Members v The Media v Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

The Perfect Pear is always fun to watch especially when she says no to the males yes.

the simpsons GIF

I'm fine with perfect pair.

The addition of "and make our community proud" is a great call, and probably encapsulates everything that is wrong with Koch. Lessen the focus on premierships and increase the focus on easier to achieve warm and fuzzies.

I hope our next chairperson includes in their opening speech that "We exist to win premierships." with an emphasis on the full stop

Still waiting for the wider penny to drop about how diabolical our lack of a home ground advantage is and has been since not long after the joint re-opened.

Seeing Adelaide Oval and the rabid Port crowd repeatedly hyped up as a massive issue to be overcome for visiting sides, before and after games, often by victorious players themselves, is a comic cliche at this point.
This. This. This. This!!!! Biggest myth out there.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but every time I hear the coach, assistant coaches, captain or other players say “play Port Adelaide footy”, I die a little bit more inside. Talk about not getting it. Talk about misrepresenting our club. Talk about blasphemy.

We have never come close to Port Adelaide football under Hinkley.

Haven’t read the whole thread, but every time I hear the coach, assistant coaches, captain or other players say “play Port Adelaide footy”, I die a little bit more inside. Talk about not getting it. Talk about misrepresenting our club. Talk about blasphemy.

We have never come close to Port Adelaide football under Hinkley.
I think the current players resent our history as there is continual pressure to live up to it from the supporter base. Every time we are supposed to honour our history we put in a disgraceful effort. The Ebert game was above & beyond disgraceful. Will never forgive the current Port players & coaches etc for that performance. Wasn't unexpected though which made it more infuriating.

"And make our community proud". What a crock of s**t to add that to our motto.
Every professional sports team has an inherent responsibility to give back to the community.
To go on about it, reeks of desperation
Its just them wanting to add something easy to something that's hard.

Might as well have made it "We exist to win premierships and eat french fries"

I'm really sick being reminded of our 2010-2012 era. Its past, there's zero reason to keep bringing it back up. No other club in the league gets constant referral of an unsuccessful period in their history like us.

We also don't take solace in remembering that era, and it doesn't suddenly make us forget any current problems with our club. Its so club admin, officials and media can gaslight us even harder.

I'm really sick being reminded of our 2010-2012 era. Its past, there's zero reason to keep bringing it back up. No other club in the league gets constant referral of an unsuccessful period in their history like us.

We also don't take solace in remembering that era, and it doesn't suddenly make us forget any current problems with our club. Its so club admin, officials and media can gaslight us even harder.
Well said the stupid part of it is we aren't a successful club since that period. So the ridiculous comparison to the 2010-12 era is just pointless. 3 lost preliminary finals in a decade doesn't resemble success, not when the measuring stick is winning Premierships.

Hawthorn & Richmond are successful clubs of the era since 2012 with their 3 flags each, not us with 3 preliminary final losses. Unless the parameters have been changed by the club I'm missing something according to Koch, Rucci and co.

Well said the stupid part of it is we aren't a successful club since that period. So the ridiculous comparison to the 2010-12 era is just pointless. 3 lost preliminary finals in a decade doesn't resemble success, not when the measuring stick is winning Premierships.

Hawthorn & Richmond are successful clubs of the era since 2012 with their 3 flags each, not us with 3 preliminary final losses. Unless the parameters have been changed by the club I'm missing something according to Koch, Rucci and co.
Yep and as a batch, if we are using a similar date range.

2013-2022 = 3 losing preliminary finals
2003-2012 = 1 flag, 2 grand finals, 3 prelims

A couple of years ago we had a supporters meeting with Richo and others (I think FishingRick04 and chiwigi were there too, RussellEbertHandball?) and I expressly asked Richo to stop bringing this up every week and focus on growth. He nodded, but it was obvious he wasn't going to stop doing it, as demonstrated since.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Internal review being ineffective. Internal appointments always the "best candidate". Gaslighting supporters and the wider football community that Ports from 2010-2012 is representative of Ports from 1870-2012. The supporter base being the best while also being abusive white noise.

I despise the over use of the term "Gaslighting" almost as much as I despise Hinkley and Koch.

Please use, emotional manipulation by a person/s who presents a false narrative to another group or person which leads them to doubt their perceptions and become misled, disoriented or distressed, moving forwards. Its much punchier.

What about the 70 / 30 Crows / Port supporter ratio that's continually trotted out by the media

Membership and Crowd Numbers have continually disproved this

I’ve never understood why the club doesn’t challenge this more.

They bring it up to keep our expectations low. The Port supporter base must see thru this BS.

I’ve never understood why the club doesn’t challenge this more.

"We're just a little club from Alberton who could never expect to ever win anything in fact just being here is a victory that we should all be proud of, please don't expect anything from us" - David Koch, the chairman of the team in this town with the higher attendance and turnover.

"This week we're underdogs and that's how we love it".

I really hate this s**t from the club!

Haven't heard it or read it coming out from the club for a while but with this lot of custodians I'm never convinced that they've risen above this tripe!

While I don’t disagree with most listed here (particularly the organised removal of Fiacchi from the board and lack of calling out the media for the BS which gets trotted out).

If the club doesn’t fall for it and offer an extension at the end of 2017 it would be in a much better position.

Supporters ( maybe not the true believers) would believe that those in charge understand what the PAFC is about and have confidence in those in charge. Instead stability, don’t rock the boat attitude adopted which is not the club I grew up supporting.

A Port Adelaide decision gets made at the end of 2017 and onwards and a lot of these things disappear into the background or don’t exist as the club leaders push PAFC not the vanilla version we are being told to accept.

"This week we're underdogs and that's how we love it".

I really hate this s**t from the club!

Haven't heard it or read it coming out from the club for a while but with this lot of custodians I'm never convinced that they've risen above this tripe!

Its an attempt by the club to hark back to the glory days of the Magpies.

The thing is, we never loved being the underdog. The reason it stuck around is because we used to win when he had absolutely no right to win. We went into seasons and games where we were written off by all and sundry but internally we still expected to win.

We dont love being the underdog, we were the exception to the rule of being the underdog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back