Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta be Nicks.

Games to come:

Melbourne
Carlton
Essendon
North (Hobart)
Port
Brisbane
Collingwood

0-10 is a genuine possibilty.

Hopefully we do a Saints with Ratten and knife him soon after re-signing him.

If the Eagles continue to get thrashed week in week out and be completely uncompetitive like they were for much of 2022 and 2023, one has to wonder whether the club management will finally say enough is enough and replace Adam Simpson in the top job.

I get that the Eagles are in the rebuilding phase, the season is only two weeks in and the Eagles have met a finals contender in Port and a premiership contender in GWS, but West Coast being held goal-less for two quarters against GWS in fine weather isn't the first time something like this has happened in recent seasons, and only inaccurate kicking by Port at the Adelaide Oval prevented a loss between 80-90 points. Sides in a rebuilding phase are going to cop heavy defeats from time to time as they learn and improve, but they shouldn't just be getting chopped up every week and show no signs of improvement.

And a club needs the right senior coach to oversee the rebuild. The Eagles team that Adam Simpson took over in 2014 was a talented mid-ladder team that just needed a few adjustments to be turned into a premiership contender, which he did. Clearly he was the right choice of senior coach back then. But is he the right man for the job to completely rebuild a team that he has now coached for a decade that has gone from premiers in 2018 to an easy-beat by 2022 with this continuing into 2023 and into early 2024? On results alone, one would have to say no.
I don't get why coaches like Clarkson, Mitchell and Simpson are given a free pass.

Any other coach who has been in the chair during a hard rebuild phase previous to say the last 3 or so years has had little time to develop their brand or wait until their draftees hit 50 games, they were expected to be competitive during that time and their fanbases didn't accept to win so few games based on "the future".

Is it because North, Hawthorn, and West Coast fans are less desperate than other fans that they are happy to give their men more time? Is it because they can see the strategy and agree with it? Or is it just that fans nowadays have a better understanding of the cycle of football clubs - the clock face of the premiership window if you will - and know that this is the way it must be?

When I see these teams play, I remember the feeling of my club's fanbase (Saints) in the low times and it certainly wasn't "its all part of the plan, let's give the bloke 5 years and he'll have us competitive again".

Not being tribal or trolling, just looking to understand the mentality.

Gotta be Nicks.

Games to come:

Melbourne
Carlton
Essendon
North (Hobart)
Port
Brisbane
Collingwood

0-10 is a genuine possibilty.

Hopefully we do a Saints with Ratten and knife him soon after re-signing him.
Nah m8 you guys play fast attacking chaotic footy .

Your supporters ,hyped up by mental pygmies in the AFL media such as David king couldn’t stop lecturing others especially freo and Justin longmuir how they were doing it “wrong”

How’s that working out for ya champ?

When McCrae starts the rebuild (whenver that is) I'll be interested to see the gamestyle. I feel like the current one would not work with a bunch of kids and they'd get absolutely punished if they tried it.
Reckon you’re bang on here.

Whilst I’d back mcrae to still be a good teacher to the young players he’d 100%have to come up with a new games style as their current one revolves so much around positioning and good decision making .

Something that only ever is consistently implemented by experienced players

Nah m8 you guys play fast attacking chaotic footy .

Your supporters ,hyped up by mental pygmies in the AFL media such as David king couldn’t stop lecturing others especially freo and Justin longmuir how they were doing it “wrong”

How’s that working out for ya champ?
Oh no, I've been champed!

How will I recover from this adversity?

Also, please find said posts from me (or any Crows fans for that matter) lecturing Longmuir's game plan.

Last edited:
I think with Mitchell it depends where hawthorn finish next year.
If it's another bottom 4 finish and still no signs of improvement his papers might get stamped.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

They just re-signed him on a 2 year deal, would take a massive backflip to sack him this year.
I think Simpson will be the next coach to get the flick.
Aren’t they waiting for Simpsons contract to be up? Apparently they don’t want to pay him out hence him still having a job.

The crows have a hard draw. They could be 0-7.

In relation to Simpson, I fully understand that to replace him at present, would be a no win deal for the new coach. There is going to be a long re-build, and what new coach would take on a 3 year contract ?. Eagles are hopping that Simmo can take the hard task and put in 2 more years of re-build.

The query I have, is Simmo mentally ready to undertake the hard job. Is he mentally jaded ?. Is he just going through the motions ?.

In the business world, when a senior executive finds the going tough (mentally flat, lack resources, policy difference seems), they step aside and move onto other endeavours. Clean break, business has a new broom sweep through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be surprised if Simpson survives the end of the year, good coach but I feel like he has had his time there, I feel like the 100pt smashing aren't too far away, 50-point loss v PA and 65 points v GWS.
We have probably the hardest start to the season of any club, so these losses are expected.

In fact, they've probably gone better than expected.

Don't think he'll be judged on W/Ls this year, it'll be about minimising the smashings we cooper the last 2 seasons, showing a definitive change in style of play(seen glimpses already), holding senior players accountable for poor form(a luxury we now have with player availability) and having the young blokes show positive development.

If we can snatch a few wins after the bye, he'll probably get until the bye next year to show further improvement, I reckon.

We have probably the hardest start to the season of any club, so these losses are expected.

In fact, they've probably gone better than expected.

Don't think he'll be judged on W/Ls this year, it'll be about minimising the smashings we cooper the last 2 seasons, showing a definitive change in style of play(seen glimpses already), holding senior players accountable for poor form(a luxury we now have with player availability) and having the young blokes show positive development.

If we can snatch a few wins after the bye, he'll probably get until the bye next year to show further improvement, I reckon.
Will he be judged on your scoring ability though? The margins are smaller but you are currently on a 42% percentage which is historically the worse percentage of the AFL era.

The AFL changes the cap rules recently so you can sack him without a huge penalty. I’m assuming they are just waiting for the right moment, probably half way through the season so you don’t have an interim coach for too long. Maybe Rd 13 if you get belted by North at home.

Will he be judged on your scoring ability though? The margins are smaller but you are currently on a 42% percentage which is historically the worse percentage of the AFL era.

The AFL changes the cap rules recently so you can sack him without a huge penalty. I’m assuming they are just waiting for the right moment, probably half way through the season so you don’t have an interim coach for too long. Maybe Rd 13 if you get belted by North at home.
Believe Simpson locked in a completely different contract which doesn't have the 6 month clause

It's why Simpson never looks fussed or phased or interested.

Just collecting his pay and waiting out time.

Says the same crapola every week for 3 years.

Can't wait til we've got a fresh face

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think wanting change is fair enough.

But you do realise that a new coach is going to get flogged just as much as Simmo though right? He might be 20% of the problem, sure. But 80% is your players aren't good enough and/or are injured.

I think wanting change is fair enough.

But you do realise that a new coach is going to get flogged just as much as Simmo though right? He might be 20% of the problem, sure. But 80% is your players aren't good enough and/or are injured.
Yeah I'm not that silly to think it solves everything and even late last year thought it's better to just keep him on as a new coach is on a hiding to nothing.

But I'm starting to sway towards just get someone new in with some ideas and enthusiasm.

It's a lose lose situation

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back