MFC Fans Only Non-Dees Footy Chat 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol contradictory. So Goodwin's still the best coach in the league and it's Griffiths fault. Because at half time in every game except Geelong we have been infront.
There's a trend though.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular, nor suggesting why, but seems we aren't running out games as well as we did last year. As The Dr rightfully points out, the 6 week later start to preseason could be a factor, but historically speaking hasn't been for the multiple premiership winning teams of the past 12 years.

There's a trend though.

I'm not blaming anyone in particular, nor suggesting why, but seems we aren't running out games as well as we did last year. As The Dr rightfully points out, the 6 week later start to preseason could be a factor, but historically speaking hasn't been for the multiple premiership winning teams of the past 12 years.

You can't blame both though, if it's Griffiths fault then goody has coached with one arm behind his back and getting us 20 point up in games means he's still the master coach and its 100% fitness.

If it's cause we don't have burgo then all this huff and puff of playing JVR and Laurie, of needing to kick inside 50 better and of needing a key forward is just rubbish and all we need to do is sack Griffith and get someone else.

Its the biggest load of crap ever, how did the pies learn to run out games in one off season? They dont have burgo it should be impossible?
Burgo is the best marketer in the league and has sucked in so many people it's hilarious.

You can't blame both though, if it's Griffiths fault then goody has coached with one arm behind his back and getting us 20 point up in games means he's still the master coach and its 100% fitness.

If it's cause we don't have burgo then all this huff and puff of playing JVR and Laurie, of needing to kick inside 50 better and of needing a key forward is just rubbish and all we need to do is sack Griffith and get someone else.

Its the biggest load of crap ever, how did the pies learn to run out games in one off season? They dont have burgo it should be impossible?
Burgo is the best marketer in the league and has sucked in so many people it's hilarious.
Ah man I just wrote a big long winded reply about how Collingwoods age profile at the weekends game was actually on average 0.7 older than our line up, and how they're not actually the "baby pies" as they're being pointed out in the media therefore not a great example, and how burgo has taken 2 clubs now in theire first 2 years from outside the top 8 to preliminary/flag etc etc and somehow my phone froze and it went.

Point being I'm not saying he's the messiah, just saying he has done it at 2 afl clubs now and deserves a little bit of credit. Not saying he's 100% the reason, just saying history shows he's done it at 2 clubs.

Ah man I just wrote a big long winded reply about how Collingwoods age profile at the weekends game was actually on average 0.7 older than our line up, and how they're not actually the "baby pies" as they're being pointed out in the media therefore not a great example, and how burgo has taken 2 clubs now in theire first 2 years from outside the top 8 to preliminary/flag etc etc and somehow my phone froze and it went.

Point being I'm not saying he's the messiah, just saying he has done it at 2 afl clubs now and deserves a little bit of credit. Not saying he's 100% the reason, just saying history shows he's done it at 2 clubs.

Who's the pies fitness man? Who's the blues?
Who's the swans?

One bloke has lifted 2 clubs to prelims. Lol if that was a senior coaches record in the 8 odd years he's been at AFL clubs you'd laugh at that record.

Who's the pies fitness man? Who's the blues?
Who's the swans?

One bloke has lifted 2 clubs to prelims. Lol if that was a senior coaches record in the 8 odd years he's been at AFL clubs you'd laugh at that record.
Well just to clarify, he took port to finals and then a prelim. And he took us 17th to half a game out of 8, then a flag.

So 5 years at Port and made a prelim, just lost a semi and just lost a elimination and 2 years with us finished 9th then won the flag.

So your 7 years as coach would look like a flag, prelim, semi, elimination in no particular order.

Mate any coach with that record is gonna get extended for as long as he likes. We extended our bloke off a 15 goal prelim loss

Well just to clarify, he took port to finals and then a prelim. And he took us 17th to half a game out of 8, then a flag.

So 5 years at Port and made a prelim, just lost a semi and just lost a elimination and 2 years with us finished 9th then won the flag.

So your 7 years as coach would look like a flag, prelim, semi, elimination in no particular order.

Mate any coach with that record is gonna get extended for as long as he likes. We extended our bloke off a 15 goal prelim loss
Still mate you're giving him all the credit and 0 to the coach in those statements. There have been many examples of clubs making finals and winning flags without Burgo. In fact every side in the league except one season with us.
Yet somehow only one fitness bloke has managed to push his own name into the lights as the difference maker.

If he gets credit for our flag then the Dogs, Hawks, Cats, Tigers, Swans, Eagles and Pies fitness boss deserve the same or more credit

Name there fitness bosses without a Google search lol I'll wait

Still mate you're giving him all the credit and 0 to the coach in those statements. There have been many examples of clubs making finals and winning flags without Burgo. In fact every side in the league except one season with us.
Yet somehow only one fitness bloke has managed to push his own name into the lights as the difference maker.

If he gets credit for our flag then the Dogs, Hawks, Cats, Tigers, Swans, Eagles and Pies fitness boss deserve the same or more credit

Name there fitness bosses without a Google search lol I'll wait
Haha I think you missed the part in my previous messages where I said I'm not saying he's the messiah.

I'm just stating facts. He was there during that time at both clubs. Year 3 port dropped right off too, so who knows.

I just want to know why our blokes don't look to run games out as well as we did last year. Is it too taxing the way we defend? Or are we going forward too erratically and making ourselves run harder? We definitely don't seem to slow the game down and chip through like we did, is that a reason Not? Not sure, I can't tell.

Haha I think you missed the part in my previous messages where I said I'm not saying he's the messiah.

I'm just stating facts. He was there during that time at both clubs. Year 3 port dropped right off too, so who knows.

I just want to know why our blokes don't look to run games out as well as we did last year. Is it too taxing the way we defend? Or are we going forward too erratically and making ourselves run harder? We definitely don't seem to slow the game down and chip through like we did, is that a reason Not? Not sure, I can't tell.
Could be as simple as energy use, last year we were behind alot at quarter time and in the second quarter and would explode in the third. Alot of our games sucked to watch in the first half.
Now we explode early and have nearly iced every game in the second quarter and fade. Maybe there's an arrogance thinking s**t we are better than everyone at half time and when teams switch it up our blokes have already switched off 1 percent.

Collingwood are doing the exact same thing as us last year in coming from behind but how? They don't have burgo? The only bloke in the universe who can make people run and stop them getting injured.

I'll take a Geelong flag over the Pies, Tigers, Dogs or another Melbourne team any day of the week. You have to actually admire what they've done in picking themselves off the floor after last year, changing the game plan, recruiting + developing well and making the most out of the limited high draft picks they get.
Na it's still annoying but I agree it's preferable over Collingwood, Tigers, Dogs and Carlton.

Toby Greene ruled out for the rest of the year, so you can basically cross off the minute possibility of GWS knocking off Freo next week

So who makes finals? Who would you rather make finals?
Dogs need to win against GWS and Hawks (in Tassie). Last game might be tough but Hawthorn are out of the finals race so who knows.
Blues need to win one against us or Pies.

I'd rather see Dogs get in, even though they could challenge us. Would be funny as if Caltron * up finals for the thousandth year in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs need to win against GWS and Hawks (in Tassie). Last game might be tough but Hawthorn are out of the finals race so who knows.

I'd rather see Dogs get in, even though they could challenge us. Would be funny as if Caltron * up finals for the thousandth year in a row.

Much rather dogs than Carlton. If we finish 5th I don’t give a * who we play we aren’t winning the flag so I don’t care. The melts if Carlton miss will be extraordinary.

If we beat Carlton and the Doggies get up, hopefully they get up again on Sunday, Carlton supporters will have to sweat on the last sunday, like we had to in 2017.

What the *? They've already won one anyway.
I gather that They have already won a flag just saying
RE, the premise of the post was just If we didn't win wouldnt mind seeing Pendles/Sidey on the dias.

I couldn't cop Selwood/Cochin/Buddy winning one

I gather that They have already won a flag just saying
RE, the premise of the post was just If we didn't win wouldnt mind seeing Pendles/Sidey on the dias.

I couldn't cop Selwood/Cochin/Buddy winning one
Each to their own, I do agree Pendlebury and Sidebottom and are classy acts but they've had their time and the club outweighs the individuals imo and Collingwood winning the premiership is a nightmare. It was the same with Ablett in 2020 a lot of people saying it was a shame he didn't retire winning a premiership? Why he won two and would have won a 3rd had he not left for big bucks.

So, what are our ideal results this week?
  • Saints to get up over Brisbane (both for our chances and for lols at The Western)
  • Giants for reasons above, though that's not happening
  • Hawthorn because * Richmond
  • Sydney, or Collingwood? This is a tough one. If we go 1/2, then Collingwood is probably the favoured result. That being said, if Collingwood lose, there's also the possibility they drop Round 23 to Carlton, which I think is more likely than the Swans losing against St Kilda.

• Saints to get up over Brisbane (both for our chances and for lols at The Western)
  • Sydney, or Collingwood? This is a tough one. If we go 1/2, then Collingwood is probably the favoured result. That being said, if Collingwood lose, there's also the possibility they drop Round 23 to Carlton, which I think is more likely than the Swans losing against St Kilda.
Effectively we just win both games and we will be at "home" for a qualifying final either way. Then win that one for a home prelim.

Everything else is kinda irrelevant if we just win both games.

However, of we lose tomorrow.. we will finish 5th at best. If that happens who cares, bring on the big bash lel

Effectively we just win both games and we will be at "home" for a qualifying final either way. Then win that one for a home prelim.

Everything else is kinda irrelevant if we just win both games.

However, of we lose tomorrow.. we will finish 5th at best. If that happens who cares, bring on the big bash lel
If we lose tomorrow and beat Brisbane next week, we can still make the top four if:

-St Kilda beats Brisbane
-Collingwood beats Sydney (would come down to line ball percentage)

Or
- Sydney loses to Collingwood and St Kilda.

Or
- Freo loses to GWS

There's other machinations, but they're the main ones that spring to mind.

Saints to knock off Brisbane and Pies to knock off Sydney, we get a percentage booster against Carlton, and we could drop the Brissy game and still make top 4 (I think).

If we lose tomorrow and beat Brisbane next week, we can still make the top four if:

-St Kilda beats Brisbane
-Collingwood beats Sydney (would come down to line ball percentage)

Or
- Sydney loses to Collingwood and St Kilda.

Or
- Freo loses to GWS

There's other machinations, but they're the main ones that spring to mind.
Haha I can't go through that again.

Like watching West coast in 2017 and dogs in 2020 all over again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back