although you have mentioned teal more widely).

Not being on the front foot when we are called a "taker".
I think the merchandise hasn't been to bad (it's very hard to please everyone) in that it has had elements for the tealsters and PA/prison bars for the OGs.

Now if you want to say the fake monogram logos specifically then I'm all for that being added.

It's one thing for the AFL to decree that every club has them but Port should be on the front foot saying that "we have a history and we would rather be promoting that" at the very least.

I'm still waiting for someone to nominate the funk squad and the first float lol.

Merchandise (although you have mentioned teal more widely).

Not being on the front foot when we are called a "taker".
I think in regards to being a taker what the fans have called for is equalisation of opportunity (I.e. fixture and TV exposure) and I think that could definitely be added.

Hinkley is a very obvious one.

The idea that we're a little club and a "net receiver" shits me to tears, and Koch, instead of rallying against it, actively promotes it because it allows him to run his underdog narrative so he doesn't have to achieve anything.

Also the merch, Jesus Christ. How much money have they pissed away trying to force teal down our throats?

I think the merchandise hasn't been to bad (it's very hard to please everyone) in that it has had elements for the tealsters and PA/prison bars for the OGs.

Now if you want to say the fake monogram logos specifically then I'm all for that being added.

It's one thing for the AFL to decree that every club has them but Port should be on the front foot saying that "we have a history and we would rather be promoting that" at the very least.

I'm still waiting for someone to nominate the funk squad and the first float lol.
Ahh.
The fist float.
Happy days indeed.
That bad boy on a trailer got the juices going 🤫

Remember Lade-Brogan-Primus-French being a pretty strong ruck era.

Having a Crows/Norwood defender as a forwards coach is a good idea
We don't need to replace Schofield or Voss. She'll be right
We don't have a problem with goal kicking and don't need a GK coach
Not beating top 4 teams is acceptable as long as we smash the bottom teams
Orazio Fantasia is a good trade target

Having a Crows/Norwood defender as a forwards coach is a good idea
We don't need to replace Schofield or Voss. She'll be right
We don't have a problem with goal kicking and don't need a GK coach
Not beating top 4 teams is acceptable as long as we smash the bottom teams
Orazio Fantasia is a good trade target
Yep refusing to employ a goal kicking coach when the best one is offering his services is definitely up there. Added.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back