North Melbourne and Hobart games

Remove this Banner Ad

Just came up on the 'coming up next' bit of local news. Will edit with any notes when it comes on.

Negotiating at the moment.
Clear growing fan base down here.
Brad and the rest of the club feel there is unlimited potential in Tasmania.
CEO says clubs focus is on Hobart, not willing to look to Launceston while Hawks are contracted.
Club says the redeveloped Blundstone is fast coming a selling point to committing.
New kids program set up in Hobart.
Looking at 3 games a year in new contract.

Yeah, as long as we've a debt we can be classified as vulnerable by those that are paid to write s**t.

I'd have no issue with four games in Hobart.

As I've said before, 3 and a pre-season game would be about right imo.

If hawks can play 4 with almost double our supporter base and their fans are happy, I'm more then happy to give 4 games to tassie. It will really help us wipe away our debt and then we can start bringing in the best of everything (facilities, coaches, and having membership packs with scarfs over lanyards :rolleyes:)

We're not in the same position as Hawthorn, and the public view us differently.

Max 3 in-season games.

That's right, we are in far more debt. Hence extra games are even more necessary.

3 in season games won't keep AFL Hobart happy I assure you. The easy response to that assertion is "well tell them to so and so", but essentially the power is with those holding the funds and it would be a shame for Nth to miss and Dogs or Melb take the lucrative contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP updated.

Negotiating at the moment.
Clear growing fan base down here.
Brad and the rest of the club feel there is unlimited potential in Tasmania.
Dilena says clubs focus is on Hobart, not willing to look to Launceston while Hawks are contracted.
Club says the redeveloped Blundstone is fast coming a selling point to committing.
New kids program set up in Hobart.
Looking at 3 games a year in new contract.

Thanks DP.

3 would be good. $750K (right now) a game direct + gate and sponsorship on game day should net $1mil per game. Then membership...

Financially it would be a good deal.

If it meant 100% of TPP or reduced debt by 500k then another game would not go astray.

We are effectively at 90% of the cap for 2014 with prepayments and have cap room for 2 senior players.

It sounds like they may be going for a reasonable sized fish at trade/ FA time.

I would rather us wait and see what outcomes come from the equalisation talks before making any commitments. We are already contracted for next season so there is no rush.

I think if they increase the number of games there will be a drop-off from supporters as people will be of the opinion we have just gone full circles back to where we were in the past with selling games.

Don't compare us to Hawks, they made a massive investment in the eastern suburbs before they started to sell games to Tasmania, our Victorian push barely lasted two years. We have more members than we have ever had and our attendances are massively off, our supporter base is spread all over the place and we have too few in any one location which is bad for a football club.

If hawks can play 4 with almost double our supporter base and their fans are happy, I'm more then happy to give 4 games to tassie. It will really help us wipe away our debt and then we can start bringing in the best of everything (facilities, coaches, and having membership packs with scarfs over lanyards :rolleyes:)
We're not! (but realise the financial benefit)
We just can't do squat about it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back