Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute rubbish.

He's not on a contract anyone else wouldn't have offered.

If Carlton gets 2 first in better drafts for Gibbs Wines is easily worth 2.

Yes, adelaide desperately wants gibbs, no one is desperately wanting wines. You keep a disgruntled player who is also the captain, well the risk is on the club keeping him. We are happy to give 2 second rounders and not a first because wines while in prime age, he is not in great form. His form in 2019 does not warrant over the top price, his market price would be 2 second rounder, and perhaps a player. So 2 second rounders (2019 and 2020) plus mcmillan.

Yes, adelaide desperately wants gibbs, no one is desperately wanting wines. You keep a disgruntled player who is also the captain, well the risk is on the club keeping him. We are happy to give 2 second rounders and not a first because wines while in prime age, he is not in great form. His form in 2019 does not warrant over the top price, his market price would be 2 second rounder, and perhaps a player. So 2 second rounders (2019 and 2020) plus mcmillan.
I swear BF posters on this board are the most delirious people ever.

No one wants Wines
Spud plus Spud plus Spud = star

Posts should be screened.

Really? Because he was almost traded to Essendon last year. The offer was made, Martin agreed to the trade and Gold Coast balked. I'm guessing that too many senior players had left already.

Probably a good thing for Essendon. They needed that first rounder for Shiel.

Off-topic, but Jack Martin is close friends with Charlie Dixon. He was definately interested in heading to Port last year.

Port fans, humour me for a second:

Imagine the fantasy world where he requests a trade and Port are amenable for the right price (as unrealistic as I think that is in reality)

Whats the going price for him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the fantasy world where he requests a trade and Port are amenable for the right price (as unrealistic as I think that is in reality)

They've been pretty clear they're after two first rounders.

I think that probably about right to be honest as long as they aren't top 10 picks.

But I doubt they'll get it so I think he'll be staying.

It would be a sellers market. I don’t know what offers it would take to sway port but they would have to be big. They’re not gonna discard him for pennies because he’s had one injury interrupted crap year.

He is a very good contested player but regularly butchers the ball with his dodgy kicking. Champion data only rate him as an average player because of it. At the price Port will ask, I doubt there will be as much interest in him from the clubs as from the supporters here.

He is a very good contested player but regularly butchers the ball with his dodgy kicking. Champion data only rate him as an average player because of it. At the price Port will ask, I doubt there will be as much interest in him from the clubs as from the supporters here.
Yes but you also have to take into account that Champion Data are a bunch of incompetent hacks.

He’s obviously had an absolute ‘mare this year, but Wines is a very valuable player that would attract tons of interest. His kicking and speed keep him from the very top echelons, but he can do everything else, and should for a long time to come.

Off the top of my head, I’d bet the Swans would love him to replace the aging/retiring midfielders and complement their young talent. Blues would certainly ask too - would form a brutal combo with Cripps.

I’d probably want a Top 10 and a late first at minimum. Who knows though. It is definitely a sellers market for Wines and if he in any way indicated he was interesting in going home, you’d think his price would get driven up by multi-club interest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back