Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Long term I feel that Gibcus has the the athletic talent to be an elite key forward (so maybe you consider a Blight or a Mutaz in your MSD mix)

Bella is an interesting one for me ... hasn't kicked many goals before last week but has been playing for Coburg so how many opportunities does he get each week ... so with the MSD being a commitment for half a season and our VFL side getting a lot of football into the front half ... you could take him with a second or third pick and find out where he is at with decent supply.

That is one of the upsides with Howe ... he has kicked 8 from 5 games including two 3 goal hauls on a Panthers team that hasn't won a game ... selected as the overage player in the U18 South Australian team you would find out through that tournament where he is at but with 13 teams having MSD picks I would be surprised if he lasted

Scaife has kicked 8 from 5 games also ... though the difference is that all of his goals are on leads or out the back ...

But to answer your question ... if Howe is gone I would be picking Stephenson from Collingwood with the first pick ... he tackles he can take a pack mark and he can play in the same side as a Lynch Balta and Lefau ... and the Lachlan Hosie with our second (out with a broken hand for the next 5 weeks) ...

But who knows what the club is thinking ... needing goal kicking and we are playing Bauer in the back pocket on his return to VFL??
Thanks mate and excellent insight as usual from you.

Another player I'd like us to be looking at is Joel Trudgeon from Coburg. Still only 21 years old and is a strong inside midfielder who is averaging 26 disposals 5 clearances & 8.5 tackles a game in the VFL this year. Was listed at 185cm & 90kg when he was draft eligible back in 2021.

Another player I'd like us to be looking at is Joel Trudgeon from Coburg. Still only 21 years old and is a strong inside midfielder who is averaging 26 disposals 5 clearances & 8.5 tackles a game in the VFL this year. Was listed at 185cm & 90kg when he was draft eligible back in 2021.
He's had a big year and i mentioned him pregame. I still think he's a bit pedestrian and would struggle at the next level. He's a hard working type .

BElla scaife Howe all look to have potential and all <21yo . For mine I reckon scaife looks to be best prospect but would be happy with any of these
I like the back story of Scalfe. Didn’t get picked up so got fitter and stronger and had a real crack. Bella seems to be the same in that it took some time for him to get his head in the game. To me these are the type of player that really want to play and are the type of player the MSD was made for. Maybe they have found their level in the lower leagues or maybe they are a hidden gem. Let’s hope we find a gem.

I like the back story of Scalfe. Didn’t get picked up so got fitter and stronger and had a real crack. Bella seems to be the same in that it took some time for him to get his head in the game. To me these are the type of player that really want to play and are the type of player the MSD was made for. Maybe they have found their level in the lower leagues or maybe they are a hidden gem. Let’s hope we find a gem.
Howe has been injured with stress back and fell thru cracks

Hutchison wasn’t that impressive in the pies VFL game. 10 possies and that’s it.

Mate ... it's the MSD ... no-one is that impressive lol
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

These are the blokes that were passed in at the National Draft and the Rookie draft ... some for years and years in a row ... some have been selected before in the MSD and many have trained with clubs during the SSP and not been selected ... they are the blokes that no-one saw being in the top 40 players at their club previously ...so yes ... none are that impressive ... Pickett has been the biggest success of the MSD ... and there are pages and pages of people calling for him to be delisted ...

RCD 31 disposals 10 clearances 4 marks 2 tackles

If only he got half a dozen games in a row to establish himself

Jasper Scaife 2 disposals 1 tackle 1 goal to half time against the Eagles reserves with West Perth leading by 51 points

Noah Howes 4 disposals 2 marks 1 tackle 1 hitout 1.1 in South Adelaide 5 point loss today

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the rules with the MSD. Are they on a 6 month contract or can they nominate their terms? Sorry if this has been asked already.

What are the rules with the MSD. Are they on a 6 month contract or can they nominate their terms? Sorry if this has been asked already.
I believe the players can nominate for either 6 or 18 month contracts in the MSD. For example Bradke was selected in the SSP and was released at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back