- Sep 4, 2003
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Balmain, GreenBay, Edmonton, Celtic
Barty returns; Serena no threat? Osaka to exit early?
Yes lets pray Storm get up for all the more salt.
1. The salary cap cheating.
2. Still claiming no one knew anything about the rorts apart from fall-guy ex-AFL club CEO Brian Waldron.
3. The illegitimate Provan Summons premiership trophies still on display in the club foyer.
4. The two sets of books.
5. GI’s boat.
6. Bringing wrestling into rugby league courtesy of jiu-jitsu coach John Donehue.
7. The original grapple tackle.
8. The Chicken Wing.
9. The Rolling Pin.
10. The Crusher.
11. The Wingnut.
12. The Hip Drop.
13. Because it’s always a Sydney-agenda whenever anyone dares express an opinion about the Storm’s grubby tactics.
14. For claiming Manly pioneered the wrestle complete with a photograph of a Sea Eagles honour roll with a wrestling coach dug up from the 1990s. Please.
15. Referee Cameron.
16. Smith’s testimonial at least three seasons before he retired
17. Smith’s never-ending John Farnham farewell tour.
18. Barb’s $15,000 diamond ring.
19. For ostracising club legend Cooper Cronk for daring to leave the purple cult.
20. Robbing Nathan Hindmarsh of a grand final ring in 2009.
21. Because like the wack-job religious cult of Scientology, anyone who doesn’t worship at the Storm alter is immediately excommunicated. For life.
22. Because most Victorians still refer to rugby league as “the rugby”.
23. Because there is nothing rugby league about sipping on a latte in a laneway bar wearing a turtleneck skivvy.
24. For pioneering Billy Slater’s now banned Bend It like David Beckham slide tackle to save a try.
25. Because even if you do worship at the Storm altar the only yarns you’re allowed to tell are stories which paint Melbourne as the greatest sporting organisation in history.