NAB Round 3 v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to start building winning combinations..and I think you can only do that by playing together over and over and over.
I'm just a footy fan with an outsiders opinion, but winning anything for us..or at least being competitive should be goals in themselves
I just get the impression Bluey approaches the NAB Cup like he would if he was coaching Collingwood
You're probably right about the effect of a NAB Cup on the casual footy supporter though...I guess you can be too close at times.

I think it is a damn shame next Friday nights NAB granny isn't going to be played at Metricon, with the Gabba out of action due to cricket. Would have been a good money/publicity spinner for the Suns and allowed more Lions supporters to travel to the game, as the Crows hosted last years GF.

I think it is a damn shame next Friday nights NAB granny isn't going to be played at Metricon, with the Gabba out of action due to cricket. Would have been a good money/publicity spinner for the Suns and allowed more Lions supporters to travel to the game, as the Crows hosted last years GF.

So as I did not watch the 2nd half because of stream issues, what I saw in the first half and what I just read is eye opening. I think after three preseason games we can all now suss out one thing. Who on this board is supportive of a developing side and who are fairweather fans who only want to live in a world of misery and agony.

It sickens me to think that you'd expect a team of sub-50 gamers with some major exclusions and people being subbed off early, who are being managed in the pre-season game, and who are going against the REIGNING GRAND FINAL WINNERS in their first full squad hitout of the preseason. This was a game they knew they'd win and win handily, hence why they used it for a tune up game.

I am not going to name names here. You know who you are. Stop dropping negativity bombs on the forum midway thru a game and then point fingers and get all defensive when people challenge you. Get on the bandwagon or get off, I really don't care....but this blow with the wind crap is pretty tired.

Also the difference between Malthouse taking over for Ratten and someone taking over for us? Any new coach is taking over the 17th side in the comp. Malthouse took over a team that should have made the 8 if they didn't lay down against us. If you think Paul Roos is going to save you, why did Sydney sack him and win another premiership. Why didnt Port, Melbourne, WB, Richmond, GWS, Brisbane or any of these clubs that have struggled in the last few years sack their own coaches and pick him up?

Seriously. In the immortal words of Allen Iverson. It's Practice. PRAC-TICE.

So as I did not watch the 2nd half because of stream issues, what I saw in the first half and what I just read is eye opening. I think after three preseason games we can all now suss out one thing. Who on this board is supportive of a developing side and who are fairweather fans who only want to live in a world of misery and agony.

It sickens me to think that you'd expect a team of sub-50 gamers with some major exclusions and people being subbed off early, who are being managed in the pre-season game, and who are going against the REIGNING GRAND FINAL WINNERS in their first full squad hitout of the preseason. This was a game they knew they'd win and win handily, hence why they used it for a tune up game.

I am not going to name names here. You know who you are. Stop dropping negativity bombs on the forum midway thru a game and then point fingers and get all defensive when people challenge you. Get on the bandwagon or get off, I really don't care....but this blow with the wind crap is pretty tired.

Also the difference between Malthouse taking over for Ratten and someone taking over for us? Any new coach is taking over the 17th side in the comp. Malthouse took over a team that should have made the 8 if they didn't lay down against us. If you think Paul Roos is going to save you, why did Sydney sack him and win another premiership. Why didnt Port, Melbourne, WB, Richmond, GWS, Brisbane or any of these clubs that have struggled in the last few years sack their own coaches and pick him up?

Seriously. In the immortal words of Allen Iverson. It's Practice. PRAC-TICE.

Couldn't have put it any better mate. Love your passion and BIG respect for what you just said.

This is the pre-season, for all you Paul Roos fans out there, I remember him telling a player on the sidelines of a NAB cup game to miss the goal so you can see how seriously he takes it! Think about that!

It is a Mickey Mouse game, it does not matter.

To tell the truth, this board is becoming a not so nice place to be! What is it with the internet and the making of trolls who voice histrionic opinions based on nothing but ignorance and stupidity?

I believe we are looking good, I believe that we will be competitive in our first game and will win a bag of them this year. And this is based on what I have seen this NAB cup.

What is it with the internet and the making of trolls who voice histrionic opinions based on nothing but ignorance and stupidity?

I find that pretty offensive to be honest from someone who joined in 2011 and has 46 posts
Lets catch up at the first home and away
I'll be with Iva in the Gold Reserve with with our families where we've been since the club started
Maybe we could swap yarns about our playing days and footy heritage too
That would be fun.

I have to agree with the sentiment that the NAB cup is set up to give clubs a chance to get ready for the real deal.

While i see benefits of performing well, the results are quickly forgotten come round 1.

It was also unrealistic to expect a win against the Swans given the GCS outs and that the Swans are reigning premiers.

It would seem that the bench mark for success in 2013 will be winning around the 4-6 games and being competitive. Hopefully when there is a loss the fans keep things in perspective.

From the little that has been televised it appears things are moving in the right direction.

Hang in there fans as it is a long season!!!!

Some posters need to realize that if you tear down the club that people love and ask for a Coach change after one bad quarter in the NAB Cup, you're going to come under fire. Just remember that you're going to be genuinely upsetting others when you say stuff like that, which in turn will make us lose them. This is not what any of us want. It doesn't make for a nice place to read and visit.

Negative comments are of course fine, but if all you're doing is ripping into the club after bad games, the Coach or players and saying how terrible we are, while ignoring all the positives, that is grounds for a board ban. Other boards have banned for less. Just be aware of it.

So Stephen Kernaghan doe
Some posters need to realize that if you tear down the club that people love and ask for a Coach change after one bad quarter in the NAB Cup, you're going to come under fire. Just remember that you're going to be genuinely upsetting others when you say stuff like that, which in turn will make us lose them. This is not what any of us want. It doesn't make for a nice place to read and visit.

Negative comments are of course fine, but if all you're doing is ripping into the club after bad games, the Coach or players and saying how terrible we are, while ignoring all the positives, that is grounds for a board ban. Other boards have banned for less. Just be aware of it.

Oh great
So it's come to this
Getting threatened with banning by a kid from the east coast of the USA on an AFL footy fan site
No need Sunny
I'm gone

I have to agree with Sandy, killing a reasonable conversation with mod threats is a bit tough. Sunny you must understand that supporters such as Sandy, Iva and myself have spent big $$$ purchasing family memberships each year to support the club on game days, we are the few supporters that attend club family days and open training sessions. We do more than our fair share promoting and supporting our club. I live on the Goldy and constantly defend the club to workmates and friends and actively try to get them to attend games, even though we play 2nd fiddle to the Titans in a rugby state. I just ask and expect our team to give 110% every time they take the field, no matter the match, and I feel we haven't this NAB Cup. So questions must be asked and possible solutions suggested. There is no harm in that.

It's a bit hasty to make such negative calls about a game that was unwatchable. Even in the first quater in the game against North. I really didn't think we played that badly. They landed about 4 goals from outside 50 and it wasn't as on sided as the score line portrayed. NAB cup after all is still pratice and we can still take away positives from that game. We are in much better shape than last year and here's hoping for a few more wins this year. Up Suns!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Stephen Kernaghan doe

Oh great
So it's come to this
Getting threatened with banning by a kid from the east coast of the USA on an AFL footy fan site
No need Sunny
I'm gone

It is not easy being a moderator, in your own words "banning by a kid", I read your board a lot, this "kid" is always polite and helpful and shows wisdom beyond his years. Perhaps a pm may have been better tho Sunny?

Make no mistake Sandy, you would have been carded on the blues board and if you keep those sort of posts out you would have been targetted for a permanent ban from our board. I know, I have a permanent ban, not altogether underserved may I add :)

Sometimes the truth is bad thing, people want to ignore the facts, someone has to pay.

You guys will do okay, mopre so in 2014 I suspect.

Can watch the match without the skipping at the same link on suns page now.

A PM would have been appropriate if I was targeting a specific person, but I'm not. All I'm saying is just that you should be aware that constantly kicking the club won't be tolerated. Generally we've been pretty good, but slowly hostilities appear to be becoming more frequent on our board, and this is caused by people posting angrily and upsetting others. It's my job, as well as Thermo's, to eliminate that. Lest we lose most of our posters and stop growth.

Like I said, constructive criticism is welcome for a valid point of discussion. But there's nothing constructive about saying how crap we are after a poor quarter in the NAB Cup, and saying we should be chasing Roos etc. etc.

General guide would be to not post while angry or incredibly frustrated. ;)

Can watch the match without the skipping at the same link on suns page now.

Great first post gcsunsfc. I'm right onto it! You don't work for the club by any chance do you?;)

Please ignore the last couple of pages and don't let it put you off. Just a little family tiff. Our losses cut a little deeper with some members. Everyone will be rosy again when we come out and woop St. Kilda with a masterclass coaching display from Bluey in Round 1.

Great first post gcsunsfc. I'm right onto it! You don't work for the club by any chance do you?;)

Please ignore the last couple of pages and don't let it put you off. Just a little family tiff. Our losses cut a little deeper with some members. Everyone will be rosy again when we come out and woop St. Kilda with a masterclass coaching display from Bluey in Round 1.

No not a suns employee. Thought after I posted that the name sounded a bit too official. I was trying to figure out how to change it but couldn't find how. Anyone know how to do this?

Positivity is all good and well but i would be annoyed if the club hasn't got some contingency plan in place in case we have another year like last year.

I agree with that.

I'm not all super happy and stuff! If we have a season like last year, something needs to be done.

No not a suns employee. Thought after I posted that the name sounded a bit too official. I was trying to figure out how to change it but couldn't find how. Anyone know how to do this?

Send Chief a PM about it. You get one free name change IIRC. :)

So what I got out of this match is that if we have grumblings with the club we are fairweather flogs who need to pull their head in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back