Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

This is officially the best we have looked since I have started following the team in 2011ish.
Maybe when Butler was rolling before he hurt his knee is the only exception.

just a joy to watch now with smart two way players, a real defensive anchor and a deep bench but most of all a legit closer in Edwards.
If you missed todays game watch the replay.

Its continuing to come together at the right time, would be on an even bigger roll if the refs didn't hand Boston the game last week and Prince didn't throw the game away against Chicago.

and things were just starting to come together
We've made our bed throughout the season, so have to cop a lot of the blame here, but * it sucks that the whole team has copped gastro at this stage. That plus the injury to Naz (who was a finalist for player of the week a couple weeks back - in serious form) has completely derailed us. Hopefully we can find form again.

and things were just starting to come together
8d40022bbb0a7bb2a3bde590ea479c66.jpg

Classic Minnesota. Never a dull moment. Jmac fracture will hurt the most.
Yeah, the scuffle honestly doesn't phase me at all. Not ideal but at least there's passion and intensity.

McDaniels, though...his anger has cost us games throughout the season and now might send us out of the playoffs before they even begin. Infuriating.

Yeah, the scuffle honestly doesn't phase me at all. Not ideal but at least there's passion and intensity.

McDaniels, though...his anger has cost us games throughout the season and now might send us out of the playoffs before they even begin. Infuriating.
Don't blame him for this one. Until he moves to golden state he wont get those calls where opponents absolutely scrag him. He has to retaliate and hope they don't flop to get his arms free

Don't blame him for this one. Until he moves to golden state he wont get those calls where opponents absolutely scrag him. He has to retaliate and hope they don't flop to get his arms free
You don't blame him for punching a wall and breaking two fingers the game before the play-in?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last couple of month he's gotten a reputation of a temper. Players have purposely grabbed/scragged him to get a reaction and he's often not given those calls, you look at what he did and you go "Why did he throw Nance off him?" But it was the third time in 3 minute Nance has tied him up like that,

Refs need to do a better job at reffing better, yes dumb, but Refs also ref on reputation over play, Rudy's 2 moving screens against portland were pretty much Half of what Draymond gets away with every game. Again, nothing, Because It's Rudy, It's reffed way too far, Jadens copped it a lot last 20 games, He's fustraited, Refs need to protect the guy going for the ball.

Classic Timberwolves loss. You could see it coming.
Hurts more to have lost like that with three of our rotation sitting on the pine, two of which were entirely avoidable.

The way our offence just freezes up is a sight to behold. What the hell is that?

Hurts more to have lost like that with three of our rotation sitting on the pine, two of which were entirely avoidable.

The way our offence just freezes up is a sight to behold. What the hell is that?
missing Rudy/Naz minutes

Towns was gassed by halfway during the third, Sure hes come in and shot numbers, but hes hardly had to defend the premier big and put big offensive numbers out since hes been back, was just tired, You can tell that with Edwards/Towns

Hopefully OKC and Pelicans play a grueling game and we come off fresh

So - where do we go from here?

Do we hold firm and hope that we get more than 7 games of our five best players together next season, and that this fixes many of the issues? Do we need to blow it up and trade KAT?

We should try to get NAW back - he was great to end the season and really grew into that 3&D role. With JMac, Anderson, NAW, Prince and Minott, we have a nice rotation at 3/4.

Bringing back Reid would be nice but sadly it's hard to see how that happens.

I don't see any way Nowell is back and that's probably a good thing. Guard is definitely the weak point. McLachlan completely forgot how to play basketball in the playoffs which is a worry, but irrespective of that, we need more ball handling and shot creation at guard.

So - where do we go from here?

Do we hold firm and hope that we get more than 7 games of our five best players together next season, and that this fixes many of the issues? Do we need to blow it up and trade KAT?

We should try to get NAW back - he was great to end the season and really grew into that 3&D role. With JMac, Anderson, NAW, Prince and Minott, we have a nice rotation at 3/4.

Bringing back Reid would be nice but sadly it's hard to see how that happens.

I don't see any way Nowell is back and that's probably a good thing. Guard is definitely the weak point. McLachlan completely forgot how to play basketball in the playoffs which is a worry, but irrespective of that, we need more ball handling and shot creation at guard.
NAW will be back IMO. Yep can’t see us holding onto Naz there will be Some nice offers

Not a fan of Nowell?

Not a fan of Nowell?
I think he's been hugely disappointing. He's shown zero signs of being a reliable scorer or defender. Pair that with an unwillingness to pass and dreadful shot selection and I think he's a really bad fit with this group.

I hope they trade KAT i simply don't see him as a winning player plus it's the only feasible way to recoup some value after the gobert mess and to free up some cap space for NAZ and NAW. reading between the lines of connelly's exit interview it sounds like he's probably going to the wizards. kind of impressed with the balls on the guy ngl.

What value are we getting for Kat? 3 future firsts hitting pick 20?

We've kinda done the "Win now" move, Unless we getting Pascal for Kat it makes absolutely zero sense as Conley will be 34, Gobert 31 next year, Ant/Daniels 22/23 but, Whats the point in moving KAT for "Assets" When those Assets are Sweet F all and will net us. 3 future firsts are sent 3 years in advance when you hope the team is going to be done and back to the bottom in a chance to win a title, Is anyone whos going to pay 3 firsts and 50m for KAT there? Absolutely not.

We're better off selling completely low on Gobert for a first then trading KAT for 3. Gm's dont operate like they do on 2k. Unless Prokhorov buys Portland it's moves on the margin rather then these "Trade KAT and we get all assets back thats how it works!"

What value are we getting for Kat? 3 future firsts hitting pick 20?

We've kinda done the "Win now" move, Unless we getting Pascal for Kat it makes absolutely zero sense as Conley will be 34, Gobert 31 next year, Ant/Daniels 22/23 but, Whats the point in moving KAT for "Assets" When those Assets are Sweet F all and will net us. 3 future firsts are sent 3 years in advance when you hope the team is going to be done and back to the bottom in a chance to win a title, Is anyone whos going to pay 3 firsts and 50m for KAT there? Absolutely not.

We're better off selling completely low on Gobert for a first then trading KAT for 3. Gm's dont operate like they do on 2k. Unless Prokhorov buys Portland it's moves on the margin rather then these "Trade KAT and we get all assets back thats how it works!"
Given we didn't really get much of a look of the team together this season I think you back them in for the next one. If things don't pick up, that's when you look at something drastic like clearing the decks for Ant/JMac.

Given we didn't really get much of a look of the team together this season I think you back them in for the next one. If things don't pick up, that's when you look at something drastic like clearing the decks for Ant/JMac.
It's moves within the Margin,

Conley Comes off in 24/25 but honestly, McDaniels is going to be 30M

What else? We need to find a PG whos about 10-15M a year, Then somehow some extra wings, It's a bit brutal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back