Werewolf OES and Barrybran present: The Philosopher's Wolf - DAY FOUR[TRADITIONAL]

Remove this Banner Ad

Also was The Half Back the only person to notice that I changed my avatar to Donald Trump (the apprentice) when I got my role, and then subsequently to Professor Trelawney (seer/witch) once I got recruited?

Genuinely curious. It was my own way of entertaining myself for a bit.
I noticed but had no idea it was WW game related :D

I assumed you were across it. Couldn’t work out why you weren’t ratting me out to everyone :p

He was too busy making up stories about having the amulet

He was too busy making up stories about having the amulet
Don’t even get me started on you.

I just want one game where you don’t start up the “Tarks is evil” narrative. Surely by now you’ve realised I’m mostly not evil, I just have no clue? :p

So there I was Chappyuk , having seered the witch and deciding whether to out her directly. Decided against it because of the recruits, then opened the thread.
What. The. Actual. *.:D:D

So there I was Chappyuk , having seered the witch and deciding whether to out her directly. Decided against it because of the recruits, then opened the thread.
What. The. Actual. ****.:D:D

At least you stayed quiet U2 couldn't help himself.

Re: the Jester.
They could win and have the game keep going. There would need to be some disincentive for the rest of the village though. How about Jester wins, game keeps going. Anyone who voted for the Jester to be lynched loses any night powers for that night, and can't vote the next day.

Would also discourage mindless bandwagons

OES SM

They could win and have the game keep going. There would need to be some disincentive for the rest of the village though. How about Jester wins, game keeps going. Anyone who voted for the Jester to be lynched loses any night powers for that night, and can't vote the next day.

OES SM
That's the best suggestion yet.

The village had between them seven opportunities to rid themselves of the jester before today, and then an ongoing opportunity every night to eliminate them as well. Not to mention that the seer has four opportunities to seer them. And on top of that evil factions had to have logged a combined eight attempts at a kill between them before it even becomes a possibility that the jester could be lynched under a win condition.

It falls on the village today as to consider why tigland might be motivated to put together such a limp defence as to why he shouldn’t be lynched and to have reconsidered accordingly. To my eye that didn’t happen.

Not to mention that it enhances the ability for evil to mislead the village as well. I think the inclusion definitely adds a lot more to the game than say the mayor or hooker does.
It didn't matter. I considered that he could be the jester and I'm sure everyone else did. But to me either he either was or he wasn't the jester regardless of what he said or did. In this game we saw people put up no defence, others try everything to get out of the lynch and tigland play it the way he did. It didn't matter how they play it, you have to vote for who you think is evil. If we decided to lynch anyone else and they acted exactly the same way tigland did the game wouldn't have been over. But if we'd changed from them on the off chance they might be the jester and went for tigland we'd have lost for doing it.
You can't change your vote based on that possibility because it's exactly the same possibility for the person you'd be changing to. It's russian roulette.

I understand where you're coming from and I don't think this role will sit well with everyone but that's ok.

One thing you have to realise is that it's incredibly difficult to get through to day four like tigland had to. You have to be a little bit lucky to avoid being hit. But a little bit smart to plant the seed that you're evil. Tarks Brought up earlier that it's akin to having the serial killer get through to day eight since they just have to survive through lynches not nights.

I also like it as a neutral role. Not aligned to anyone else. It just works better that way I feel.

But I also understand that you might feel a little robbed.
I understand that there are others who like the jester and love the way this game went. I don't dislike the concept. I just don't like that the game was over well before it should have been
Do you know why the jester wasn't mentioned much at all today? It wasn't because we weren't thinking about it. I know it was heavily on my mind all day. It's because there was absolutely nothing we could have done about it because the jester could have been any one of a number of people.

I agree that if the jester has a win condition you can't play on once he/she has won as it eliminates the risk for the other players so I think you made the right call in that regard.

I think it's a great concept but probably in more of a fun, bragging rights challenge rather than a final win result that stops the game from being played out. Plus, give him the power to perform a few tricks on people during the day. It's the jester after all :)

Can alternate between the following from day to day. Cannot choose the same person twice...
Sing - Choose one person to post only using song lyrics per day.
Dance (around the subject) - The person is not allowed to reply to any questions

Can perform the following daily...
Ventriloquism - he can force people to post whatever the jester wants to say (1-3 per day).
Charm - can influence one person to change their lynch vote at any time and not change back (1 per day)

The people can't say they were influenced in any of the above.

Upon being lynched under the jester conditions played in this game...
Encore - He was so successful in his performance that any three people of his choice who voted to lynch him that day die of laughter.

These may be a little bit too much power but they can be changed. It makes the jester role entertaining and deadly without actually ending the game.

Also was The Half Back the only person to notice that I changed my avatar to Donald Trump (the apprentice) when I got my role, and then subsequently to Professor Trelawney (seer/witch) once I got recruited?

There are other ways that don’t affect us mate.

OES SM
What a fun next night/day :p no night moves and votes, everyone voted for tigland didn’t they?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can alternate between the following from day to day. Cannot choose the same person twice...
Sing - Choose one person to post only using song lyrics per day.
Dance (around the subject) - The person is not allowed to reply to any questions

Can perform the following daily...
Ventriloquism - he can force people to post whatever the jester wants to say (1-3 per day).
Charm - can influence one person to change their lynch vote at any time and not change back (1 per day)

The people can't say they were influenced in any of the above.

Upon being lynched under the jester conditions played in this game...
Encore - He was so successful in his performance that any three people of his choice who voted to lynch him that day die of laughter.
I personally like the idea that the jester being lynched ends the game because it forces the village to actually think about what is going on rather than bandwagon. That said, i do understand that lynching one person and having the game end is a little silly.

I like your ideas around building other features into the jester role. Tigland played the role perfectly but if we're being honest, sitting in the dark for two days, planting seeds for one day and casting doubt before being lynched isn't really jester-ish. I like the idea that the jester can be an entertaining role by influencing the game. I'm not sure that killing three people with an encore is the way to go but I'd certainly take one out. I'd be tempted to go one further and have the jester take out a villager rather than any player that voted for them, however that would mean a potential delay in death while the mod sorts that out and liaises with the dying jester. Might not work but throwing it out there.

I just put it down to a mid-life crisis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back