News PeopleFirst (Bank) Stadium and Precinct

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell her to stay in Burleigh and Uber to ground.
Burleigh to Coolangatta is way nicer than Surfers and Broadbeach.
I agree it's beautiful but I would add Broadbeach to that. Surfers is for the tourists, of which many think Surfers IS the Gold Coast

I agree it's beautiful but I would add Broadbeach to that. Surfers is for the tourists, of which many think Surfers IS the Gold Coast
When I went back to Perth end of last year to visit friends and family I got the old 'isn't the Gold Coast party town?' question from people. It's a good laugh as there is way more clubbing in Perth.

When I went back to Perth end of last year to visit friends and family I got the old 'isn't the Gold Coast party town?' question from people. It's a good laugh as there is way more clubbing in Perth.
yeh, my friends etc back I perth assume I live in a high rise in surfers...

ni23k8p.jpg

If you guys want to be ultra stingy, stay close from airport, catch the 700 on gameday to Broadbeach South than the bus to Carrara from there... all free on gameday.

The best beaches are around Cooly (and Tweed) IMO

Thanks. She is taking my daughter to Seaworld on the Sunday so is going to stay at Chevron Renaissance. She can easily catch the G from there to South Broadbeach Station and then the shuttle bus to Metricon Stadium.

In relation to tickets, Metricon Stadium needs to update their website as it says tickets are available from Ticketmaster, when in fact it is Ticketek.

They would like to sit undercover. Based on the seating map, the best option available to them is going to be aisle 206

Metricon Stadium needs to update their website as it says tickets are available from Ticketmaster, when in fact it is Ticketek.
I noticed this too. A big change from last year. Ticketek is ******* putrid - why on earth did it change?!

The Gabba surface after the Adele concert. I'm all for concerts at Metricon to raise revenue but geez they make a bloody mess.

IMG_3503.jpg

Last edited:
Royal Pines is a good shout for those going to a game (who have a car!). Relaxing and slower paced weekend than one involving Surfers and busses.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fox Footy... Just how much our new facilities have already helped.

“They were poor and archaic the facilities the Suns had up until February. You already notice the players since they moved in, the smiles on their faces, more players stay longer, more players come in after hours and on weekends and during their time off.

“You think it’d aid rehab, recovery and performance and, possibly down the track, aid player retention as well as attracting players.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gar...s/news-story/f8c16745700f812e14c3d9525dcd1296

Stadium is fantastic but they need to sort out parking. Some people can;t get the bus (e.g. very young kids like me).
We knew parking is tight, but there is no signage or anyone to help. We followed the traffic towards the golf club to be told it was full, that we could not turn around, and that the best they could advise was we do a 3km loop and try again.
If I were a local and it were my first time, I might not come again.

P.s. great performance by your boys.

Stadium is fantastic but they need to sort out parking. Some people can;t get the bus (e.g. very young kids like me).
We knew parking is tight, but there is no signage or anyone to help. We followed the traffic towards the golf club to be told it was full, that we could not turn around, and that the best they could advise was we do a 3km loop and try again.
If I were a local and it were my first time, I might not come again.

P.s. great performance by your boys.

Parking is an issue but all the locals are pretty well informed that there is no official parking at the Stadium
It's on every motorway alert North and South on gameday for starters
The problem is the only way in is the buses and I agree if you have young kids its not easy

what are they doing with the land opposite the stadium? Maybe they could make that into parking

what are they doing with the land opposite the stadium? Maybe they could make that into parking
The cost would be enormous for something used only 10 times a year. Money better spent on getting the light rail to the stadium or a dedicated bus lane from Nearang station to Broadbeach

Does anyone know if the light rail is going to be at the stadium for the commonwealth games next season? And if not are there going to be the buses from broadbeach to metricon?

Does anyone know if the light rail is going to be at the stadium for the commonwealth games next season? And if not are there going to be the buses from broadbeach to metricon?

No it wont be light rail. Highly likely to be busses from all the major hubs though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back