Opinion No. 1 Ticket Holder - Vote 1 - Lavinia Hope

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm already getting excited about the AFL Women's League for 2017.

With the amazing and truly inspiring story of our marquee player Moana Hope (as shown on Australian Story recently), I thought that it would be a fitting way to acknowledge her role by putting forward her sister ~ Lavinia Hope ~ to be named our inaugural No 1 ticket holder for the Collingwood Women's Team.

Lavinia will be there each and every game to cheer on her sister, and this honour would be something she would cherish and would help to bring awareness to her condition to help her and other sufferers.

Your thoughts?

Personally I think the honour would better go to Alyssa Camplin because I think she was our first female board member (unless I'm mistaken) and she's been at the club for several years.

Or a female who has been at the club for a long time performing a role of some sort whether that's the cheer squad or something else.

It is a sweet gesture ...

... But Collingwood is staunchly egalitarian. Ed has said in the past that every Collingwood member is the number one ticket holder. I do like it that way.

Last edited:
I'm already getting excited about the AFL Women's League for 2017.

With the amazing and truly inspiring story of our marquee player Moana Hope (as shown on Australian Story recently), I thought that it would be a fitting way to acknowledge her role by putting forward her sister ~ Lavinia Hope ~ to be named our inaugural No 1 ticket holder for the Collingwood Women's Team.

Lavinia will be there each and every game to cheer on her sister, and this honour would be something she would cherish and would help to bring awareness to her condition to help her and other sufferers.

Your thoughts?

Beautiful thought Freddo. I too am getting excited about our women's team, much more than I expected to be. I'm already pining to see Mo Hope again, she hasn't been on TV for about a week!

ps ...

... On the subject of Moana Hope - she has become a fantastic ambassador for the club in such a short space of time.

But maybe we should wait until she's kicked a footy for us before we start idolising her?

Too late 76. I'm already besotted.

ps ...

... On the subject of Moana Hope - she has become a fantastic ambassador for the club in such a short space of time.

But maybe we should wait until she's kicked a footy for us before we start idolising her?

Not idolised.....just inspired by her story. She is a young lady who has fought adversity to win in life.....if she topped this off with some kicks and a few goals in the Mighty Black & White then we can call this the "cherry of top".

i
It is a sweet gesture ...

... But Collingwood is staunchly egalitarian. Ed has said in the past that every Collingwood member is the number ticket holder. I do like it that way.

I don't disagree with this comment.....as we all stand "side by side" as one.

Personally I think the honour would better go to Alyssa Camplin because I think she was our first female board member (unless I'm mistaken) and she's been at the club for several years.

Or a female who has been at the club for a long time performing a role of some sort whether that's the cheer squad or something else.

Fair point, and I think Sally Capp may have been on the board before Alyssa.

I'm sure there would be many great ladies who we could recognise, and mine was just a suggestion to open up conversation.

Freddo thank you for opening up this discussion. Hmmm, how about she is the first member of the inaugural women's cheer squad (assuming there will be one?)

Often (not always) #1 ticket holders have corporate obligations which may or may not be of interest to Lavinia.

Cheering, loyalty & passion definitely do seem her hallmarks and there is a relevant 'side by side' element to the sisters' relationship that fits well with the Collingwood ethos.

Freddo thank you for opening up this discussion. Hmmm, how about she is the first member of the inaugural women's cheer squad (assuming there will be one?)

Often (not always) #1 ticket holders have corporate obligations which may or may not be of interest to Lavinia.

Cheering, loyalty & passion definitely do seem her hallmarks and there is a relevant 'side by side' element to the sisters' relationship that fits well with the Collingwood ethos.

Great idea.....I would vote for this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back