Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He has entered collingwood at a good time. There's no way that 70% stays that high if he is around in 10 years .
Cripps joined Carlton at the start of a rebuild of course his win % would be much lower. What is Cripps win % since Naicos started ? Would be a fairer indication don't you think ?? Your cross referencing is stupid to say the least. Actually thought you were smarter than that, but perhaps I gave you some undeserving credit earlier on.
This is true.

He is no Selwood, that's for sure. ;)

IMHO Daicos is going to be remembered as a Jarred Polec of the competition unfortunately. He could have been anything but he should have been playing netball. Make the same thread about Harry Sheezel and we could have a bit more of a discussion.

At the same age, Sheezel 2nd year, Nicki 1st year

Sheezel is spanking him
This is the perfect example.

Interesting after todays game Sheezel had 32 touches.
No one was calling out how he should get Brownlow or coaches votes. Yet Nick played a similar game last week to plaudits from some of their faithful.

Both games were equally as good, yet didn’t impact the contest and the end result.

If I had a choice I’d take Sheezel, if the coach had a willingness to play him as a half forward and be more damaging on the scoreboard. This is where I think we will really see him impact in his career.

To continually make comments like that on-line says more about the poster than it does about Daicos.

Daicos' career will do the talking, and given it is generally regarded he has put together the best first two seasons of football for a draftee since the start of the AFL era, and already has a premiership in his back pocket after only two years in the system, he's going pretty well so far...
Yes yes we know... Jason Castagna is a better player than any current Pie. 3 time premiership player etc...

Daicos' career will do the talking as a half back flanker due to being extremely poor on the defensive side of the game as a mid and generally afraid of contact.

Has any half back in the history of the game come close to being considered the GOAT?

To continually make comments like that on-line says more about the poster than it does about Daicos.

Daicos' career will do the talking, and given it is generally regarded he has put together the best first two seasons of football for a draftee since the start of the AFL era, and already has a premiership in his back pocket after only two years in the system, he's going pretty well so far...
I think a lot of the fawning by the media and ex-players is due to his surname and the club he plays for.

If his name was Nick Smith there wouldn't have been anywhere near the hype.

There was a stat the other day that he'd had the most disposals in his first 50 games, but when you deduct his kick-ins (100% play on) he loses 107 disposals and it's not even close.

This is the perfect example.

Interesting after todays game Sheezel had 32 touches.
No one was calling out how he should get Brownlow or coaches votes. Yet Nick played a similar game last week to plaudits from some of their faithful.

Both games were equally as good, yet didn’t impact the contest and the end result.

If I had a choice I’d take Sheezel, if the coach had a willingness to play him as a half forward and be more damaging on the scoreboard. This is where I think we will really see him impact in his career.
That’s right - neither impacted their outcome.

Zac fisher playing N Daicos roll at NM - take kickouts, run past to collect & a neat give.

Daicos doesn’t hurt with 95% of his possessions - he’s a nice link up player.

Not fast, no penetration on his kicks, won’t body the contest.

Nice Nicky.

That’s right - neither impacted their outcome.

Zac fisher playing N Daicos roll at NM - take kickouts, run past to collect & a neat give.

Daicos doesn’t hurt with 95% of his possessions - he’s a nice link up player.

Not fast, no penetration on his kicks, won’t body the contest.

Nice Nicky.
"Nice Nicky" is the guy that made you welch and disappear from BF for 6 months

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I keep mentioning them because you
keep failing to acknowledge them.

For someone that has said you don’t place much notice of stats but apply the eye test, you seem to have a blind spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No … my life did that brother :)

I thought we covered that.

Nice Nicky doesn’t make me do anything. I don’t react to the reactionary.

Degoey on the other hand….
Ahhhh yes suddenly got REALLY busy around about 5:10pm on the last Saturday in September...

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Taking the view that their currently isn’t an agreed upon GOAT, that it is a discussion with different philosophies and views on what’s valued.
Let’s compare the brain fart Fadge has had with HalfstepNick with someone who it’s agreed upon, isn’t in the discussion.
Say… Nick Reiwoldt.

Fadge
Do you honestly believe Nick Daicos will be regarded as a better footballer than Nick Reiwoldt?
6x BnF winner
Longest serving Captain of his club
Multiple AA
Most marks in recorded history
..and most likely could have represented Australia as a running athlete at international events like Olympics, World Championships etc if he hadve chosen that sport.

I’d like to know the answer to that Fadgey.
Let’s hear it.

I think a lot of the fawning by the media and ex-players is due to his surname and the club he plays for.

If his name was Nick Smith there wouldn't have been anywhere near the hype.

There was a stat the other day that he'd had the most disposals in his first 50 games, but when you deduct his kick-ins (100% play on) he loses 107 disposals and it's not even close.

Genuinely I think there is an argument to be made for Nick Smith being in the team of the 21st century. He was a fantastic small defender that even Swans fans would not recognise if he passed them on the street.

Interesting you are not disputing the squibs, only saying I shouldn’t mention them.

Looking forward to the day that no negative statements are seen on BF.
What I am saying is that neither you, I, nor any other keyboard warrior is qualified to call any AFL player a squib. I could only imagine that it takes a high degree of courage to play AFL football.

Therefore I would never have the arrogance to accuse any player of lacking intestinal fortitude.

Last edited:
Indeed :)

Nice Nicky had little to do with it.
Arrogant Blues supporters up and about all of a sudden, after 20 plus years of SFA and propping up the ladder. And this despite a myriad of number 1 and top draft picks.

Hope you’re as chirpy come September, unless of course the Pies don’t prick your bubble prior to then.

Arrogant Blues supporters up and about all of a sudden, after 20 plus years of SFA and propping up the ladder. And this despite a myriad of number 1 and top draft picks.

Hope you’re as chirpy come September, unless of course the Pies don’t prick your bubble prior to then.
That’s a larf!

It was a Collingwood supporter who started this viral thread claiming Nice Nicky could be the GOAT.

Arrogance aplenty.

If anyone’s bubble has been pricked mate, it’s yours…

1/3.

Not sure what this has to do, with one of your own, claiming Nicki could be a GOAT, yet completely ignoring others that are clearly in the conversation

Last edited:
What I am saying is that neither you, I, nor any other keyboard warrior is qualified to call any AFL player a squib. I could only imagine that it takes a high degree of courage to play AFL football.

Therefore I would never have the arrogance to accuse any player of lacking intestinal fortitude.
By that logic we don’t have the qualifications to proclaim him the future GOAT either so we should close this and all other threads on BF and have limited access for ex footballers.

To your untrained eye were you happy with all of Nicks efforts on Thursday night?

Back