News Mitch Clark has retired from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

My son drew a picture of Mitch Clark and Nathan Jones this morning and asked if we could send it to him. The big fella really sparked his intrest in AFL (that and the fact Nathan Jones looks like his dad and poppy, only cause we're all bald). I just told him Clark retired and he didn't care that he would never see Clark play live he just wanted to make sure he was ok.
All our thoughts should be with Mitchs recovery even though there is no gain in it for us

Gvtu7d6.jpg

:(

Did he play in any wins at Melbourne. Genuine question, and I assume the answer is yes but I had to think.

Did he play in any wins at Melbourne. Genuine question, and I assume the answer is yes but I had to think.
1 against Essendon and 2 against GWS where he injured himself

Personal health and well being > football.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Glad everyone is such an expert on mental illness, definitely put my mind at ease :rolleyes:

In the end it's a sad day for the MFC, and for Mitch. At the time we landed the best forward in the draft and finally did something that made almost every member and supporter stand up and took notice. Like someone previously stated at least it didn't drag out and we can focus on a new main target.

Hope he gets better...but I still don't understand how people getting paid $700+k a year get depressed. I've been to countries where people there are eating scraps of food off the ground like a dog, wife has gone, kids are in organised crime, daughter has turned to prostitution - THAT is something to get depressed about.

Jesus Christ, are you serious? This frustrates me to no end. I hope you're not trolling. Read up on depression before making such silly comments.

Sorry for the intrusion... had to reply.

I wish Mitch all the very best for his future.

One of my favourite memories was when he went over to the cheer squad after the Essendon win and grabbed the jumper (it's in that famous photo of him. I'm in it on the fence).

His contribution may have been brief but it was fun to watch when he was on the field.

I hope we do something for him not only sometime this season (when he's ready) but at the best and fairest too.

Will be welcomed back, always.

He wasn't here long but he'll always be an MFC player to me, and probably to many others. Hard to recall somebody being accepted into the fold as quickly as he was.

Memories of him lining up on the boundary line, throwing plastic chairs out of the way like nobody's business, then going back and slotting the goal.

Wish him all the best in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wasn't here long but he'll always be an MFC player to me, and probably to many others. Hard to recall somebody being accepted into the fold as quickly as he was.

Memories of him lining up on the boundary line, throwing plastic chairs out of the way like nobody's business, then going back and slotting the goal.

Wish him all the best in the future.

Probably gave us some of the better memories over the past 4 years

The last thing anyone wanted was for this guy to keep heading down that dark road, because there is rarely a way home once you reach a certain point.

Footy is a game at the end of the day.

He was amazing for us when he was out there. Such a shame we will never see that again.

I really, really hope Dawes can step up. Both him and in-turn Hogan, have become even more important to the fwd line now.

Sadly only a fleeting appearance in the Red and Blue, but the times he was out on the park did give some good memories. I remember going to the round 2 game in 2012 at Subi against West Coast (where we got annihilated). Mitch was a shining light on a very bleak day.

All the best Mitch. I hope you work through issues you're facing and come out the other side. We're all thinking of you. As many have already said; Health and wellbeing > football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back