New Club - I'm Sorry Chris Mayne

Remove this Banner Ad

Am told there is an article in the HS today, that he's ranked as an "elite" wingman based on his recent numbers.
Can someone confirm?
Thanks

After seven straight games he is averaging career-high possessions (17.6), rating elite in pressure and, compared to all wingmen, is above average for tackles (3.7), score assists and score involvements.

Of all AFL wingmen, he is behind only Jack Graham when ranked on his ability to apply pressure.

2f5be11eb5ae92602e85685d1da1e14d

Chris Mayne has been reinvigorated as a wingman.

Got to page 4.

This thread is surely about congrats to a guy that everyone in the football world wrote off.

He is playing his role in the team & doing a reasonable job, better than I expect most of us thought he had in him.

He's no star & it's likely even hopefully he gets replaced by a better player soon.

He personally shouldn't be judged on his contract, that's for Hine/Gubby to live by.

The guy was shot last year & lambasted by everyone, punters & critics alike.

He could've rested on his contract & not given a yelp.

He's held his head up & pushed through, congrats to the guy!

Exactly what I meant the thread for. I was prepared to say I’d totally written him off. But he showed a lot last game and I wanted to at least acknowledge that.

He’s probably still overpayed, but at least he’s contributing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone had told me he was earmarked for a winger spot before his recall this year I would have thrown up. Enjoy eating my humble pie on this one. Playing his role beautifully and is doing the jumper proud right now. Goes to show we're not all the footy experts we all may think we are at times! Go you good thing!

Started playing more wing/midfield in the VFL last year if memory serves me correctly.

After seven straight games he is averaging career-high possessions (17.6), rating elite in pressure and, compared to all wingmen, is above average for tackles (3.7), score assists and score involvements.

Of all AFL wingmen, he is behind only Jack Graham when ranked on his ability to apply pressure.

Wonder what Juddy would score in that fourth category.

Last edited:
He's definitely got elite hair.
That's spelt "alight"

I am warming to the boy....very very gradually....

One thing we don’t always see so obvious is that he’s often performing a defensive role and doing it quite well. I only saw the game on tv but did he play on Brayshaw for a lot of the game? He’s been on fire lately but only had 16 possessions on Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing we don’t always see so obvious is that he’s often performing a defensive role and doing it quite well. I only saw the game on tv but did he play on Brayshaw for a lot of the game? He’s been on fire lately but only had 16 possessions on Monday.

Brayshaw tagged Phillips

Quote: He’s been on fire lately but only had 16 possessions on Monday.

Phillips had 19 possessions at 79% DE; 6 marks; 5 stoppages; 6 tackles; 5 clearances and 3 score involvements. If we are basing it solely on possessions then he was better than 15 of his team-mates. However possessions are not always the be all and end all. Gary Ablett has been racking up cheap possessions for years

Please no, not another ridiculous thread!

We just finished pumping up young Phillips, saying he is a star and AA material. Poor bugger ran smack bang straight into a brick wall on the big stage.

Lets enjoy Maynes good form and fortune with a degree of modesty and hope it last.
Mayne deserves every bit of praise, was up against it from every perspective. I am an eternal optimist, and even I was thinking he was gone.

His confidence is building, and if we make finals...and we should...he will play a big role. He plays the big games well, his application sets a really good standard.

Mayne deserves every bit of praise, was up against it from every perspective. I am an eternal optimist, and even I was thinking he was gone.

His confidence is building, and if we make finals...and we should...he will play a big role. He plays the big games well, his application sets a really good standard.
As an example and a standard bearer of effort, application and attitude, he may end up being worth the stupid contract.

This is an outrage. Is it a coincidence that the our season and Buckley's coaching career magically change direction on back of my selection? No Mayne, no gain!

Just look at those pressure points. My training as a masseuse has paid off.

Just look at those pressure points. My training as a masseuse has paid off.

I thought it was you becoming a vegan! :eek:

How many posts will you make it to?

How can you tell?

I didn’t even know he got suspended before I posted just before :eek:

You can’t bullshit a bullshitter mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back