Next flag - Carlton, Essendon or Richmond?

Who will win their next flag first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddy, Conca, C.Ellis Menadue and Vlaustin are all bog average at best.
At least we have Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Riewoldt, Rioli, Castanga, Butler, Prestia, Nank, B.Ellis then

Sticking with Carlton purely as they've started their rebuild already.
Essendon are a giant unknown as to where this group can take them, and the Tigers probably won't get there with this group of players.

Conca, Vlaustin to name a couple..

A couple of what?

Whatever it is that you are naming, with them in it, I'm guessing it is a list of wasted first round draft picks?

Summary. The only side I see winning immediately (next 2-3 years) is the Tigers.

Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't agreeing with you.

A couple of what?

Whatever it is that you are naming, with them in it, I'm guessing it is a list of wasted first round draft picks?

Yeah, I'm surprised more people aren't agreeing with you.

Conca & Vlaus have been very good this year. Especially Conca.

It is a misconception that he can't play, he has just had a miserable time with injury.

Im not going to lay into Carlton, they are re-building and it takes time so results like tonight are to be expected. I think they do have good future KPPs and that's the hardest part to get right. They still need another off-season to turn over. It's going to take another couple of years till they climb back up.

None of these teams will win in the next 5 years. Beyond that, can only guess.

Maybe Essendon, they always manage to find a secret weapon here and there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good signs.

Charlie Curnow has had his best game for the club
SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Marchbank, Silvagni, Plowman, Weitering, Docherty, Cripps, Polsen , Macreadie, Pickett are all kids.

Docherty made the AFL under 23 team two years running (23 now).. so has Cripps.

But potential is there to dominate the AFL under 23 team in a year or two.
Is there an AFL Under 23 league now?

Some good signs.

Charlie Curnow has had his best game for the club
SPS, Fisher, Williamson, Marchbank, Silvagni, Plowman, Weitering, Docherty, Cripps, Polsen , Macreadie, Pickett are all kids.

Docherty made the AFL under 23 team two years running (23 now).. so has Cripps.

But potential is there to dominate the AFL under 23 team in a year or two.
Have to admire your blind optimism taking anything out of that last night.
Was a absolutely woeful game.

FA = Free Agent/Trade

B: Macreadie (18) Plowman (22) Marchbank (19)
HB: Docherty (23) Weitering (19) Williamson (18)
C: SPS (18) Cripps (22) FA
HF: Silvagni (19) McKay (19) Curnow (20)
F: Pickett (20) FA Kerr (18)
R: Kreuzer (27) FA Fisher (18)
IC: Polsen (18) Byrne (22) Cunningham (20) FA

Almost there.....need to fill out this years draft with young mids to turn over Thomas, Smedts, Palmer and Armfield

In 2018 trade for an A grade mid or A grade key forward

Locking in Kerr and Mackay in your key forward posts is wishful thinking seeing they haven't played a game. Polsen and Fisher also very green, but it says something that they are getting a game ahead of Cuningham.

Im not going to lay into Carlton, they are re-building and it takes time so results like tonight are to be expected. I think they do have good future KPPs and that's the hardest part to get right. They still need another off-season to turn over. It's going to take another couple of years till they climb back up.

They were always going to bottom out this year, and last night was their youngest team since 2010. They have no choice but to wear losses like that and look for the small positives. The rebuild has finally begun in earnest!

Locking in Kerr and Mackay in your key forward posts is wishful thinking seeing they haven't played a game. Polsen and Fisher also very green, but it says something that they are getting a game ahead of Cuningham.

I agree we can't include guys who have barely played.

Out of the ones who have I am confident SPS, Weitering, Marchbank, Byrne and Plowman will be very good players for us.

I like Fisher too but he's only played a couple but I think he should at least have a decent career.

Macreadle looks a keeper.

Williamson looks ok too but way too early to tell.

Charlie Curnow does some nice things but again too early to tell if he will be a good player or not. He should with his ability but plenty have not kicked on from his position.

McKay is a complete unknown really but I think he will play a fair few games.

Kerr I actually think won't make it. He may but if I would say his chances are less than 20%.

This year is the real ground zero in the rebuild, we didn't have enough young ones on the list last year and those we did have outside of Weitering were injured most of the season.

Carlton have be 'rebuilding' for like 15 years and never gotten nowhere
Carlton are the only one of these three teams that have won a final those last 15 years. You had a 2/3 chance of randomly picking one of these teams for that statement and you screwed it up. Do you actually watch footy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back