News Mitch Clark has retired from AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of luck to him and his family. Now we have a whole year to track down another potential forward. Get on it Roos and co.

Shattered, loved watching Mitch play! Wish him all the best for the future and hopefully he can now focus on building a new career in photography.

Wish the beat for Clark. Mental illness is a horrible thing hopefully he I'd taking the steps to help deal with his issues.

Sad day but it can and will get better for him, wishing him luck

All the best champ. He gave us a glimmer of hope but guess it just wasn't to be.

If this is true, would his contract be ended or would he still get paid?

Since he's breaking contract it will be terminated. While the club should offer support to him we cannot and shouldn't be paying out the remainder of his contract. It's an unnecessary cost on a club which is trying to make itself viable again.

All the best Mitch hope you find success and happiness in whatever direction you choose to take your life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shame we couldn't pull a Hawthorn and trade him for 2 first rounders before anyone found out about his condition.

Thats a bit uncalled for.

I was a big fan of Mitch when he was at Brisbane, its a shame we'll possibly never see him again, at least for a while.

Since he's breaking contract it will be terminated. While the club should offer support to him we cannot and shouldn't be paying out the remainder of his contract. It's an unnecessary cost on a club which is trying to make itself viable again.

All the best Mitch hope you find success and happiness in whatever direction you choose to take your life.

I just read the news and am still taken aback. As a Collingwood supporter I've been keeping an eye on your forward line after Dawes switched clubs and I thought Mitch would have been the no.1 target eventually.
Well it seems it wasnt meant to be. I hope he's doing alright as battling with depression is extremely taxing.
I mean absolutely no disrespect in saying this as this is a thread about Mitch but as far things go on field I think Hogan/Dawes will be a good combination so not all is lost from that viewpoint.
It's a real shame Clark isn't able to continue playing as he was shaping as a star and tore a few games apart in his short career. Lets hope he can find his way back to good health and perhaps one day return to AFL footy.

Hope he gets better...but I still don't understand how people getting paid $700+k a year get depressed. I've been to countries where people there are eating scraps of food off the ground like a dog, wife has gone, kids are in organised crime, daughter has turned to prostitution - THAT is something to get depressed about.

Hope he gets better...but I still don't understand how people getting paid $700+k a year get depressed. I've been to countries where people there are eating scraps of food off the ground like a dog, wife has gone, kids are in organised crime, daughter has turned to prostitution - THAT is something to get depressed about.
Depression=chemical balance, not circumstantial perspective.

Clinical depression, a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes you to stop finding joy in life, no matter how good or bad your situation is. Read up on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back