Mr Rucci says: Show your faces

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Must pride himself on upsetting Crow supporters ... that's why we should not take him to seriously ... I'm more concerned about him putting of prospective coaches with the Craig propoganda.

Personally, IMO Mr. Rucci doesn't deserve the accolade of being an 'influential' journalist.

IMO I believe the dice have already been rolled.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
Must pride himself on upsetting Crow supporters ... that's why we should not take him to seriously ... I'm more concerned about him putting of prospective coaches with the Craig propoganda.

And that's part of why we continue it... it's a cycle.

*WE are angry at him and others in the SA media for pushing Craig's barrow so hard and thus potentially dissuading interstate candidates.

*RUCCI cracks the sads, continues publishing more print regarding "splinter groups" and "unofficial match committees."

*WE react to this and so on and so forth.

It's the circle of life, Hakuna Matata and all that...

Originally posted by rainmage
...an intellectual Adelaide supporter...
That's a tautology, rainmage ;)

I don't think they will necessarily take "10-12 weeks"; I think they've set a public deadline of after round 22 so they don't get sucked in to too much debate about "when?" before then, and especially since unlike the other clubs they'd (possibly) be announcing the replacement of their current (albeit interim) coach. If it sorts out before then, then maybe they'll announce (or be in a situation where they have to announce). But it's better to set a late deadline and come in early, than to set an early one, or be vague and invite speculation.

(OK, the downside of that is now they get a different sort of speculation!)

As I've said before, I don't think "Richmond might announce first" is really such a big issue. If Wallace (or Eade) wants to seriously consider the Adelaide job he won't just take the first offer because it's there. On the other hand if they genuinely prefer the Richmond or Hawthorn job (and the fact that they don't have to move states is one consideration) then they'll take it whether we have an offer on the table or not.

Originally posted by arrowman
That's a tautology, rainmage ;)

I don't think they will necessarily take "10-12 weeks"; I think they've set a public deadline of after round 22 so they don't get sucked in to too much debate about "when?" before then, and especially since unlike the other clubs they'd (possibly) be announcing the replacement of their current (albeit interim) coach. If it sorts out before then, then maybe they'll announce (or be in a situation where they have to announce). But it's better to set a late deadline and come in early, than to set an early one, or be vague and invite speculation.

(OK, the downside of that is now they get a different sort of speculation!)

As I've said before, I don't think "Richmond might announce first" is really such a big issue. If Wallace (or Eade) wants to seriously consider the Adelaide job he won't just take the first offer because it's there. On the other hand if they genuinely prefer the Richmond or Hawthorn job (and the fact that they don't have to move states is one consideration) then they'll take it whether we have an offer on the table or not.

Appreciated the ;) arrowman yeah probably rite.

Please tell me why it is better to wait if you have already decided on the right choice for your Organisation? It doesn't make sense.

In the coaching climate at the moment, isn't it better (after all processes) to appoint the man immediately?

Another quick point, IMO I believe that either Wallace or Eade would rather coach the crows due to the state-of-the-art facilities the Club has to offer the players. ***** rating and the best prep. any AFL side could get.

Could only benefit an innovative and forward-thinking coach.

But it's better to set a late deadline and come in early, than to set an early one, or be vague and invite speculation.

Now that I dont have a problem with. They are saying Sept (I originally thought it would be October) and that's fine.

However, its now been 6 weeks since Ayers was sacked.

There are only 4 contenders outside of the club (Wallace, Eade, O'Donnell, Harvey) that we need to bring in and interview. We've only invited one of those blokes over for an interview in that time.

As others have stated, we havent adapted to the climate.

Should it really take 6 weeks to interview 4 people (not inc Craig)?

It just seems too slow for mine, esp when we have been up to Brisbane (could have spoken to O'Donnell) and everyone knew GA's contract was up (Canaries singing for sometime before Round 20 as well).

I have no problems with them saying they will announce it in September, I'd just like to see them use the time they have more effectively.

rainmage, I don't think it's a matter of "waiting when you've already decided" , just a matter of going through the full process before you decide. It's been 5 weeks now since Ayres left, and all other things aside, another 2-3 weeks would be quite normal, I'd say.

But, there are other influences - obviously, other clubs looking at the same candidates and offers starting to flow. You just have to work through the situation and deal with issues as they arise. You hope that you can stick to your own timetable but you don't let that get in the way of making the right decision. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying "ideally we'd like to do it at round 22 but we'll see how it pans out". I don't think saying (as Richmond in particular seem to be doing) "we'll do it ASAP" is very sensible.

Jerome, you make a fair point. I'd be worried if the only interviews / discussion they have had to date, have been the ones that are public knowledge ;) and I hope that's not the case.

Thing is, though, you don't know exactly what has been said behind closed doors. For all we know, Terry Wallace may have told Adelaide he wasn't interested, that it was Richmond/Hawthorn or nothing for him, and that's why there's been no ongoing interviews. Or whatever.

I don't believe (I don't want to believe) that for all the home-town parochialism about "our boy Neil" that the AFC heavies have actually been stupid enough to be sitting on their bums all this time. Maybe they've just been better at keeping things in house than the other clubs (how hard is it to keep things from Rucci? :) )

I think Rucci is 100% right, if we are prepared to stand by our opinions, then do just that. obviously I can't meet him - will be holidaying in sunny provence :D - but am prepared to stump up.

Roo dog, can you PM me his email address, I would be happy to explain who I am, and what my position is.

the basics of which are available in the intro sticky. if anyone wants to know themselves, I will happy to share.

Originally posted by RooDog
Mr Rucci has agreed to meet with the members of this board...

he just has to get back to me with a time that is best for him soon and then perhaps it could be organised??? who would come from here?
Yep for sure.
It might be a bit pointless without macca23 and stiffy_18 though,
as you all know I am pro Craig,,,,No story there.

Jerome, you make a fair point. I'd be worried if the only interviews / discussion they have had to date, have been the ones that are public knowledge ;) and I hope that's not the case.

Thing is, though, you don't know exactly what has been said behind closed doors. For all we know, Terry Wallace may have told Adelaide he wasn't interested, that it was Richmond/Hawthorn or nothing for him, and that's why there's been no ongoing interviews. Or whatever.

I don't believe (I don't want to believe) that for all the home-town parochialism about "our boy Neil" that the AFC heavies have actually been stupid enough to be sitting on their bums all this time. Maybe they've just been better at keeping things in house than the other clubs (how hard is it to keep things from Rucci? :) )

The problem lies with the AFC, not Wallace.

Adelaide are asking the candidates to lay their game plan on the table - how they would actually coach the Crows - so that they can see if that sits with the directions the club wants to take.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Wallace is prepared to do that, but on one condition only - that he is told unreservedly that he is the number one candidate from outside the club i.e. other than Neil Craig. He doesn't want to give his game plan away unless he is assured that he is a genuine candidate.

But here's the crunch. Good old Adelaide - gold old snail-like Adelaide - is limping its way through the "process", and isn't in a position to do that, or won't do that. After all, there must be a pool of 342, 567 genuine candidates to coach the Crows, isn't there?? :rolleyes:

There is something wrong with that.

And that's why I've just watched Terry Wallace on Fox in a discussion as to where he is exactly at with the Richmond and Hawthorn coaching positions, with zero discussion of what should be the plum position - Adelaide. :rolleyes:

Maybe they've just been better at keeping things in house than the other clubs (how hard is it to keep things from Rucci? :) )

Prior to June 21 it was very hard to keep things from Rucci.

Keeping things in house has not been a strong point of the Canar..I mean, Crows in 2004!

mind you, those little birdies havent sung much sine June 21 have they? i wonder why?

Originally posted by macca23
The problem lies with the AFC, not Wallace.

Adelaide are asking the candidates to lay their game plan on the table - how they would actually coach the Crows - so that they can see if that sits with the directions the club wants to take.

Wallace is prepared to do that, but on one condition only - that he is told unreservedly that he is the number one candidate from outside the club i.e. other than Neil Craig. He doesn't want to give his game plan away unless he is assured that he is a genuine candidate.

But here's the crunch. Good old Adelaide - gold old snail-like Adelaide - is limping its way through the "process", and isn't in a position to do that, or won't do that. After all, there must be a pool of 342, 567 genuine candidates to coach the Crows, isn't there?? :rolleyes:

There is something wrong with that.

And that's why I've just watched Terry Wallace on Fox in a discussion as to where he is exactly at with the Richmond and Hawthorn coaching positions, with zero discussion of what should be the plum position - Adelaide. :rolleyes:
Sounds like for whatever reason Wallace isn't interested in coming to Adelaide.

Eade however still sounds keen.

Haven't heard anything from O'Donnell.

heres some proof im not rucci:

USA188.jpg

im on the left in the red top! its me n my brother in Hawaii at a performance with one of the performers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by dyertribe
The photo has been up for nearly 10 minutes and yet noone has made a wisecrack about a lei? ;)

well thats normally where you come in....

your the comedian on this board;) :p

heres some proof im not rucci:

USA188.jpg

im on the left in the red top! its me n my brother in Hawaii at a performance with one of the performers!

Why did you have trouble posting an image before, yet now you have a fully fledged US-based hosted site which you can store your pictures on?

:cool:

Originally posted by spindoctor
Why did you have trouble posting an image before, yet now you have a fully fledged US-based hosted site which you can store your pictures on?

:cool:

coz i didnt put it on that site....

some one else did it for me...

they know who they are and thanks to them;)

Sure bud.

You are Rucci! :D

I have gleaned from my sources the information that 'Roo-chi' has the nickname 'Roo-dawg' - the simlarities are too close for my liking.

coz i didnt put it on that site....

some one else did it for me...

they know who they are and thanks to them;)

you are welcome! :D

surely you are the one in the middle though... :p

Originally posted by Jerome
Now that I dont have a problem with. They are saying Sept (I originally thought it would be October) and that's fine.

However, its now been 6 weeks since Ayers was sacked.

There are only 4 contenders outside of the club (Wallace, Eade, O'Donnell, Harvey) that we need to bring in and interview. We've only invited one of those blokes over for an interview in that time.

As others have stated, we havent adapted to the climate.

Should it really take 6 weeks to interview 4 people (not inc Craig)?

It just seems too slow for mine, esp when we have been up to Brisbane (could have spoken to O'Donnell) and everyone knew GA's contract was up (Canaries singing for sometime before Round 20 as well).

I have no problems with them saying they will announce it in September, I'd just like to see them use the time they have more effectively.

Great post Jerome.

Agree with all of those points.

Personally O'Donnell would be my choice, and that we didn't speak to him when we played the Lions is very frustrating.

Its ok for Trigg to say we are being thorough, but I would have thought that would mean getting the process through quickly considering there are two other clubs after a senior coach who are already actively searching.

We threw the three week advantage we had over Richmond down the drain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back