Universal Love Neale Daniher (Freeze MND) - Donate to the cause #freezemnd

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s how you have beaten people though that’s what impressed me. I still have question marks over the Pies and it will be a good test. I will be going to the game and if we do well or win against the Dees I will be convinced that we will return to the 8 this year
I think both teams are making finals regardless of result. However it then becomes a question of how far the teams can go in September. Whoever loses will continue to have the tag of 'still unproven against quality opposition' unless it's just one of those close contested games between decent teams that a result could go either way.

if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye and send shivers up your spine then nothing ever will. An absolute inspiration
I have a friend whose mother went through it. It's an absolute *er of a disease. I can think of nothing more terrifying. Stuck in your body, trapped in your mind, losing control of yourself without being able to do anything.

We need to defeat the Beast.

if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye and send shivers up your spine then nothing ever will. An absolute inspiration

Well he did preface this by saying that it may be the last time that he can speak to the players, now that the bastard of a disease has started destroying the speech part of his brain. He sounded a lot more emotional almost pleading with the players. We must win the flag for him now whilst he is alive. Preferably this year when he can still enjoy it.

Just how inspirational is this guy. Remaining steadfast and positive, even in the face of adversity.

An absolute top talent footballer, cruelly cut short by knee injuries before doctors knew how to correctly implement reconstructive surgery. An astute assistant coach helping take essendon in 93 to a flag, before ressurecting a club on their knees, taking them within touching distance when he landed the main gig. A proven motivator, a man who inspired some lesser talented players to greater heights. Only some minor flaws as a coach, coupled with off field instability, the only stumbling blocks between being remembered as a good coach, rather than a premiership coach.

But since being struck down with the bastard of a disease, a time when he would be able to throw his hands in the air and scream at another gross and unfair chapter in his life, this great man has not only stood up and stayed positive, he has grabbed everyone who will listen to come for the journey. A disease that we knew little about, but because of your drive, positivity and approach, more will be known.

Unfortunately, this bastard of a disease will claim you, and others. But you've given hope to thousands around Australia, and unknowingly, many more around the world that it can be beaten.

I'm just some guy having a coffee on a Saturday morning, and you'll probably never read this, or know how much respect I have for you, not only from coaching our great club through some very dark years, In to some years where we played some of the best football I can remember, and not only your work campaigning for a cure to this terrible disease.

But I'll respect you mostly for getting out of bed when you could easily have thrown the towel in, ill respect you for making sure everyone around you felt your positivity, and I'll respect you for inspiring every single person who knows your story.

I'm sorry I cant do more to help, but I'll be there Monday, only missing 1 year since watching your team destroy Collingwood in the last year we played finals. If this team wins a grand final, I know it will bring you a joy second only to a cure to MND.

So Neale, next time I'm having a bad day at work, or things aren't working out how I want, thanks for being the inspiration that if Neale daniher can achieve what he has with the hand dealt to him, then I can get through whatever is thrown at me.

Thank you, and see you Monday.

Go dees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back