List Mgmt. Official 2016 trade period discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

TIME TO GET THE LUBE OUT WE ALL KNOW HOW WE HANDLE THE TRAD EPERIOD

We do?

Where is this overwhelming evidence that we routinely get screwed at the trade table? Because I'm yet to see it.

#getbrett

That's how I feel.
Unless Richmond has a brain fade fire sale, looks very unlikely.

#geelongsquiettradeperiod2016

I need to work on a catchier hashtag. :(

Stephen Wells:

Motlop is a contracted player and I expect he will be playing at Geelong next year.

We expect Richmond won't let Deledio go.

Expect Lonergan to play on.

Menzel about to re-sign.

Contract offer on the table for Kersten, waiting to hear from him, he has met with Fremantle.
Wells interview:
  • "Possible" we'll trade up to get back into the first round
  • Expects Motlop will play at Geelong in 2017
  • Hoping to use plenty of picks in the draft
  • Would like to help the backline, find more run
  • We have an interest in Deledio
  • Daniel Wells will not be playing at Geelong
  • Plan is for Lonergan to play on next year
  • Menzel contract to be announced soon
  • Expecting to hear from Kersten & Freo soon (sounds gone IMO)
  • Vardy is welcome to stay at Geelong but is exploring his option
  • Would you trade Motlop? "Depends on the trade offer" "Not many players on any list you wouldn't trade"
  • No comment on Bartel
Summary of Wells interview with trade radio:

Daniel Wells will NOT be joining Geelong
We are looking to boost the backline and speed either VIA draft or trade
Expecting Motlop to stay with Geelong (but is open to trade)
Of course we have interest in Deledio
Expecting Menzel to sign a new contract soon
Talks with signing Tom Lonergan, expecting him to play with Geelong next year
Freo interested in Kersten but we would like to keep him
Vardy is looking at other options (doesnt look like he's staying with Geelong)
No one has requested a trade to Geelong..... yet.

Good work everyone. I'm liking the sounds of all of that.

Still doesn't help our main issue; slow ball movement out of defence. Mackie, Lonners.... One of those two needs to move on I'd think.
If our defense is...

Lonergan, Taylor, Kolodjashnij, Thurlow, Mackie and Ruggles then forget about next year.

I'm more than happy to retain Motlop (in fact I'll be really disappointed if we don't), and our only movement to be trading fringe players like Kersten and Vardy and potentially bundling up two picks in the 30s for something in the 20s to a club that needs points for academy picks.

I'm not sure what the obsession with the first round is. If our first pick ends up between 25-40 we should still expect to land a good player. In the last three years alone players taken in this region include Josh Dunkley, Jack Steele, Touk Miller, Zach Merrett, Rory Lobb and Lewis Taylor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more than happy to retain Motlop (in fact I'll be really disappointed if we don't), and our only movement to be trading fringe players like Kersten and Vardy and potentially bundling up two picks in the 30s for something in the 20s to a club that needs points for academy picks.

I'm not sure what the obsession with the first round is. If our first pick ends up between 25-40 we should still expect to land a good player. In the last three years alone players taken in this region include Josh Dunkley, Jack Steele, Touk Miller, Zach Merrett, Rory Lobb and Lewis Taylor.

The players in the 1st round included Weitering,Mills,Riloi,Schache,Weideman<Milera etc that's why we want 1st round picks

The players in the 1st round included Weitering,Mills,Riloi,Schache,Weideman<Milera etc that's why we want 1st round picks

Weitering, Mills and Schache were all top 3 picks. We ain't getting one of those unless we trade Danger or Sel.

Weitering, Mills and Schache were all top 3 picks. We ain't getting one of those unless we trade Danger or Sel.
Totally agree..

But it seems like it's fun to complain about it anyway.. o_O

Go Catters

Looks like another year of "too tall backline" whinges with Lonergan playing on. Really strange move.
Maybe he is transitioned out... playing plenty of VFL?

I wonder if Kerstos decision will be impacted by Hamling... if his best mate goes back home to WA that may change his thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back