News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow. First time I've seen it up that close. It looks a lot bigger than I expected. Really puts those outhouse/container sheds to shame.

Can't wait to potentially get a sneak peak throughout the place and see some of these world class features, and what is in there. Im assuming the top floors will be admin offices and stuff.

I hope I'm not spoiling anything here but check out this sneak peak into Hall 1 of the Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre. You can already see the basketball rings.

UAKESph.jpg

I hope I'm not spoiling anything here but check out this sneak peak into Hall 1 of the Carrara Sports and Leisure Centre. You can already see the basketball rings.

UAKESph.jpg
It's massive, just look at the guy at the bottom of the pic for scale, but not sure how we will use it to advantage

I can understand a space like this in Melbourne with the s**t weather but in SEQ?

It's massive, just look at the guy at the bottom of the pic for scale, but not sure how we will use it to advantage

I can understand a space like this in Melbourne with the s**t weather but in SEQ?

I remember in 2010/2011 during the floods, we spent a good couple of days/weeks training in the old basketball hall because all the ovals were under water, but the place was tiny and it really hindered the pre-season, especially being our first-ever one. Not that it floods every year, but if we do get torrential rain this place will cater much better for an indoor running/even a solid skills session (with runners obviously). What is it? 4 basketball courts long?? I mean not that it is built solely for our use anyway, but Im sure we would take advantage of it if the need arose.

Every now and then would be alright, but day after day I imagine might tax the body. I'm no sport scientist though.
That's correct spot on. Makes it more difficult to gain muscle mass because you are constantly loosing excessive amounts of water.

Hall 1 of the CSLC actually looks a similar size to Collingwood's entire Westpac Centre:

2cHEGzj.jpg

However, the Suns' new training and administration facilities are tacked on to the end of Hall 1 (which isn't shown in the pic a few posts back) and Hall 2 is a similar size to Hall 1 so you've got an absolutely massive structure that will basically be handed to the Suns once the Comm Games are over. Then you've got the elite training field/s on the doorstep of the Suns' training and admin facilities. That's what $100 million worth of facilities looks like.

It's the kind of facility that will undoubtedly be rented out during the summer months when teams of any sport (both internationally and domestically) look for elite training facilities mixed with the natural heat/humidity the Gold Coast offers. No wonder the Titans wanted to share the CSLC with the Suns.

What is it? 4 basketball courts long?? I mean not that it is built solely for our use anyway, but I'm sure we would take advantage of it if the need arose.
Not sure of the exact length but Hall 1 will house 15 basketball courts in legacy mode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hall 1 of the CSLC actually looks a similar size to Collingwood's entire Westpac Centre:

2cHEGzj.jpg

However, the Suns' new training and administration facilities are tacked on to the end of Hall 1 (which isn't shown in the pic a few posts back) and Hall 2 is a similar size to Hall 1 so you've got an absolutely massive structure that will basically be handed to the Suns once the Comm Games are over. Then you've got the elite training field/s on the doorstep of the Suns' training and admin facilities. That's what $100 million worth of facilities looks like.

It's the kind of facility that will undoubtedly be rented out during the summer months when teams of any sport (both internationally and domestically) look for elite training facilities mixed with the natural heat/humidity the Gold Coast offers. No wonder the Titans wanted to share the CSLC with the Suns.

Not sure of the exact length but Hall 1 will house 15 basketball courts in legacy mode.

Like that was ever going to be allowed to happen?! Surely the AFL would not be happy (re: sharing with the Titans)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about your contributions to the other threads
You'd like me to contribute more? I'm not sure that's wise, I tend to be a bit of a one eyed loose cannon.

2cHEGzj.jpg

Mark my words the Commonwealth Games will be the best off field thing to ever happen for our club.

IT'S A NEW DAY YES IT IS!

You'd like me to contribute more? I'm not sure that's wise, I tend to be a bit of a one eyed loose cannon.

Mark my words the Commonwealth Games will be the best off field thing to ever happen for our club.

IT'S A NEW DAY YES IT IS!
It was always a part of the plans. You can go as far back as 2008 and find articles that state the plans were always to combine infrastructure for an AFL team with Commonwealth Games facilities. I'm just not sure the AFL really thought it through in terms of having an expansion club training out of demountables for their first six seasons.
Like that was ever going to be allowed to happen?! Surely the AFL would not be happy (re: sharing with the Titans)
The Titans inquired and the Suns (AFL) declined pretty quickly. End of story.

2cHEGzj.jpg

Wouldn't it be great to see Suns banners Ike the Pies ones lining the training facility. I wonder if the club will be looking for naming rights to it, some names could be interesting

The beautiful one day perfect the next Centre
The banana bender Centre

Thought it would be interesting to compare the original renders of the CSLC with what it has now become:

ADD65qm.jpg

kr0uPdD.jpg

Looks pretty much spot on. Now we need a picture of the front with the plaza area...

Du9IaVX.jpg

Wouldn't it be great to see Suns banners Ike the Pies ones lining the training facility. I wonder if the club will be looking for naming rights to it, some names could be interesting

The beautiful one day perfect the next Centre
The banana bender Centre
The halls could be named Josh & Aaron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back