Recommitted Ollie Wines [re-signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

A Fantasia/Ollie Wines straight swap would be a win for Port Adelaide.

Port have other players more than capable in the midfield. They need better goal scorers.

Fantasia is a forward who's never kicked 40 goals in a season and who's only kicked 30+ goals in a season once, two years ago. This is a laughable post.

Isn't Ollie Wines playing SANFL.

Umm ... no. No he isn't. I feel like I shouldn't need to point that out, as it's very easily publicly accessible information, but no he isn't. Next question?

We don’t have a first rounder. Hence why we wouldn’t be involved here.
2020 first. AFL makes exceptions to the restriction rule all the time.

Your club should be doing everything it can to land a tall, powerful midfielder like Wines. Difference in midfield power was by far the biggest difference between us and you a week and a half ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol way to twist the truth.

He was going to play SANFL until Butters was a late out due to injury just the other week.

Because Wines himself was coming back from injury having not played for a month.

Shame for us if he leaves this year, Essendon have been him to multiple times in past years but have been unable to shake him loose.

This year we have zero trade currency so wouldn’t be in the hunt.

If Milton goes to Sydney you will have currency.
The guts of a trade could be :
Carlton pick 7~8(Adelaide) to Sydney for Papley.
Pick 7~8 to Essendon for Milton.
Pick 7~8 to Port for Wines.
There would obviously need to be add on’s, but there is a starting point to work from.

Come on mate, even the coach said he wasn't best 22

He absolutely did not say that. He said that he didn't want to change a winning team. To his huge detriment, Ken very rarely changes a winning team. It's why Todd Goldstein had arguably a career best game on the weekend against a rookie in his 5th game while last year's premiership ruckman sat in the SANFL.

Wines has been on our list for seven years. If you can find a team sheet that reads "Ollie Wines (omitted)", even once, throughout that seven year period, I'll concede that I'm wrong. But don't bother looking, because you'd be wasting your time.

Hypothetical trade

EFC In: Wines
Out: Francis, second round pick

Would love to keep Francis - as he is our Hurley replacement but We do need that inside grunt midfielder a role we have lacked since Watson retired.
I guess Port would enquire about Fantasia and Redman as well.
And with Hooker + Hurley a few years left as well as Ambrose who has improved heaps, plus a developing zerk thatcher - we probably have the option to offload a key defender like we did with Carlise.

Hypothetical trade

Would love to keep Francis - as he is our Hurley replacement but We do need that inside grunt midfielder a role we have lacked since Watson retired.
And with Hooker + Hurley a few years left as well as Ambrose who has improved heaps, plus a developing zerk thatcher - we probably have the option to offload a key defender like we did with Carlise.
Would rather do

Orazio + 2nd for Wines + 3rd

We can cover the loss of orazio but francis is part of our future defense.

Hypothetical trade

I think that trade will remain hypothetical. Wines is worth a mid first and change. Don’t think Francis and a second comes close.

They've been pretty clear they're after two first rounders.

I think that probably about right to be honest as long as they aren't top 10 picks.

But I doubt they'll get it so I think he'll be staying.
I dunno, call me crazy but the cats are likely about to get two firsts for 25 year old Kelly. 25 year old wines might be a decent replacement. He's had a bad year but is a bull. West Coast stooge us with two late firsts I'd give them up for wines. Almost like for like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back