New Adelaide Oval Memberships/Seating

Remove this Banner Ad

HANG ON FOLKS, big trap here, my old man rang the Crows, read his email to me here:

Have just checked with Crows & my mind is made up Cost for 2013 is $300 + $125 Gold Upgrade

If you take Ultimate Offer ---- THERE IS NO GOLD UPGRADE -- that means no guarantee of Finals Tickets

Separate is the way to go

No Gold Membership = no Grand Final tickets.

If "no shows" are a problem at Footy Park, then come Adelaide Oval "we aint seen nothing yet"

Its very pi** poor - we get a new stadium, a new start, an opportunity to remedy the problems at AAMI, but already they've dropped the ball .........
.... i wonder what else will crop up as time gets closer.....
I agree. No shows were a problem and an embarrassment at AAAMI stadium. A big part of the problem, I believe, were the category 1 members. With Adelaide oval they have a chance to reduce the number of no shows by getting rid of the Catagory 1, 2 and 3 members (or its equivalent) and not introducing the ultimate and other elitist memberships. If people want to see the Crows, Power and cricket let them buy memberships for each like anyone else would. It smacks of elitism and degrades the spectacle. If they want to charge massive fees, set aside a section in the best area and fill them with armchairs or similar.

Having third party organization commandeering sections of the stadium (and the best sections at that) is rubbish and belongs to a bygone era.

With regards to not allowing ultimate ticket holders to give away their seats, I cannot see the logic. Sure they might become more desirable in an elitist way, but surely having the ability to share that ticket will also make them more desirable. I bet if we polled the members of bigfooty and asked them to spend their money on an ultimate sharable ticket or an ultimate non-shaable ticket, I bet I know which one most would choose.

HANG ON FOLKS, big trap here, my old man rang the Crows, read his email to me here:

Have just checked with Crows & my mind is made up Cost for 2013 is $300 + $125 Gold Upgrade

If you take Ultimate Offer ---- THERE IS NO GOLD UPGRADE -- that means no guarantee of Finals Tickets

correct. this is old news, but obviously has been promoted / explained poorly. hence everyone's confusion and leading to the likes of clueless cornes blowing up about absolutely nothing.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adelaide-oval-discussion.904032/page-17#post-25722970

well that is just deadset ******* stupid.

actually i thought the farce began back when they decided some fig trees were a great reason to build 3/4 of an oval. but thats not really relevant now.

I agree, typical Adelaide mentality.

Morton Bay fig trees apparently have a life span of around 150 years. They were planted in the 1890s so chances are that they will start to die in the next 10-20 years away, but instead we have butchered the look of the whole stadium just to incorporate them.

Oh and don’t forget that non-refundable $20 admin/registration fee you need to pony up to ‘register’ for access to that GF ticket if the Crows make it.

I know it’s pretty unlikely having called the AFC membership and asked them about this but if someone from the AFC could give me an explanation as to why Gold members needed to register to reserve our already “guaranteed” GF ticket I would appreciate it.

I would hope that the AFC are not oversubscribing gold memberships as a money making exercise and therefore introducing a GF ticket ballot by proxy.. oh I love a good conspiracy but if true, that is going to piss a fair few people off that’s for sure.

With the announcement of a $75 registration tax for no guaranteed access to an AO Ultimate, it looks like this kind of legalized theft is here to stay folks.
Me personally, I see no advantage whatsoever in moving from having a gold crows and separate SACA memberships because at least I can give my footy tickets to someone else when I’m not using them. I do not wish to lose this benefit by moving to an AO Ultimate so ill stay as I am thanks.

Me personally, I see no advantage whatsoever in moving from having a gold crows and separate SACA memberships because at least I can give my footy tickets to someone else when I’m not using them. I do not wish to lose this benefit by moving to an AO Ultimate so ill stay as I am thanks.
Is perhaps one advantage that you get the opportunity to sit in the western stand and avoid the late afternoon sun shining in your eyes?

Is perhaps one advantage that you get the opportunity to sit in the western stand and avoid the late afternoon sun shining in your eyes?

For footy yes but that's what a hat and glasses are for :cool: . For cricket i watch from behind the bowler so its not a problem.

Oh wow really? Well im out. Non transferable, no gold upgrade do you think they will sell all 12000?

If your an existing SANFL cat 1 or 2 member you can just transfer straight over without having to get Ultimate Membership and this still entitles you to sit in the members stand on the western side of the ground, or the southern members area.

Here is the thing that shits me about it, it may end up being the cheapest option for me, but how am I going to know that when they haven’t released any other packages yet? I said right at the start it all needs to be released at once, not this drip feed crap we are getting.
I agree. It's hard to make a decision along the way, when you don't know what is on offer.

I made a decision to to NOT apply for the Ulitmate, but what if in the meanwhile they jack up the prices for the individual memberships?

Must say I'm a little worried we could be worse off, which is the opposite of what we were promised!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Membership book reads:

"Heading to your seats, you pause - the Cathedral, heritage scoreboard and Moreton Bay Fig trees are as you remembered them"

"Heading to your seats, you pause - the Cathedral, heritage scoreboard and Moreton Bay Fig trees, and you wonder when they will finish the stadium, seems kind of odd to play football at an unfinished stadium. You think about going to the Cathedral to pray to God to finish the stadium, but you realise that God is a made up fairytale and if he did exist he probably wouldn't permit a giant C to be built right next to one of his houses. As you sit down in your seat shielding your eyes from the sun you look down at the steep gradient of the stadium seating and feel comforted in the knowledge that at any time you can hurl yourself to your death to escape the creditors who you are in debt to after buying a membership. It's better than any stadium experience you've had before".

I agree. It's hard to make a decision along the way, when you don't know what is on offer.

I made a decision to to apply for the Ulitmate, but what if in the meanwhile they jack up the prices for the individual memberships?

Must say I'm a little worried we could be worse off, which is the opposite of what we were promised!

Sums it up well there there are no guarantees that Crows season ticket prices will stay at Footy park rates

Not what the club web page is saying though.
GOLD UPGRADE ADULT (AAMI STADIUM UPGRADE)

UPGRADE AND RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE GOLD MEMBER BENEFITS INCLUDING A GRAND FINAL GUARANTEE.

To subscribe to this upgrade you must hold an existing financial AAMI Stadium or AFL Membership.

The Ultimate Membership will have nothing to do with the Adelaide/Port Adelaide Football Clubs and the SACA from my understanding - it will be totally managed by the SMA, and from what I've read you get entry into football and cricket matches and that's about it (ie no ability to upgrade to higher tier memberships the respective clubs offer, no access to other events etc).

Surprisingly, the Ultimate Membership does not include access to any 2015 World Cup matches.

To be honest, it appears you will be better off arranging separate football/cricket memberships rather than getting an Ultimate Membership.

Rubbish it means the stadium will never be full because no way can anyone make all 22 games. Its stupid whats the advantage of it being non transferable other than a money grab?
It may well be a money grab but it may be convenient for the single ticket all year round, or as other have said - prestigious.

They always over-subscribe members tickets. Having these as non-transferable IMO allows for more of the other category of memberships to join. Having said that I can hear the cries now after the first AFL game (that Adelaide host) and the number of members that dont get a seat etc.

I made a decision to to apply for the Ulitmate, but what if in the meanwhile they jack up the prices for the individual memberships?

Absolutely agree, without all the facts it is hard. I want allocated seating in the western side of the southern stand to avoid sun in afternoon. Similar to my position on the west wing in the northern stand at AAMI. There is not even a seat map that I can see to tell me whether I am able to get my preferred location. I will reluctantly become a member, if required, but with little info I cant make that choice.

I agree, typical Adelaide mentality.

Morton Bay fig trees apparently have a life span of around 150 years. They were planted in the 1890s so chances are that they will start to die in the next 10-20 years away, but instead we have butchered the look of the whole stadium just to incorporate them.

They'll get rid of them eventually, keeping them now was a good justification for saving a lot of money.

The Memberships are *ed. All I want is Cricket and Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back