My position as pessimistic sod on this board entitles me to inform you all...

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We were in a better position at this stage last year.

8-5 heading into the game against a woeful Melbourne side. We all know weevil doomed our season that day and we collapsed in a heap during the second half of the year. Again.

So let's leave our name off the cup for now. We are one win ahead of 9th. That is the gap i'm interested in - not the difference between us and 5th. Totally irrelevent. We are still missing half our spine, our 3 best defenders and a couple of key mids. Selwood and Clark look in a lot of trouble as well.

Great win though. :thumbsu:

My God. You are a negative sod aren't you?

Great effort today from your team.

hahaha Warwick, I can see this becoming a thread that will be bumped every now and again.

Bumped by the majority when we have a good win or two, and bumped by yourself when we have a ciouple of shockers.

FWIW, pi$$ off for now, lets all sing the praises of the young blokes for a day or two.

13 days until we meet Melbourne for the first time in a H&A hame since Weevil disgraced himself.:D

13 days until we meet Melbourne for the first time in a H&A hame since Weevil disgraced himself.:D
He should of dead set carded himself if he was fair dinkum about being a moderator. Disgraceful act, up there with the Trevor Chappell underarm incident.

He should of dead set carded himself if he was fair dinkum about being a moderator. Disgraceful act, up there with the Trevor Chappell underarm incident.

Agreed.

We were in a better position at this stage last year.

8-5 heading into the game against a woeful Melbourne side. We all know weevil doomed our season that day and we collapsed in a heap during the second half of the year. Again.

So let's leave our name off the cup for now. We are one win ahead of 9th. That is the gap i'm interested in - not the difference between us and 5th. Totally irrelevent. We are still missing half our spine, our 3 best defenders and a couple of key mids. Selwood and Clark look in a lot of trouble as well.

Great win though. :thumbsu:

jesus christ do you sound like my old man.
Clark just tight and not an issue at all- voss interview after the game

Furthermore, i'd say winning missing half our spine with all 3 guys expected to be back for round 13 is an absolute positive.
key mids? dalziel and who....trappa? he'll be lucky to get into our side the way were travelling.

most definately a glass half full

Correct. Dog act.

But spot on Warwick. We haven't achieved anything and if we take don't go in hard against Melbourne we will see the same result.

What did Weevil do last year?
I would find the post for you, but I can't muster up the courage to revisit the incident head on. If you REALLY want to know, search through the Melbourne game thread of last year. Round 14 I think it was, around 4:40pm.

In the Melbourne game, when Bradshaw put us two goals clear in the last term, Weevil posted the fat lady. The rest is history.

Much like our season from that point...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Warwick to an extent.

No champaigne being opened here.

But with the position we are in going to the break, nothing short of a finals appearnence will be no longer exceptable. I started the year with a whatever happens happens approach. Now the bar has been set higher.

Great win today and GO LIONS:thumbsu:

For the record I honestly believe we let a top 4 chance slip last year. The way we are finishing games this year, I don't think we will waste the start this year. Although top 4 is not in my thoughts at this stage.

I feel an abuse of supermod powers coming up soon.

I feel the anger in you growing young Skywalker.

Strike me down with all your hate and your journey to the dark side will be complete;)

I feel the anger in you growing young Skywalker.

Strike me down with all your hate and your journey to the dark side will be complete;)

Okay then.

iloveweevil.jpg

After experiencing another intolerable loss v Blues, I confess to officially losing it last week and, in despair, called for ' a scalp pronto ' or we'll be bent over and probed until new years.

Hey - couldn't ask for a better one than the puffed up poultry from VFL Park. Way too much strutting ..

My only excuse was the fact that I can't stand Blues braying donkeys ( and fortunately have been spared that for some years now ) .. if I get another 'We're Cuming .." call, .. just use a klennex, tidy yourselves up and we can all just forget it ever happened. There's a web site for that sort of specific fetish ..

The focus now has got to be the Cats at home. Yes - they did save our game from the Swan/Eagles slugathons but they have weaknesses and insecurities ...

.. and PLEASE deliver at the G. We have to crush the Bombers, otherwise you'll be hearing from me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back