Rumour New List Manager - Matthew Rendell

Remove this Banner Ad

There is absolutely no way O'Meara is streets ahead of Brad Crouch, in fact personally I'd take Crouch over O'Meara every day of the week.

Good luck finding a footy expert in the country who agrees with you.

Don't get me wrong, I love Brad Crouch (see avatar), but Jaeger O'Meara has 'multiple Brownlow medallist' written all over him. I honestly think he'll be better than Judd at his peak. He has more speed, agility and better foot skills than Crouchy can ever dream of unfortunately.

Crouchy could jag a Brownlow at some point, but he's more in the Dayne Beams / Joel Selwood / Ollie Wines mould. Genuine A-Grader, but O'Meara and Cameron are once in a generation talents in their positions.

Angwin was an Ayres mistake, Fantasia wanted Kornes.

As far as I am aware Fantasia actually wanted Shaun Burgoyne.

Kane Cornes was not rated as a top 10 pick. He even said on the radio the other day that Mark Williams actually wanted Port to draft Allan Murray at 20, but Williams was overruled. Had Williams got his way Kane said that he would have gone to Hawthorn at 21.

You guys are being very vague about what a chairman's role is. To point to the mission/vision when making decisions is one of the things they should do but I could get a monkey to do that.

I'll respond to a few posts later but before I do cmndstab do you think we need to split into a "Roo - Chairman?" thread? We're a bit off topic.

Last edited:
You guys are being very vague about what a chairman's role is. To point to the mission/vision when making decisions is one of the things they should do but I could get a monkey to do that.

I'll respond to a few posts later but before I do cmndstab do you think we need to split into a "Roo - Chairman?" thread? We're a bit off topic.

Good idea re point 2

Wonder if the 2nd option was Bains, and that's why St Kilda promoted him.

I mean, it can't be because he's done an awesome job with their list!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks.

The sins of the father would play a part and I don't get how he can possibly do the job and stay in Melbourne. That's just fraught with danger. That's like using Skype as an assistant.
Can't blame him for his Dad!

Would come with plenty of inside contract/player information, that could be very valuable.

So he's coming to Adelaide then.

Wouldn't worry me if he was based in Victoria, Pete. Victoria provides approximately 40% of all draftees each year, so it wouldn't hurt for him to be based where a goodly part of the action is. Ogilvie who is in charge of recruiting is still based in Victoria too to the best of my knowledge, with talent scouts based in the other Australian states. Obviously there would be regular meetings between Nobes and his chief operatives, which could be rotated between here and Melbourne as required or desired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back