Past Coach NMFC Senior Coach - David Noble has parted ways with NMFC

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

fu** me. Another thread.

I'm not one for bans on this board to our own, but the last 2 weeks has just about been rock bottom of this board in the last decade.

Sort it out King Corey The Filth Wizard Flawed Genius.

Someone needs a fortnight break so we can all just take a breath on this board.

It's suffocating.
Seconded.

This is Alex Jones level shite.

Wouldn't have a clue mate, he hasn't coached a game yet. It's good PR for the club though, not really sure why you would do anything other than give it five seconds of thought and move on.

Fair enough. There's good P.R. and flat out bullshit though.

The "neediness" I am sensing surrounding the input of Roos, actually registers alarm for me.

Has the football aspect down there become that detached?

You're a putrid dry lagger, just like SLF.

I had every right to bring up the spin and equate it with the average standards that are constantly spun at the club these days.

You're just another Disney level child who can't handle clarity.

While most of your postings are bordering delusional, I actually think you provide an alternative POV on the board most of the time.

You have completely lost the plot the last month.

You should go the way of mouncey2franklin. That might be a bit difficult though considering you are banned from every other board on the website.

Time for the 6th or 7th reincarnation of the alias I guess.

The "neediness" I am sensing surrounding the input of Roos, actually registers alarm for me.

I think getting an outside perspective was good. Roos has a lot of experience and a record of good work.

On the podcast, BA - when asked - spoke of Roos getting on the phone to Noble and encouraging him to apply.

This article summaries that interview. I disagree that any neediness has been shown, or that any spin (beyond allowing the CEO to be interviewed on an AFL- sanctioned podcast) has been applied here.

I think getting an outside perspective was good. Roos has a lot of experience and a record of good work.

On the podcast, BA - when asked - spoke of Roos getting on the phone to Noble and encouraging him to apply.

This article summaries that interview. I disagree that any neediness has been shown, or that any spin (beyond allowing the CEO to be interviewed on an AFL- sanctioned podcast) has been applied here.

When you want to see something then you're going to see it.

While most of your postings are bordering delusional, I actually think you provide an alternative POV on the board most of the time.

You have completely lost the plot the last month.

You should go the way of mouncey2franklin. That might be a bit difficult though considering you are banned from every other board on the website.

Time for the 6th or 7th reincarnation of the alias I guess.

There wouldn't be a contrary opinion on the entire website if you had your way.

Your satisfaction with the inane being constantly gift wrapped as achievement speaks volumes.

Let’s face facts. I’m the most sensible poster on this Forum so allow me to bring this thread back on track. :stern look

It has to be said that none of us truly know how Noble will go as Coach. But honestly who is disputing that? He has plenty of experience in the Industry which is a positive but he hasn’t been coaching for a number of years which is a concern. At least the club went through a thorough process and deemed him the right person for the job.

As for the article, well you gots to sell hope. All clubs do it. Regardless if their Board is full of Left Wing slanted Transgender Greens who want Non Binary Toilets built at their Facilities or otherwise, they all do it. :stern look

Personally I hope that Noble is one switched on Dude and guides us to the Promised Land. But only Time will Tell that Story. :stern look

I don't want to get in a discussion argument about this but ... all PR is bullshit to a degree but one of the key things about it is controlling the message.

If Roos ends up not doing anything more with the club then the "neediness" you are describing serves the purpose of creating a narrative. The narrative is we are in control of the situation and got Roos in for what we needed, that is all. A "permanent advisory role with the board" could mean he will do * all for the next twelve months but we can say he is monitoring our new coaching set up. Still leaves the club in control of our narrative instead of dumb* media clowns like the ones we constantly bag here having that advantage.

And yes I agree that this article is a massive smoke enema for Roos. If he is that needy for positive media spin (and it seems that way with him) and working with us then giving him that positive spin helps us in the long run and puts him in a position where he needs our goodwill to keep that positive spin going. Which means we are in a better position to use him to our advantage. If we are using that sort of psychological manipulation to our advantage isn't that a good thing for a change?

You may like the media constantly being at war with us, i agree it suits our historical position better than anything else, but it definitely has an effect on how we are perceived by our own supporters who don't engage with places like this and possibly on our fortunes as a result. Anyway you are staying on ignore, in a page and a half you've been quoted 150 times and this is the only thing you have said worth responding to.

Cheers.

Its definitely a PR BJ for Roos. Look at the picture on the front with him pointing. Roos seems like he needs this crap imo and if we are working with him its probably good psychological management for us to give his ego a little pump up when he does something we appreciate or approve of. Its basic Skinnerbox conditioning. Roos presses the button ie does something useful for the club, then he gets a little ego boost in the paper. Everyone is happy except maybe Barrett and Caro.

Its definitely a PR BJ for Roos. Look at the picture on the front with him pointing. Roos seems like he needs this crap imo and if we are working with him its probably good psychological management for us to give his ego a little pump up when he does something we appreciate or approve of. Its basic Skinnerbox conditioning. Roos presses the button ie does something useful for the club, then he gets a little ego boost in the paper. Everyone is happy except maybe Barrett and Caro.
The fact remains Roos has cred with the AFL as an organisation. His presence alone (and not even doing anything) helps keep the crap written about us down to a dull roar.

That helps the average member and supporter, even if it doesn't allay the tragic's here.

The fact remains Roos has cred with the AFL as an organisation. His presence alone (and not even doing anything) helps keep the crap written about us down to a dull roar.

IMO this is a decent portion of why we have gotten him on.

we were consistently being slated as poorly run and that Archer was running everything.

We put Roos on. We had Arch and Brady do a Q&A and that noise has evaporated.

Roos is a form of insurance against the relocation and poor admin cries that will come from another down year in 2021. He makes it harder for the gutter snipes to take shots at us. If we wind up 17th and having to play infront of very small Melbourne crowds at 4:40 on a Sunday, then we are going to need some armour in the media.

Full page spread with a nice pic of the Coach in Club colours in todays Hun, i am in the glass 1/2 full camp here, after all the negative crap over the last 6 months, we appear to be on the front foot Re. media, and i have no complaints whatsoever, hope our membership numbers actually increase for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A

That helps the average member and supporter, even if it doesn't allay the tragic's here.
For sure. And if all that costs is a little ego boosting for him i don't see the problem. Its not like we have been winning flags or threatening anyway.

I think our admin actually have their s**t together reasonably well at the moment. We had a shitful time over the 2020 season and have alot of young players we want to keep and develop, not just the average member or supporter. The positivity in the media will be good for them even if they don't read it. The other people in their lives outside of footy will have positive feedback about the club and they will pick up on that.

Maybe LDU's mum never mentions the negative articles but if she starts saying things like "Good article on North the other day." What will happen?

"Mum I don't read that stuff." So what, he knows there is something positive being said about the side he plays in despite our shitful position. That will surely help his game.

From a PR perspective, it’s night and day how the media sees us in a few short weeks, if Paul Roos actually had anything to do with it, for mind, it’s money well spent.
I’d love to see the convos Roos had with some of the croc media guys.
tumblr_mfo783CQ0U1qhmyo1o8_r2_500.gif

Edit: use spoiler tags when language is OTT in the gif please mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The article is positive enough for me which is a good thing for a change - may it continue well into the 2020's.

The only negative for me is that if (as reported) Roosey hadn't contacted Noble and convinced him to apply, then Noble may have well just spent the next 15 years in footy admin and then retired. That hardly shows someone with a burning desire to make their mark as gun coach.

At least we have some hope, which is great, but I can't pretend I'm feeling the same level of excitement I did back in 93 when Pagan was appointed.

Do you think Noble is some great catch at this point in time?

If so, why?

I do.

Because he isn't Brad Scott and by extension, isn't Rhyce Shaw.

I liked the pressure we applied sporadically under Scott/Shaw but we had no system coming out of defensive 50, we kept recruiting players with similar flaws/limitations, put a lot of focus on winning the contested ball but did nothing to retain possession, we made little effort to improve on the basic skill level, there was no standards required for consistency of effort/application of basics.

He may not be able to address any of these problems, but it is a bit like getting someone like Thomas or LDU, you get excited about players like that getting drafted because there is the hope they will reach the potential, you don't judge them purely on their performance initially. A new coach is the same kind of feeling, you get excited about the potential of what we hope to be rather than what we are at present.

He hasn't been involved in coaching for some time, but he must have had a fair involvement with Fagan and the principles around playing a better/consistent brand of football that will hold up in finals.

I am sick of us being a club where you go to watch us play and you are not sure if this club is going to rock up and have a crack or not. You can call it PR, but I call it Hope. Hope that we are going to start doing everything from the top down better than we have in the past.

We may not execute what it is we are trying to do, but at least there is the desire to achieve something better.

Do you think Noble is some great catch at this point in time?

If so, why?
I don't. In fact I worry whether he has the ruthlessness required for the real success, or whether he is just a teacher who will work to improve the kids.
But it's clear that we have to sell the positive message right now, and hope the committee appointed the right man for the job. Why wouldn't we?

I’m kinda with Snake in not liking the Paul Roos connection attached to the club. It just doesn’t sit completely well with me. You can be sure he’ll get all the kudos if we come good. You can guarantee if it all goes south, it’ll be all down to us and nothing to do with him. On the other hand, I can live with all of that. It’s just good to see the temperature being lowered somewhat. Now we can really start to focus on LDU, Simpkin, Larkey, Stevo et al and look forward to the draft. For a couple of months, we’d really lost control of the narrative and we were in an apparent spiral. I think we’ve found our bottom and can start building from here.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back