Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So you’ve watched this corrupt comp for so many years and now someone doesn’t fit your political ideology may become CEO you’re going to stop watching.
This is just *ing great. The club already does dodgy s**t using amabassadors to pay players outside the cap. Now that the ceo is the number one ticket holder, they will do whatever the * they want.

So you’ve watched this corrupt comp for so many years and now someone doesn’t fit your political ideology may become CEO you’re going to stop watching.

We have watched the most corrupt government ever for the last 9 years so putting 2 and 2 together with a corrupt ex treasurer being shoe horned in as CEO of and already corrupt AFL the mind boggles as to the outcome .Plus a Carlton no one ticket holder what possibly could go wrong.

We have watched the most corrupt government ever for the last 9 years so putting 2 and 2 together with a corrupt ex treasurer being shoe horned in as CEO of and already corrupt AFL the mind boggles as to the outcome .Plus a Carlton no one ticket holder what possibly could go wrong.
So the CEO position is perfect for Josh considering how corrupt the AFL is so why stop watching it now.

Keep it to the person and out of the general political or take it to the politics thread. You can then outline objectively how it is the 'most corrupt government ever' which I presume would include details of every government since our founding. Will be quite the read. I am travelling between meetings later and will look forward to the thorough breakdown with your inclusion and exclusion criteria...

Or perhaps we can keep it to the politics thread?

I've said it elsewhere but anytime someone moves from politics into private industry it should be investigated.

Completely agree. It would be refreshing to do an investigation on the lot of them that spans their initial election and their term in office.

As it is purely football - I am not sure how they would fill the role. Lets say Gale gets the position. How would he be any less partial to Richmond as a former president and player then a number 1 ticket holder would be to their club?

What options are there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Frydenburg as the AFL Ceo. God help us all.:oops:
gross james van der beek GIF

As it is purely football - I am not sure how they would fill the role. Lets say Gale gets the position. How would he be any less partial to Richmond as a former president and player then a number 1 ticket holder would be to their club?

What options are there?

Or a former director of FFC serving as Chairman of the AFL

A very simple arm's length rule regarding integrity would stuff quite a number of AFL clubs. Carlton is a big one.

(Taylor) Black Space Industries hiring half the Fremantle FC players at $100,000 a pop to be Brand Ambassadors and my mum is sitting on the FFC Board of Directors. No other club's players get to be Brand Ambassadors.

... Just try and not make that sound dodgy.

Keep it to the person and out of the general political or take it to the politics thread. You can then outline objectively how it is the 'most corrupt government ever' which I presume would include details of every government since our founding. Will be quite the read. I am travelling between meetings later and will look forward to the thorough breakdown with your inclusion and exclusion criteria...

Or perhaps we can keep it to the politics thread?

Truth is hard to swallow. Icac is coming, dacks are filling , brown stains are hard to hide.

It's kind of sad tbh. People overly invested in politics always seem irritable and outraged; it seems exhausting to live your life this way? Most politicians are motivated by self-interest and don't really give a s**t about me and you or even this country, picking who to revere and who to demonise seems a pointless exercise when they're all insincere, self-promoting narcissistic campaigners.

It's kind of sad tbh. People overly invested in politics always seem irritable and outraged; it seems exhausting to live your life this way? Most politicians are motivated by self-interest and don't really give a s**t about me and you or even this country, picking who to revere and who to demonise seems a pointless exercise when they're all insincere, self-promoting narcissistic campaigners.
Absolutely this. I cared too much about politics and it really affected my mindset at the time. It really is something that you can't change so if you stop caring, it'll improve your life immensely. They don't give a s**t about you.

Absolutely this. I cared too much about politics and it really affected my mindset at the time. It really is something that you can't change so if you stop caring, it'll improve your life immensely. They don't give a s**t about you.

Yesssss, come to the dark side.

Your next step is realising that the political issues given to argue about are the distraction.

I’m just looking for an excuse to stop caring about footy and this would be a good one that might actually work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back