North, Crows, Port, Essendon - who has the more upside in 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows and Bombers.

Softer draw and less injuries and I'd back the Crows to bounce back to finals.
Bombers appear to be on the up. Land a good mid in the off season and they'll be pretty good.

Depends if Crows get their off field stuff sorted including their fitness team
Season was destroyed by injuries and that preseason camp

Bombers wasted half the year working out how they wanted to play will be interesting if they are all on the same page next year

A lot to happen between now and then, but Essendon look likely for top four.
Top 4!
Bit of a reach but they did look good at times.

Port has the capacity to play top standard football but are so inconsistent

They were knocking on the door of top 4 just over a month ago. Not sure what the reason for the last 6 weeks was down to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top 4!
Bit of a reach but they did look good at times.

Port has the capacity to play top standard football but are so inconsistent

They were knocking on the door of top 4 just over a month ago. Not sure what the reason for the last 6 weeks was down to
The inconsistency is a thing, but if they put it together for most of a season instead of a couple of 3 week patches, top four isn't that big a stretch. I guess the same could be said for a few sides, but Essendon look more capable than most, imo.

The 9th place side could be about to add Polec and Gaff. Upside there for sure.
Essendon have the most of the 4 though.
Expect the Crows to bounce back with a better pre season plan.
Not too optimistic about Port. Wasn't sure on their recruits and they will only be a year older next season.

I’m obviously biased but..

Milera, Laird, Smith, Seedsman, proving all our drive out of half back and through the middle next year is going to be something to behold..

A fit and injury free tex

A soft draw

The crouch brothers back together with Sloane and Gibbs.. possibly the most annoying thing about this season was not getting to see these four lads play together. Brad crouch was a massive out for us.. he’s so underrated it’s not funny

A proper uninterrupted preseason with no CM stupidity

Another preseason, and the experience that comes with it, into fog, gallucci, doedee, Murphy

Three top 25 draft picks (and possibly 4 if gov leaves) in a bumper draft crop is bound to add atleast 1 or 2 immediate impact players.

Mackay and douglas finally not being automatic best 22.

Barring another terrible injury run in the first half of next year and we’ll be top 4 if not top 2 imo.. Sloane, Smith and bcrouch out most of the year, coupled with tex played injured and unfit, was horrid for us this year. We could do with a new ruckman though!

Adelaide should be Top 4 and Essendon playing finals.

Port will always be in that 6-10 range at best as long as Hinkey is there. He's a good peoples person but he doesn't know football and is one of the worst game day coaches. North will be around the same if not a bit lower, the list is still average. It's just disciplined experienced players sticking to a system while their bottom end / youngsters are bad. They tunnel visioned a finals spot instead of exposing more players, something they'll end up doing 12 months late. I feel like their season was one of the biggest wastes even if they did exceed W/L expectations. Lucky to have BB for 22 games also, needs stable support next season.

In terms with us, we will hopefully have a full strength team and our midfield would be nice with:
Seedsman - B.Crouch - Sloane
Jacobs - M.Crouch - Gibbs

I feel like we will have alot more run and carry with Milera, Smith , Seedsman , Gibbs and Sloane. I believe we can make top four next season especially with a softer draw :D

North and Essendon will be strong next season and can push high up the ladder and should make finals. Port Adelaide, I'm unsure on due to the Hinkley factor, Ryder nearing the end and potentially losing Polec who provides their run and carry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back