No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that was similar was the way Butler and George played. They were manic with the pressure. Both had outstanding games
They did. :) They were great and the Carlton defenders didn't really know what to do with them.

Though that Dusty bomb into Josh Caddy in our F50 is as awesome as I remember it being. :D

It shouldn't, but it does annoy me the Bulldogs didn't cop this amount of criticism from the media, and criticism and ridicule from opposition supporters. At the end of the day we have the flag, but the players and coaching staff deserve praise and not all the s**t they are copping

Yeah true true but the comments are usually followed by a more reasonable poster who calls them out for being jealous. I think the Sydney game Day thread was by far the most interesting reading. You'd swear these jerks haven't won anything of late, as jealous as you can get. Interestingly I think the Collingwood fans are the most humble in their game Day thread, most really wanted us to win.

I actually rewatched that game last night. That Richmond was very different to Grand Final Richmond. For one our third quarter was horrendous, glad we got that fixed up. :D Game Day Thread would definitely be hilarious.
I've been wanting to go back through the Collingwood pre season match thread, both ours and theirs. There was some arrogant rubbish from Pies fans based on their dominant first half that day!!! Remember Gerard Healy's comments too. Didn't he pretty much write us off based on that match??? :drunk:

Motlop officially a port player. Geelong to receive end of first round pick for him (currently 19).
Geelong getting kissed on the dick by AFL as per usual.

It would be worth digging up the round 1 Richmond vs Carlton game day thread on the main board. Every year it's littered with smug campaigners claiming "neither of these teams will play finals". They're nearly always wrong but it would be extra hilarious this year.
I actually rewatched that game last night. That Richmond was very different to Grand Final Richmond. For one our third quarter was horrendous, glad we got that fixed up. :D Game Day Thread would definitely be hilarious.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-2017-r1-carlton-v-richmond-mcg-7-20pm.1160481/

Motlop officially a port player. Geelong to receive end of first round pick for him (currently 19).
*Gold Coast

Absolute joke that they get pick 19 for a player that nobody wanted for two seasons. Reported to be on the same amount as Vickery, same age as he was, so why the hell didn't we get pick 19 instead of 29?

I've been wanting to go back through the Collingwood pre season match thread, both ours and theirs. There was some arrogant rubbish from Pies fans based on their dominant first half that day!!! Remember Gerard Healy's comments too. Didn't he pretty much write us off based on that match??? :drunk:

yep. commentators wrote us off in that jlt game. was talk of pies top 4 as well

The one on the main board is better, I had a stoush with quite a few Pies who thought I was off my head for suggesting we would finish higher then Collingwood and the greatest midfield ever assembled.

The one on the main board is better, I had a stoush with quite a few Pies who thought I was off my head for suggesting we would finish higher then Collingwood and the greatest midfield ever assembled.
Didn't read that one at the time but I seem to remember that was the main discussion at the time, Pies thought they would finish higher than us based purely on one good half in a pre season match AND after we almost ran them down from a long way back!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say it's more the AFL looking after their product with the Gold Coast Suns (I can't even type than team name without cringing).

They hope that the compensation pick will go to the GC for Gaz and they might finally get some elite players that bring success and coin to the area.

As far as I'm concerned, the quicker the GC Suns are not in the AFL, the better it will be for the competition.

I'd say it's more the AFL looking after their product with the Gold Coast Suns (I can't even type than team name without cringing).

They hope that the compensation pick will go to the GC for Gaz and they might finally get some elite players that bring success and coin to the area.

As far as I'm concerned, the quicker the GC Suns are not in the AFL, the better it will be for the competition.

Get rid of gws as well . s**t stain clubs both of them.

Get rid of gws as well . s**t stain clubs both of them.
I can actually see GWS with their growing population and sports rivalry (with Sydney at least) becoming really potent and impressive. It may take 10-20 years to see these results in full force.

But Gold Coast Suns? It just feels so empty, and maybe a never ending "nothing" football club.

Last edited:
I can actually see GWS with their growing population and sports rivalry (with Sydney at least) becoming really potent and impressive. It may take 10-20 years to see these results in full force.

But Gold Coast Suns? It just feels so empty, and maybe never ending a "nothing" football club.
I'm with you. I know people call GWS the plastics but I think eventually they'll be a good addition to the AFL and the AFL'a footprint in Sydney. However if the NRL couldn't get a club going on the GC which is in NRL heartland, what makes the AFL think they can?

I'm with you. I know people call GWS the plastics but I think eventually they'll be a good addition to the AFL and the AFL'a footprint in Sydney. However if the NRL couldn't get a club going on the GC which is in NRL heartland, what makes the AFL think they can?
Exactly.

Basketball, soccer, rugby, etc have all failed on the Gold Coast. Why? It's not a sporting landmark for a proffesional club. The AFL need to learn that a square peg doesn't fit into a round hole.

GWS will thrive. It just needs time.

Exactly.

Basketball, soccer, rugby, etc have all failed on the Gold Coast. Why? It's not a sporting landmark for a proffesional club. The AFL need to learn that a square peg doesn't fit into a round hole.

GWS will thrive. It just needs time.

Lots more expat Vics in the goldy to bring up brainwashed kids than there are in the wasteland that is Western Sydney.

Anyway, moot point, both the plastic clubs are s**t and can go to hell as far as I am concerned. Surely one of them is gonna merge with North, probably once the TV rights come up again.

Merge one and dump the other and get back to 16 teams and I will be happy.

Lots more expat Vics in the goldy to bring up brainwashed kids than there are in the wasteland that is Western Sydney.

Anyway, moot point, both the plastic clubs are s**t and can go to hell as far as I am concerned. Surely one of them is gonna merge with North, probably once the TV rights come up again.

Merge one and dump the other and get back to 16 teams and I will be happy.
Then you're never going to be happy because at least GWS is here to stay.

Then you're never going to be happy because at least GWS is here to stay.

You can't say one of the plastics is here to stay without the other also being here to stay. That's just nonsense from the AFL's point of view.

The only question is when North inevitably go under whether the AFL merges them with one of the plastic teams or relocates them to an under resourced Tasmania. I doubt the AFL is gonna want a bye again.

You can't say one of the plastics is here to stay without the other also being here to stay. That's just nonsense from the AFL's point of view.

The only question is when North inevitably go under whether the AFL merges them with one of the plastic teams or relocates them to an under resourced Tasmania. I doubt the AFL is gonna want a bye again.
It'll be Gold Coast that merges eventually with North Melbourne. That's what I think anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back