Memory Lane - Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a weird period during the Laidley v Craig period where we'd both play utterly s**t but somehow we'd fluff 12 shots at goal in a row (for the game), crows would kick 2.1 in the last quarter and win the whole shebang.

That was the script at least twice. These sides combined produce some of the pulpiest sludgiest footy ever and neither deserved to win.

I remember the last time we played them at AAMI Stadium, in Round 12 of 2009. A young Jack Ziebell broke his leg in a bad collision while diving for the ball, and the Crows kept a woeful North to just three goals in wet conditions, and Dean Laidley was given his marching orders after six and a half seasons at the helm.

Incorrect. JYD walked away. (read: Quit!)

Ok, now I'm trying to think of which players have played for both North and Adelaide. Apart from Moran and Carey, I am really drawing a blank here. Oh, and Scott Welsh.

We seem to have extensive trading histories with Port, Freo, Hawthorn, even West Coast to an extent, but Adelaide...there really doesn't seem to be many off the top of my head? Any help?

Ok, now I'm trying to think of which players have played for both North and Adelaide. Apart from Moran and Carey, I am really drawing a blank here. Oh, and Scott Welsh.

We seem to have extensive trading histories with Port, Freo, Hawthorn, even West Coast to an extent, but Adelaide...there really doesn't seem to be many off the top of my head? Any help?

we almost snagged gary macintosh, just couldnt get him over here :oops:

Ah the Adelaide game last year when I confidently told Kangalicious prior to the game that we would win comfortably. And we did, thus setting up our run to the finals.

Which I am claiming partial credit for.

Mark Stevens. Evan Hewitt.

We have a long history of palming KPFs of varying quality off to them.

I'm surprised Hawthorn snapped up Jason Daniltchenko before we could get the rowies in his tea and stick him on the bus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1995 Night GF. Still recall one of the candles/lights catching fire during the pre-game entertainment. Micky Martyn carved up Modra and we won comfortably. One of the enjoyable memories out at Waverley. Funnily we played them in Round 1 and were lucky to scrape over the line.

There was a game in either '91 or '92 at Footy Park where we kicked a goal with SEVEN* players forward of any Adelaide player. One of the most bizarre goals I've seen.

Loved smashing them at Princes Park in '94 though Carey was rubbed out for three weeks.

* +- 1 player

Bienke (I think it was the same bloke)

Obst

Skipworth (almost)

McCartney

Bit harsh?

Sorry, misread your post.

:D

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Andrew McLeod retired 2010
Mark Riccuito, retired 2007
Tyson Edwards, retired 2010
Simon Goodwin, retired 2010
Brett Burton, retired 2010

It is just not the same team that used to bother us all the time.

Anyone remember the first time we ever played Adelaide in 1991? I was only 9 but remeber a very young Wayne Carey kicking the winning goal and getting us over the line by a couple of points.

Schimma's last game as coach?! A defining pre-season game if ever there was one.
Mark Stevens. Evan Hewitt.

We have a long history of palming KPFs of varying quality off to them.
We 'palmed' Scotty Welsh off for Pick 77 (wtf?), drafting Lindsay Smith, but we picked up Drew Petrie for the pick we got for Hewitt (Pick 23) and we got Jason McCartney for Mark Stevens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back