News PAFC & CHINA - The Celestial Frontier

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Our very own Bird's Nest?

birdsnest1.jpg

Kochie's comments, as quoted, at the end of the piece re producing TV and Internet transmission into China are especially brilliant.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...in-china-in-2016/story-fnia6ojc-1226982273129

The Power is closer to sealing a pre-season game on the Chinese island of Macua next season. And if the NAB Challenge match proves successful in opening new sponsorship and television rights for the Power and the AFL, Port will seek a premiership game in China in 2016.

But under its agreement with the State Government and the Stadium Management Authority the Power cannot move one of its home games from Adelaide Oval to China.
It would have to be the “away” team — as it is to Melbourne in the premiership games recently transferred from the MCG to Darwin and this season to Alice Springs.
Already as many as four AFL clubs have declared their interest in moving their home games against Port to China.

Power president David Koch announced at Port’s pre-season launch in February his club’s determination to take AFL games to China.
He has followed up this plan with a board meeting in Hong Kong in mid-May and now sponsorship of the China national AFL team for the International Cup series in Melbourne next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the ins and outs of overseas television rights at all, but the club really could do worse then to pay for Cantonese & Mandarin commentators and aim the feed for free in China over the internet. Who doesn't love free content? Getting the legalities might be hard, and getting Chinese language people with the footy nous to commentate might be even harder. But it would be worth doing. Sow the seeds, harvest the crops, bake the bread!

Harder? more like a tantalising challenge/opportunity for the 000's of enterprising hungry un/under employed
tertiary educated students.
This time Kochie will make sure WE eat the sandwiches
Lockhart Rd WELL DONE :hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was tuned in to 5aa this afternoon when Rucci came on for a 30-minute gig. I paid attention in case he added something to his China article, and he did.
Right at the end he said something brilliant. He passed on an item that either Kochie or KT had just given him, along the lines of what KT had told his audience in HK in May, that PAFC seeks to put as much into the Community as it seeks to get out of it.
"It's only right that if we are looking for sponsorship from China-based or -connected corporations, we should come to the aid of the China national AFL team when they've been left high and dry and on the verge of pulling out of the International Cup." (Or words to that effect.)
I'm looking forward very much to seeing what extra corporate support and partnerships the Club attracts during and because of this exercise.
I could tell you that we had a pledge from a new one this morning, if I was allowed to.

Yes I thought that was a great line -that PAFC seeks to put as much into the Community as it seeks to get out of it - as well as China national team stuff.

Goning to write something later about Melbourne's efforts since 2006 that haven't gone anywhere much re their Shanghai venture.

Who needs Lycett when we've got Mao Ying stitched up ?

Mao Ying (800x566).jpg

Photo taken on Hong Kong Football Club Main Pitch by ISAAC LAWRENCE

Caption invited ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back