Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be interviewing Scott Burns, John Barker, Dean Soloman, Caracella, Longmuir and Chris Newman along with Shaw of course

I would like to think that they have already assessed all their preferred candidates and met with the short list prior to settling on John Longmire for an offer.

With Longmire rejecting that offer, I would like to think they are now looking down that list.

I would imagine that Shaw has rocketed up that list , the question is , is he now preferred? whats the next steps strategy??

A - watch Shaw for a few more games and see if he becomes the new preferred candidate. If not - meet with the next preferred candidate.

B- meet with whoever was next preferred.

C - already preferred - appoint

I cant see a case for not looking more closely at Shaw given the circumstances.

Personally I don't see a need to rush so I hope they don't get media bullied into a move on Shaw ASAP to go option C - no need

There are now too many Pro's for Shaw to look elsewhere without a significant change of form on field.

The risks of change are real and need to be considered to move to another untried coach. Why take them?

If Hawthorn get whacked 3 weeks straight and Clarkson becomes a chance - that's the only case I can see a different result. This isn't going to happen though!

Teffy why do you keep posting s**t of yourself

Tell me about these candidates?

For once, give me something more than some repetitious implied expertise that has nothing backing it up?

The only thing I see on this end of the monitor is delusion and obsession.

Give me something else?!

Tell me about these candidates?

For once, give me something more than some repetitious implied expertise that has nothing backing it up?

The only thing I see on this end of the monitor is delusion and obsession.

Give me something else?!
It’s interesting cos what you are seeing on your screen seems to be a mirror of your own posting

These candidates are all widely known as being good untried coaches
Chris Newman has coached box hill to a vfl premiership
Scott Burns a very accomplished line coach at eagles and pies previously
Caracella known as the mastermind behind Richmond and a key inclusion before their premiership
Soloman caretaker coach at the suns, has been assistant of the year like Shaw

It’s interesting cos what you are seeing on your screen seems to be a mirror of your own posting

These candidates are all widely known as being good untried coaches
Chris Newman has coached box hill to a vfl premiership
Scott Burns a very accomplished line coach at eagles and pies previously
Caracella known as the mastermind behind Richmond and a key inclusion before their premiership
Soloman caretaker coach at the suns, has been assistant of the year like Shaw

Popularity doesn't automatically equate with being good.

Is that all you have?

Seems like shaw has been suggesting that this would be a good idea all along. He has publicly stated he has already been picking roos brain.

Roos has been stating in the media that he is not interested in coaching, but is open to a managing/mentoring role. He likes our list.

Shaw and roos are good mates and go way back. Just make it happen.

I like this idea too. Love what Reece is doing but to have an experienced and successful former senior coach who has no designs on the actual coaching job could be the part of the mix that makes it really work. Someone like Roos on a two-year deal could really set Shaw and Rawlings up for long term success as the leaders of our on-field performance.

Great! Welceom aboard Shaw and........ possibly Roos
We’d better go through with this or the headline will be “Roos rues Roos’ ruse”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all love what Shaw has done over a short period of time but I think today showed that we should not be emotional and reactionary by rushing the decision on who gets the full time coaching gig. Must look at other options before making a final judgement call.

Shaw self sabotaging his own chances with selection this week

Hmmm, reckon not having , Daw (inj), Higgins (inj) Garner ( ban) Jacobs (inj) Wood (inj) EVW (inj) Hall (inj) meant the team had selections that under other circumstances wouldn't have happened.

Also after Wood pulled out maybe was regretting not having LDU. Playing Taylor and Hrovat wasn't ideal in the end. Would loved to have seen Hall's run out there tonight.

Hmmm, reckon not having , Daw (inj), Higgins (inj) Garner ( ban) Jacobs (inj) Wood (inj) EVW (inj) Hall (inj) meant the team had selections that under other circumstances wouldn't have happened.

Also after Wood pulled out maybe was regretting not having LDU. Playing Taylor and Hrovat wasn't ideal in the end. Would loved to have seen Hall's run out there tonight.
Probably not dropping Durdin for turnstiles Macmillan would have been a good start

But hey it must be fun watching Pittard isolated on the 3rd tall

Probably not dropping Durdin for turnstiles Macmillan would have been a good start

But hey it must be fun watching Pittard isolated on the 3rd tall

Durds didn't carry out the "plan " last week and paid the piper, I reckon Taylor was a poor inclusion, gave us a fwd line of Taylor, Zurhaar, Larkey, Hrovat, Turner and of course the man Benny Brown.

That would be the most inexperienced fwd line I can recall we've put on the park...... surely??

Durds didn't carry out the "plan " last week and paid the piper, I reckon Taylor was a poor inclusion, gave us a fwd line of Taylor, Zurhaar, Larkey, Hrovat, Turner and of course the man Benny Brown.

That would be the most inexperienced fwd line I can recall we've put on the park...... surely??
Well he now learnt the hard way

Keep structure at all costs

We had a winning formula then he starts dropping talls for smalls

Time to reverse the changes next week to get structure back

Well he now learnt the hard way

Keep structure at all costs

We had a winning formula then he starts dropping talls for smalls

Time to reverse the changes next week to get structure back

I think Rhyce was concerned with * pace on the outside and it would seem he was correct, he picks sides on who the opponent is and who they have. Let's not forget we lost a game by under a goal that we weren't really in.

It's been a loooong time since that's happened.

I think Rhyce was concerned with * pace on the outside and it would seem he was correct, he picks sides on who the opponent is and who they have. Let's not forget we lost a game by under a goal that we weren't really in.

It's been a loooong time since that's happened.

Nah we ****ed it with poor decision making and inability from a couple of players to execute.

Shaw as the top man has to wear it on the chin just as Scott did. We were short a dynamic player of LDU style.

What was rovat doing playing and ******* machine is brad Scott Back .. LDU should have stayed and I’m sure there was someone else besides those 2 spuds . I hate those gloating campaigners a * *en campaigners .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back