New Zealand Tour of India 2021 (3 T20's and 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess as long as he's not moving into the danger area of the pitch, it's ok? ridiculously fine line though. it's always Ashwin who seems to be involved in these things...

I guess as long as he's not moving into the danger area of the pitch, it's ok? ridiculously fine line though. it's always Ashwin who seems to be involved in these things...

It’s like he does it for the sake of doing it, just being a serial pest so he can have the title. He’s a dick

Disappointing to concede a first innings lead after that great opening partnership, we will need to bowl extremely well today to stay in the match.

Any lead over 200 will be tough to chase down on this pitch so we'll need to keep the lead to 200 or less which won't be easy with the lead already 63.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm wondering if his tactic is a bit more mischievous than it looks. Everyone thinks and probably so does the umpire that he is just looking to get straight down the middle. What if the tactic has a wider purpose of preventing batsman from taking a quick single. Look where he finishes up, directly in front of the batsman. Not just moving across them but dead stops in front. To be honest, he should have told the batsman to stand on the other side because of where his follow through finishes. He knows this and never says anything which suggests the whole purpose is to delay the non striking batsman enough to reduce the runs from a shot.

He and the Indians will be the first ones up in arms if he gets knocked over by the batsman taking off for a single. He has no excuse to be there and the onus is on him to create a follow through that doesn't impede the batsman.

This is gotten beyond the point of embarrassing now. Will Dravid have the backbone and move of some of this middle order deadwood or will one of them have some self-respect and pull the pin themselves?

That is the third time that the third umpire has stuffed up directions to the on-field umpire in this Test match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back