Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have the heart to check, but I wonder what the overlap is between Hawks posters in the 'Can Hawthorn succeed whilst ignoring the top end of the draft' thread who for 2 or 3 years where in their insisting they could and those now in there insisting they will be back and running in a year or two. They are so f'ckd.

1634700193380.png

I see Sam Reid at Sydney has signed another one year deal...

Is it just me or does he seem a lot older than he actually is? He's 29 but feels like he's been around forever and I thought he was at least 32 years old.

Is it just me or does he seem a lot older than he actually is? He's 29 but feels like he's been around forever and I thought he was at least 32 years old.

I didn't even know he was still playing.

I remember his age for the following reason.

At Pick 36, Smart had to choose between a local boy (Joel Houghton) and a Victorian (Sam Reid) and didn’t see much between them. He naturally chose the local.

I also remember Houghton was drafted the same year as Fyfe.

Between Morabito’s knees not being ****ed and a component key forward that draft probably wins us a premiership.

At Pick 36, Smart had to choose between a local boy (Joel Houghton) and a Victorian (Sam Reid) and didn’t see much between them. He naturally chose the local.

Between Morabito’s knees not being ****ed and a component key forward that draft probably wins us a premiership.
He's done well to stretch his career out so long, pretty average player. I'm backing JHo to come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think just Morabito being fit would have got us a premiership. The kid had the goods.

Problem is he’s capable of above average. But just being slammed with injuries. Don’t forget his mark at the SCG.. you know. Against us.
No he isn't. Sure he's had injuries, but has still managed 6 full seasons in all this time. He's only kicked 30 goals twice in his career with a highest of 31 which was in 2012!
If he couldn't ruck a bit as well he'd have been delisted years ago.

Joel Houghton was just drafted to pave the way for his sister Gemma 😉

I don't think Sam Reid played all his games as a forward. He played in the backline for a while, but the early part of his career was more promising than it turned out to be.

One of his games against Fremantle he played at FF and got the better of McPharlin at the SCG. He had Luke for pace on the lead and long a reach with his arms up couldn't be spoiled. I remember thinking at the time how rare that was. (Looking it up on AFL tables I think it must have been Rd 2, 2012).

I don't think Sam Reid played all his games as a forward. He played in the backline for a while, but the early part of his career was more promising than it turned out to be.

One of his games against Fremantle he played at FF and got the better of McPharlin at the SCG. He had Luke for pace on the lead and long a reach with his arms up couldn't be spoiled. I remember thinking at the time how rare that was. (Looking it up on AFL tables I think it must have been Rd 2, 2012).
He nearly beat us single-handed my in the 2015 semi final if I recall correctly. I think he may have played on the wing?

Nope my memory is clearly stuffed. He limped off in the second quarter apparently 😂

It was Schneider that killed us in the semi in 2006 from memory. Roger had done a great job keeping him quiet for 3 quarters but then he went bang and turned the game.

Reid has been a thorn in our side over the years though. A game saving defensive mark is stuck in my mind for some reason. Not sure what game it was but Johnno was having a shot that fell a touch short from memory and Reid marked under little pressure from McPharlin from memory.

Reid has been a thorn in our side over the years though. A game saving defensive mark is stuck in my mind for some reason. Not sure what game it was but Johnno was having a shot that fell a touch short from memory and Reid marked under little pressure from McPharlin from memory.
was the draw against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back